I made my 1st comic...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I wrote it. Paid an artist (absolutely beautiful art and you will definitely see his art one day. Remember the name Eddie Granger) to draw it and ink it. Got it printed and I have it in my hands. What do I do know?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pics or it didn't happen....j/k good job! But seriously, pics!

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I tried uploading pictures with the OP but it won't let me for some reason. When I click "on my desktop" it doesn't do anything....but man...the art is so incredible. The clothes the different body types the shading the dynamics. It beautiful. I'll upload pics as soon as it'll let me

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@sog7dc: Congrats. I would suggest Ka-Blam.com. They help you sell it digitally and sell it in some comic shops. They also print it for you.

How did you find an artist willing to draw?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Congratulations!!!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@sog7dc: Cool. And try Ka-Blam, I'm planning to use it one day.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody once mentioned something to me about submitting it to "image"....anybody have any idea about that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc: Ah, well done! I can't wait to see it. I'd be happy to support you and buy it digitally. Once you get that set up, just remind me.

Having said that, don't step here, start thinking about issue 2 :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Somebody once mentioned something to me about submitting it to "image"....anybody have any idea about that?

Image, as in the publisher Image Comics? Seems like a bit of a stretch for your first comic - they're a relatively huge comic company along the lines of Dark Horse and IDW.

But hey, reach for the stars and all that.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Oh idk how to stop. Lol I have A bedroom full of story. And the artist I worked with is as excited about the story as I am and he wants to do more as well. So if all goes well prayerfully we can get this thing distributed and into your LCS

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I was thinking that too but someone told me

That you can submit something to them and they'll help

You print and distribute if they like the work. Idk if that was at all credible information though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I look forward to it. What's the series called?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I hear creators get a lot of independence over at Image so them offering help to new writers doesn't sound too far fetched. Maybe find an email and give it a try. If you can keep contact with someone and impress them as you make more work you could have yourself a gateway into comics!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Congrats!

Now show it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hawkguy

@sog7dc: A lot of people that are starting up at my LCBS have gone to Aspen comics. Books like Bubble Gun, Overtaken, and Charismagic have had signings and meet the artist type deals at my LCBS in Mississauga since the writers and/or artists are local folks.

Go to your LCBS and ask the owner if he can hook something up. Give him a copy, see what he thinks, who knows? Maybe he can get something up and running for you!

Congrats on it, I've tried to do the same but between work and school it's been a challenge. Also, the fact that I've been trying to draw it myself has doubled the difficulty. I'm glad to hear you got one done!

jimmyshorioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jimmyshorioni
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy: I appreciate it man. Good luck. And I have school/work/football too but everything just kinda worked out

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Got a name for your Comic book company?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: Company? Lol

I have one issue of one character completed. Im a long way off from a company......but if I ever did start one I'd name it after my LCS "Fantasy"

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will be doing the same thing shortly.

Pretty much what I plan on doing is going to local comic cons. Have a facebook page. Preview my comic at a couple of places. Get the local comic shops to sell them.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: Go for it man. Its worth it to see your idea on paper brought to life by the artist. It's awesome

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: https://www.imagecomics.com/about/submissions

That's where you'd go if you really want to go after Image. Prepare to be disappointed, though. It's pretty prestigious.They print stuff like The Walking Dead, Saga, Invincible, a lot of big name titles. They get thousands of submissions, so don't expect to get your first try in. I haven't seen your work, so I can't really know. I also don't work for Image, so I can't really know. All I know is that it's not something to be taken lightly. If you do decide to submit it, I'd definitely put a LOT of work into your proposal. As a first try, though, you wouldn't be failing if you just self-published it digitally. Good luck!

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee said:

@sog7dc: https://www.imagecomics.com/about/submissions

That's where you'd go if you really want to go after Image. Prepare to be disappointed, though. It's pretty prestigious.They print stuff like The Walking Dead, Saga, Invincible, a lot of big name titles. They get thousands of submissions, so don't expect to get your first try in. I haven't seen your work, so I can't really know. I also don't work for Image, so I can't really know. All I know is that it's not something to be taken lightly. If you do decide to submit it, I'd definitely put a LOT of work into your proposal. As a first try, though, you wouldn't be failing if you just self-published it digitally. Good luck!

Or you can submit it through Diamond and have it as your own title..

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee: Thanks. We both really believe in our work so I think we'll

Go the image route

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I definitely wish you good luck with that! Please don't get your hopes up, though. I'm not just trying to be pessimistic, but they literally get thousands of submissions. The odds are against you, regardless of how good it is. But I still wish you luck, nonetheless!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee: I appreciate the well wishes :). Hopefully you guys will be able to pick it up and read it for yourselves pretty soon

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@dabee: I appreciate the well wishes :). Hopefully you guys will be able to pick it up and read it for yourselves pretty soon

I absolutely hope so, too. And I hope that it didn't come off as me trying to knock you down saying you're not going to get it anywhere. I really just wanted to make sure you knew that it's not an easy thing to get accepted into Image. If they don't pick it up, it doesn't mean it's not good, so don't give up on it! I'll be looking forward to checking it out!

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Post a link, or tell us where we can find it in the near future

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Let us see a picture whenever you can

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Typed in Eddy Granger in Google and saw a bunch of pic of half naked guys. @sog7dc What have you done to me?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Great job :)

If you don't mind me asking, what's it about?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SOG7dc

@sinestro_gl: Without spoiling anything. It's about a character that has IMMENSE power who really jut wants the things everybody else wants. He's flawed. He's human, while t the same time he is something fr beyond human (you'll have to read to find out what ;) ) the idea behind this theme is that people always say "If I had supermans powers I'd help everybody and stop era etc" but the fact is that people don't use the power we gbe already. What stops us from going to soup kitchens? Doing volunteer work? Missionary work (if you have a faith)? Helping a less fortunate family? This character is the juxtaposition between incredible power and responsibility, and natural human desires. You see what I'm getting at?

Edit: and he isn't an alien, god, sorcerer, mutant, wasn't given a special serum, or bitten by a radioactive spider, or given powers by gods. I think what he is has never been done before in comics actually

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@sog7dc said:

@sinestro_gl: Without spoiling anything. It's about a character that has IMMENSE power who really jut wants the things everybody else wants. He's flawed. He's human, while t the same time he is something fr beyond human (you'll have to read to find out what ;) ) the idea behind this theme is that people always say "If I had supermans powers I'd help everybody and stop era etc" but the fact is that people don't use the power we gbe already. What stops us from going to soup kitchens? Doing volunteer work? Missionary work (if you have a faith)? Helping a less fortunate family? This character is the juxtaposition between incredible power and responsibility, and natural human desires. You see what I'm getting at?

Edit: and he isn't an alien, god, sorcerer, mutant, wasn't given a special serum, or bitten by a radioactive spider, or given powers by gods. I think what he is has never been done before in comics actually

Sounds cool.

Did your artist also do a cover for you? Or is it without one at the moment?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: He did do a cover but we're talking about changing it to be more congruent with the overall theme of the book. As of right now it just references what happens in Issue 1

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

We need pictures.

What is the comic about?

Give more details.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By blkson

details

jimmyshorioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That last sentence is a little ironic, being written by someone looking to professionally write :p

But really, congrats & future luck with making more of them.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sog7dc:

please gives pictures. at least give us a link to wear the pictures would be pretty please.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ok man - stop teasing us - let us read it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmyshorioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wtf

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

How much did it cost you to get it drawn and printed? I have an idea for a comic and money.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Yokergeist

How much did it cost overall? (Artist, printing, publishing, all that stuff) because I wrote a story and I want to have it be a comic.

-$NG

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Congrats. Now you try to market it.

Do you live by a comic book store? If you do, talk to the people there. Many stores purposely look for locally-made comics to stock.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

please gives pictures. at least give us a link to wear the pictures would be pretty please.