#1 Posted by luke_kerridge (142 posts) - - Show Bio

The birthday's coming up, and I'm really stuck on comics to get. Please, as many people as possible, top 3 comics or story arcs, it'd be a massive help. Thank you

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League: Generation Lost volumes 1 and 2. And Invincible: Compendium One. Those are the bees knees.

#3 Posted by Owie (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

What's your taste?  Superheroes?  Indies?  Recent?  Old?

#4 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I don't know what you have lol, but Old Man Logan, Wanted, and Kick-Ass are all really good.

#5 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman.

Morrison's run on Doom Patrol.

Fables.

#6 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

anything from zenescope is gold :-)

#7 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen

Blue Beetle vol 2-4 (the old series)

Spiderman: Spider Island

#8 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

All star Superman

New 52 Animal man paperback

Batman: Gates of Gotham.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58262 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm what series do you already have?
BB

#10 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Specificity

#11 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of comics do you like, what superheroes, villains are you interested in?

#12 Posted by luke_kerridge (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: I was thinking Spider-Island and Watchmen as possibilities.

And for the guys who asked what I like, I'm fascinated with everything to do with Batman, I like 90% of his villains, which I love. I'm not a big fan of X-Men 'cause there seems like there's too many to choose from. To be honest, I'm not fussy, I'm just after good comics and story arcs. I'm interested in the New 52, but I'd like a few of the older comics. Cheers guys

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@luke_kerridge: Nah mate, there are far, far better stories than Spider-Island.

Back in Black is much better, Kraven's Last Hunt, Spider-man: No More, If this be my Destiny, and Venom.

For Batman, I recommend Hush, R.I.P., No Man's Land, The Long Halloween, Noel.

The first arc of Scott Snyder's New 52 Batman is absolutely spectacular as well.

#14 Posted by luke_kerridge (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Cheers mate. I was thinking about starting the New 52 Batman, but there's a few of them and I prefer older villains

#15 Posted by luke_kerridge (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Oh, and Venom, it seems really good, but I don't like the look of him. D'you know any story arcs with Anti-Venom in there, or the Venom I'm used to?

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@luke_kerridge said:

@Deranged Midget: Oh, and Venom, it seems really good, but I don't like the look of him. D'you know any story arcs with Anti-Venom in there, or the Venom I'm used to?

Which Venom are you used to? The most current one with Flash Thompson or are you referring to Eddie Brock?

Anti-Venom's first appearance date backs to The Amazing Spider-man #569 and he has appeared quite a bit in the latest Venom solo series featuring Flash Thompson.

#17 Posted by luke_kerridge (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I'm used to the Venom in the movies, looking all slimey and horrible. He doesn't seem as menacing in his own series in my opinion. Cheers buddy

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@luke_kerridge said:

@Deranged Midget: I'm used to the Venom in the movies, looking all slimey and horrible. He doesn't seem as menacing in his own series in my opinion. Cheers buddy

Ah, so you'd want to look into Eddie Brock's Venom then.