Posted by corey1003 (31 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: I'm dropping a series and I'm trying to figure out what to replace it with. (60 votes)

Thor: God of Thunder 30%
Saga 15%
Green Arrow (New 52) 27%
Nightwing (New 52) 12%
Other. Suggest a Comic 13%

These are the ones I was thinking of. I'm going with whatever gets the most votes. Lay it on me. Feel free to suggest your own. If i get enough suggestions of the same comic I may chose that instead.

P.S: I'm a DC fan.

#1 Posted by AngstromLevy (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Saga, even though Green Arrow is pretty good after issue 17.

Saga is just an incredible comic, I highly recommend it.

#2 Posted by corey1003 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I am heavily leaning in the direction of Saga. I just wanted to see if any of the others got a a ton of votes to change my mind.

#3 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to make a guess that Saga is.going to win the votes. I also think you should go for Saga.

I've heard mix feelings although few about Thor. I dislike Nightwings series. It's just Ok. It's not really special.

Green Arrow just started getting good. Saga has a lot of hype and is extremely popular.

-StayBlessed-

#4 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at the current Valiant comics and pick the one that best suits your tastes.

#5 Edited by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

You could get the trades of Saga (13,24$ on IST for 12 issues) and buy something else monthly if you can. Saga's first issue is free on comixology.

But what other series are you reading?

BB

#6 Posted by MrMiyagii (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying Thor at the moment. But plan on picking up the Saga trades, heard a lot of people say its a really good title.

#7 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga is amazing, definitely go with that.

#8 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

thor is an awesome book, but if you must go with dc, get green arrow. as for non big 2 recoms, tmnt is great. they've been doing their own little villains series, which are great if you're new to the series.

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow.

Great writing, great art. That's two for two. We're also living in the times of GA's increasing popularity...jump on it, amigo.

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22959 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing from issue 19,

Invincible (by in trades)

and this:

Look at the current Valiant comics and pick the one that best suits your tastes.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying Thor at the moment. But plan on picking up the Saga trades, heard a lot of people say its a really good title.

It's amazing. But to me, it's the kind of series you have to read as a trade. Single issues don't do justice. Same with Manhattan Projects if you ever check that out.

#12 Posted by Hawkguy (584 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really enjoyed Saga in trades so far and would recommend it in that format. Thor has been awesome but Green Arrow got my vote for being insanely good after #17. Plus, you save a dollar.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow and Nightwing are really good DC titles I have to say. I hear loads of good things about Saga too. But for me, Thor: God of Thunder is the best of the bunch. It's surprisingly well written and does a lot right by Thor's character, mythology and world whilst adding some new flavour to it.

#14 Posted by Catsnlynne (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one I read is Green Arrow, so gotta go with him.

#15 Posted by ghost_runner (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga in my opinion is the best ongoing comic, period.

#16 Posted by ImTheBat (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Invincible. Sweet read.

#17 Edited by Smallville2106 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Chew is great!! Saga is great. I've just read the 2 trades that are available. Revival is also very good.

#18 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#19 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you looking for something ongoing?

Either way, try Chew or Morning Glories. All-New X-men is good, too.

#20 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#21 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Green Arrow and Nightwing are really good DC titles I have to say. I hear loads of good things about Saga too. But for me, Thor: God of Thunder is the best of the bunch. It's surprisingly well written and does a lot right by Thor's character, mythology and world whilst adding some new flavour to it.

You like Nightwing like... enough to say, "really good." Why? From the very first issue? Or are you talking about since the Prankster arc?

I'm surprised SAGA is losing. I always hear great things about it.

I say,

Thor, SAga, and/or a Valiant comic. Green Arrow only when it started to get good. I heard it sucked at first but I dunno.

( +)

#22 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16357 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder.

#23 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

HELLBOY DO IT NOW!

#24 Posted by Xwraith (21331 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow. It's the only DC book I like.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Most of the stories have been well written from the start of the title. The only real problems have been when Snyder's Night of the Owls or Death of the Family got in the way and jumbled up Higgins' well written status quo for Nightwing. The Prankster arc has been the best storyline yet though IMO. Hope Higgins stays on for a while longer and does Nightwing's Forever Evil/post FE status justice.

#26 Posted by corey1003 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

You could get the trades of Saga (13,24$ on IST for 12 issues) and buy something else monthly if you can. Saga's first issue is free on comixology.

But what other series are you reading?

BB

I'm currently reading: Batman (new 52), Aquaman (New 52) ,Red Hood and The Outlaws (new 52), Batman X Superman (New 52), Superman Unchained (New 52), Justice League (New 52),The New Avengers, The New Guardians of the Galaxy, The New Xmen. Xmen being the one I'm dropping.

#27 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'd agree with this.

#28 Posted by ccraft (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked other, You should check out Valiant's Quantum and Woody comic, it's hilarious series. It's only on issue 2

#29 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest Green Arrow, but just since the last creative team jumped aboard. Before that it was kind of bleargh... in my opinion.

I tried Saga but it didn't grab me, but I know that the vast majority of people love it, which makes me think that it has a lot going on for it. If you want to do something different from marvel/DC, I'd go with that.

Rebound question: is the current Thor that good? A lot of people say a lot of nice things about it. I never got into his solo book, but I like the character. Is this a good time to jump aboard? What are its strong points?

#30 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@yung_ancient_one: Most of the stories have been well written from the start of the title. The only real problems have been when Snyder's Night of the Owls or Death of the Family got in the way and jumbled up Higgins' well written status quo for Nightwing. The Prankster arc has been the best storyline yet though IMO. Hope Higgins stays on for a while longer and does Nightwing's Forever Evil/post FE status justice.

I think it's been good since the beginning, but just ok. I don't view this series to be anything special. I've read from the first issue all the way to Night of the Owls arc. My brother says he wants to drop the title and won't be getting the Prankster arc. I keep hearing it's a great arc but for me all the stories leading up have been decent but nothing special. IMHO.

To each their own though.

( +)

#31 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow! Starting from issue 17

#32 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1694 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is my favorite then again I could biased as Dick Grayson is my hero. So I'll say either Nightwing or Green Arrow. Nightwing has been great and from what I have read of Green Arrow it was great too.

#33 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Aaron's Thor. It's better than most any Marvel book and better than every DC title in my opinion.

#34 Edited by fil123 (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Green arrow starting from issue 17 is probably the best comic out there right now. Jeff Lemire is a man genius

#35 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18673 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd say to go with thor or saga.

since i'm reading thor i'll say thor.

#36 Edited by corey1003 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like I'll be buying the trades of Saga and picking up Thor: God of Thunder.