I'm making a Legit Superhero who wants to help?

Avatar image for technobacon2014
TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TechnoBacon2014

Poll I'm making a Legit Superhero who wants to help? (27 votes)

Yeah, I'll help 52%
No, I don't like you... 52%

So I've had this Idea for about a Month now I just don't know what I want him to be I keep questioning myself second guessing so that's why I'm asking for your help.

• 
Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Any details on the character?

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No not really because this is just an Idea at the moment

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

So you've been thinking about it for a month and have no clue about what kind of hero you want to make? Or what you want it for?

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TechnoBacon2014

@jonsmith: Okay I lied about the Thinking about it for a month thing..It just popped in my mind today

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Lol

OT: As odd as this sounds, when I was a kid I created an entire universe and heroes (and villains) with their own story arcs and everything. I still write a new arc every now and then. All I can say is keep at it, creating characters and heroes and making stories with them can be pretty fun.

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TechnoBacon2014
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

sure

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp you need a power set of some kind, then the design comes from there.

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technobacon2014: It doesn't seem like you have thought much about it at all and want others to do the thinking for you.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Lol

OT: As odd as this sounds, when I was a kid I created an entire universe and heroes (and villains) with their own story arcs and everything.

Wow. Same here :o

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TechnoBacon2014

@khan_noonien_singh: That's not the case at all I just thought about this today so I don't have much info...

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TechnoBacon2014
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You said you've had this idea for about a month, created this thread 2 days ago, and then said you just thought about this today.

The least you could do is get your thoughts together.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an idea, but the point that you can't get your story straight makes me skeptical of giving you ideas....

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: When I say Legit I mean I want to get it in Marvel or DC

Do you mean you want Marvel or DC to publish it because that would be a damn hard job or is it kind of Fan-Fic in the DC or Marvel universe, because I think if you want it to be published you better try indie publishers.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you guys have been no help...

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@technobacon2014 said:

Well you guys have been no help...

My advice would be to think about it for more than a day. I'm sure allot of people would love to help you out, but it's difficult when you don't really know what you want the character to be. Just sit down with a paper and pencil and spend some time brainstorming.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By New_World_Order

Street level? Powerhouse? Abstract? Male? Female? Android? Human? Extra Terrestrial?

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I could absolutely help you, and even write a few chapters...For a price. PM me for more details, I think we can arrange a pretty good agreement.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This site is full of trollers and normal guys. A normal person wont respond to considering how farfelus it is. Dude just create your own stuff and dont try to make a collective Character which would be boring considering that no one would agree. I'll give you a advice, if you are so bad at this just create one Hero a day and after a few months or a year you will probably get a decent powered character with decent villains (And a decent universe). As for getting in Marvel or Dc i doubt its would ever happen, I could see hypotheticaly that someone would make it to Image Comics but Marvel and DC are full (IMO) in term of heroes (And evan if they would accept your character its would be a minor character that would NEVER make it to the big league like Batman/Superman/Spider-man/Wolverine) considering the demands for comics are not limitless, there cant have 34546567687532324324234324...characters. Besides there's a other option which would probably take a lot of chance, time and skills. That option would be to create your own company (Dont get excited about it, its would take a miracle to make it).In the end whatever you will do, you probably will end writing for yourself more than anything else.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I could absolutely help you, and even write a few chapters...For a price. PM me for more details, I think we can arrange a pretty good agreement.

i laughed at this idk why :).

Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering two of my brothers and I have an entire universe. I might could help.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so I've put some thought into my character I want him to be like Superman in powers but a dark backstory like Batman but have a carefree personality like Spider-Man

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@technobacon2014: I'll help. I've already started making a entire universe Myself. Lets see explain his powers and what makes his backstory so dark.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Use your own creativity.

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: His powers are Flight,Super Speed and Super strength I'm gonna add more tomorrow or as I stay up tonight I haven't thought too much about his Backstory I've been really focusing more on the powers all I know is that I want it to be dark maybe darker than Batman's

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@technobacon2014:

I can help with the BackStory anytime you want and the powers and/or orgin

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JonSmith

Okay so I've put some thought into my character I want him to be like Superman in powers but a dark backstory like Batman but have a carefree personality like Spider-Man

His powers are Flight,Super Speed and Super strength I'm gonna add more tomorrow or as I stay up tonight I haven't thought too much about his Backstory I've been really focusing more on the powers all I know is that I want it to be dark maybe darker than Batman's

Finally, something to work with! My suggestion is: Your character is a dude in his mid 30's. For a placeholder name, let's call him Bob until you think of something better. Bob's a laidback dude, relaxed. The kind of guy who prefers to go with the flow of things. He'll make a stand when necessary, but rarely deems it necessary. Bob has a wife, three kids. They're going out on vacation. One of his kids is a typical nerd. Loves reading, comic books, science, the works. Always bends Bob's ear off talking about comics and science Bob doesn't really understand or care about. Bob? He cares about his dead end job, he'll work til he dies and leave the world having put nothing in it save his kids. And he's okay with that. Made his peace. Anyway, his kid wants to stop by a science expo while they're on vacation. One of his idols is going to be there showing off their latest invention.

So Bob and his family decides to go to the expo, since they know the kid doesn't much care for the beach, where they'll be spending most of the vacation. While at the expo, the kid's idol pops up, and begins showing off an invention: An infinite power source that requires no fuel to run. Unfortunately, disaster strikes during the reveal: A bunch of guys in SWAT gear attack, kill lots of people, including Bob's wife and two of his kids, and try to take the device. This causes feedback that kills most of them, including the kid's idol, and sends the power source into critical overload. Bob's kid runs up and tries to power it down, since he's studied his idol's notes and everything. He fails, and as the power source explodes, Bob grabs him and tries to shield him.

Four months later, Bob wakes up in the hospital. Covered in a full body cast. He discovers his last remaining kid was killed in the blast. Given he was in the hospital and presumed he'd never wake up, his house was foreclosed on and most of the items inside were stolen or sold off. And he was fired from his job. He has nothing left. He's broken, inside and out. But physically, at least, he gets better. Rapidly. And he keeps getting better. Near as Bob can figure, he somehow fused with the power source, granting him incredible powers. And all it cost him was everything.

Bob moves to a new city, trying to put it all behind him. Finds a new job, rents an apartment, tries to get over what's happened and figure out what to do with all these new powers he's gaining. His mind keeps coming back to those comics...

There's my pitch. Take it or leave it.

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Knightfall225

Is he born with his powers or does he recieve them from something

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: We've decided to make a team of 3 people` and they receive their powers from something

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well maybe they shouldnt get their powers from something scientific because that origin has been overused. Maybe try something supernatural

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technobacon2014: Maybe they summon a god and the god turns them into his/her champions granting them supernatural powers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I voted no only because every writer is on their own journey. I know I wouldnt like it if someone told me something I liked was dumb and tried to force his/her own ideas into my story which I dont like. Not saying that's the case just I wouldnt know how to contribute.

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TechnoBacon2014

OKAY EVERYONE You don't need to comment on this thread anymore with Suggestions me and a group of people have already started

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technobacon2014: except you already opened the can of worms here when you created this thread.

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kyrees

@technobacon2014: by opening this thread, you are pitching in the idea that marvel or dc will accept your hero that easily. frankly, it's hard to get the big two to accept a new hero even with a new background. it's hard to put an investment on new products that are not yet liked and in the comic industry, that viewpoint is greatly amplified. i'm not going to discourage you and your group to your project but do remember that the publishers need to see of good value to your hero and the current story so far has been overused.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no only because every writer is on their own journey. I know I wouldnt like it if someone told me something I liked was dumb and tried to force his/her own ideas into my story which I dont like. Not saying that's the case just I wouldnt know how to contribute.

i am in the group and we have been voting on ideas, its been working relatively smoothly

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Yeah we decided not to pitch to Marvel or DC we want to pitch to Image or Dark Horse or Blaze

TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: And the story has changed Dramatically