#1 Posted by Flare123 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I am currently considering starting a cg animated internet show, but I'm looking to do one that will be an original superhero. I had a few questions, and needed people of this walk of lifes opinions.

1. Do you think an original superhero can be successful?

2. I have 2 different concepts one is about a young man fresh out of high school who has no idea what he wants to do with his life, but he was born with the ability of solar manipulation. As he tries to find his place in the world he discovers using his abilities to help the world that so desperately needs him, may just give him the clarity he needs. Granted that one has a lot more to it then I put but i figure its a goodstarting point.

The second is one based on a young man whose mother was a big time lawyer and his father a Government operative, on the eve of a trial to attempt to convict one of the cities biggest crime bosses the young man's mother, brother are killed. He and his father are shot but both survive his father forever handicapped by the incident trains his four year old son, by taking him on a global excursion to the masters that have trained him to make his son into a weapon of revenge. The 15 years later the young man returns to his home with his father, and after a failed attempt at fighting crime quits. Only to have his impulsive father draw attention of the daughter of the previous mob boss, getting himself murdered. Leading the young man to embracing his fathers goal.

again not completely how the story will go but a starting point. The question I have is either of these are good? if so which should I go with? And do you have any suggestions on how to improve the story?

Thats it please be kind but honest I'm new at this but I have some connections and I'd like to take a stab at it. I know that this site is full of superhero fans who i know would be experts so please help me.

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Yes.

2. I guess the second one but honestly they're neither really my cup of tea.

#3 Posted by Flare123 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: what would you say your cup of tea would be? and what about it dont you like if you don't mind me asking?

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flare123: Eh, I'm all over the place to be honest. I mostly seen to like it when the character either is really trying to be hero without knowing what to do or when they're desperately trying not to be a hero but end up being one anyway.

At least when it comes to indie comic stuff.

#5 Posted by Flare123 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: alright cool thank you. please spread the word about this I could really use the help.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21932 posts) - - Show Bio

i like 1 better

#7 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, an original superhero can definitely be successful... look no further than series like Invincible for proof of that.

Now, as far as your two ideas go... I would definitely run with the first one, simply because the whole "family murdered, seeking vengeance" thing in option 2 has been done to death at this point, and has grown incredibly cliche. The idea of a young man diving into heroics to seek personal fulfillment in his life is much more intriguing to me.

Good luck with this endeavor, I'll be interested to see what comes out of it.

#8 Posted by Flare123 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: thank you so much I appreciate your opinion

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I change my vote to the first idea after some thought.

#10 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Yes. Good writing and plot always keep people coming back for more.

2. That's for you to decide. Only you know where these character are going and will end up.

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one sounds cool

#12 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Yes, an original superhero can definitely be successful... look no further than series like Invincible for proof of that.

Now, as far as your two ideas go... I would definitely run with the first one, simply because the whole "family murdered, seeking vengeance" thing in option 2 has been done to death at this point, and has grown incredibly cliche. The idea of a young man diving into heroics to seek personal fulfillment in his life is much more intriguing to me.

Good luck with this endeavor, I'll be interested to see what comes out of it.

This

#13 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

The first you can do cool things with solar power to help the world, gives crops more sunlight to grow or when it's too hot reduce the intensity :) nice ideas!! :)

#14 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the second plot. It seems more fleshed out and more detailed. Will you be doing the art work too? What you need most of all is an angle. Something to set your work apart from all the other superhero concepts.

#15 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flare123: No problem, always happy to help.