Posted by TheCannon (16073 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. I have to say this. I was wrong. I was wrong about the Tim Burton Batman movies being better than the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. Yesterday, I watched Batman (1989) and Batman Returns. Today, I watched Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. And, I have to say that the Nolan movies are better. I still love the Burton movies, but I can't deny that the Nolan movies are better. So, just wanted to give a notice that now, I say the Nolan movies are better. So, I can't wait to see the Dark Knight Rises.

#1 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: It's o.k we forgive you

#2 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

this...

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Burton's were more Batmany IMO, I like them better

#4 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Sh! Be quiet...we've been wanting the reaction we got, don't get him to change it. And how dare you say the Burton Batman movies are better...LOL

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: I didn't say they were better, because we would need some type of parameter to objectively quantify quality to know which one is better. I said I liked them more

#6 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

I know, I was just foolin with ya.

#7 Posted by JonSmith (3797 posts) - - Show Bio

You are correct: the Nolan movies are better. As movies.

The Burton Batman films, I'm tempted to say, are better Batman movies.

#8 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

APPLES AND ORANGES

And Nolan's Batman is NOT Batman.....

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

There really is no right answer or need for apology in this matter. To say that one director's take on the Caped Crusader in movies was better is a mere idea of subjectivity. The Burton movies were great for giving us the "dark/comic atmosphere" that the Batman felt from his origins in 1939 whereas the Schumacher films were....heh...a throwback to the Adam West days in all honesty. The Nolan films finally just showed to the movie audience that a superhero movie didn't have to be all campy and pulpy in order to be successful, that superheroes like the Dark Knight could be steeped in reality. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is...apology accepted, but just unnecessary ^^

#10 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

ERHMAGERD! My life can now continue as scheduled. Thank you.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Nolan's Batman is NOT Batman.....

So that guy running around in a bat costume beating up psychopaths after getting trained in martial arts because he lost his parents to a mugger's gun was.... just a guy in a bat costume beating up psychopaths after getting trained in martial arts because he lost his parents to a mugger's gun?

Noted.

#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@White Mage said:

So that guy running around in a bat costume beating up psychopaths after getting trained in martial arts because he lost his parents to a mugger's gun was.... just a guy in a bat costume beating up psychopaths after getting trained in martial arts because he lost his parents to a mugger's gun?

Noted.

.....................................If this is the case, then I SERIOUSLY need to give Halle Berry and friends an apology for Catwoman, and the X-Men series.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (16073 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

ERHMAGERD! My life can now continue as scheduled. Thank you.

Okay...

@Crom-Cruach said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

this...

I don't see why you would forgive me when there's nothing to forgive me over, but thanks I guess.

#14 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey welcome to sensability.

#15 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhhh...of course? I mean, I'm not sure how anyone can think the Burton films come close. They have aged horribly.

#16 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

This.

#17 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: It was a poor attempt at humor.

#18 Posted by Swagger462 (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

This

#19 Posted by The Stegman (20733 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't let it happen again buster.

#20 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

the burton movies were closer to the comics. the problem with the noloan movies is that the nolan batman changed a whole lot of stuff around. im still a little irked that robin's name is john blake in the movie.

#21 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker was killed in the Burton films, so you can TELL Nolanverse beats Burtonverse by a THOUSAND!

#22 Posted by TheCannon (16073 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

Joker was killed in the Burton films, so you can TELL Nolanverse beats Burtonverse by a THOUSAND!

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

#23 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@White Mage said:

Noted.

.....................................If this is the case, then I SERIOUSLY need to give Halle Berry and friends an apology for Catwoman, and the X-Men series.

That would be true if the Halle Berry movie had anything to do with the Catwoman of comics. It had a different origin, unfamiliar enemies, new costume, different motives and personality, and many other things that were off.

This is not true for the Burton Batman movies.

#24 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

@White Mage said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@White Mage said:

Noted.

That would be true if the Halle Berry movie had anything to do with the Catwoman of comics. It had a different origin, unfamiliar enemies, new costume, different motives and personality, and many other things that were off.

I mentioned X-Men as well. However, my point was addressing Nolan's Batman, not Burton's. Burton's Batman actually reminded me of...well...Batman

#25 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: The same applies for Nolan's Batman.

I could run through the X-Men, but I don't like them so meh :P

#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Topic should be locked for being;  
a) a waste of space 
b) full of comments by really, really, really dumb people

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Strafe Prower said:

@White Mage said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@White Mage said:

Noted.

I mentioned X-Men as well. However, my point was addressing Nolan's Batman, not Burton's. Burton's Batman actually reminded me of...well...Batman

Gotta love "Joker: The Movie" and "Sex jokes, co-starring Batman!"

#28 Edited by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just shocked someone on the internet admitted they were wrong.  Someone call somebody.  =O

#29 Edited by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: @InnerVenom123: There's a difference between prefering one movie and ragging on the other. If you didn't care for Nolan's films that fine, but don't lambast them with asinine criticism, same with the Burton movies. Thats childish.

#30 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: What have I been telling you for the past year, man?

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@White Mage: @InnerVenom123: There's a difference between prefering one movie and ragging on the other. If you didn't care for Nolan's films that fine, but don't lambast them with asinine criticism, same with the Burton movies. Thats childish.

And.............................how is this addressed to me?

#32 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

I still rate them both on par, two completely different interpretations.

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I'm just shocked someone on the internet admitted they were wrong. Someone call somebody. =O

This is a historic day.

There... there might just be hope for us. :')

#34 Posted by XiiX (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

I agree.

#35 Posted by TheCannon (16073 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Topic should be locked for being; a) a waste of space b) full of comments by really, really, really dumb people

A. There is no space on the internet. It's infinite.

B. Even if that was true, that's not a reason to lock something.