i love marvel but when will marvel fans stop

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hating on DC any time Marvel announces a new movie or tv show?

I like both, and I know marvel is putting out a lot more because of disney but every time in the comments some fanboy has to bring up DC doing nothing.

I think everyone realizes that DC has not put out anything compared to the new marvel/disney.

Just respect what both companies have to offer and move on, there is no need ot hate on one because they only care about batman.

do you agree?

Oh yeah and THOR the dark world is tomorrow i'm so excited.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Oh my god....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

This manner of criticism isn't exclusive to just Marvel fanboys. It could easily be flipped to target DC fanboys and their complaints over "Marvel's emphasis on quantity over quality."

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine008

Let it go man.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This thread...why? Just no just no.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very fanboyish of YOU dude, like dc's havent done the same

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome thread. glad i paid a visit. i learned a lot.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I don't understand. What are people objecting to?

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is making marvel fans out to be "those guys" who are like trolls, when something good happens for marvel, they use it to downgrade dc, though he forgets dc does the exact same thing

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sebast_allen: Oh. I haven't really noticed a lot of that going on.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman: Introducing Superman will be a key component in the arguments. I think Affleck can pull it off, but I don't know if Snyder can. If that movie only does as well as MoS (still successful, but not impeding on Marvel), then there won't be much of a debate anymore. Marvel now will have 5 TV shows to compete with Arrow and Flash.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Just him, no-one else, his post is so bias, marvel fan or not

Batman: Introducing Superman will be a key component in the arguments. I think Affleck can pull it off, but I don't know if Snyder can. If that movie only does as well as MoS (still successful, but not impeding on Marvel), then there won't be much of a debate anymore. Marvel now will have 5 TV shows to compete with Arrow and Flash.

What 5 :D

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Just him, no-one else, his post is so bias, marvel fan or not

@havenless said:

What 5 :D

SHIELD, Daredevil, Luke & Fist, Defenders, JJ

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sebast_Allen

AWESOME , whats jj

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am not sure Marvel fans slag off DC, but you've got to admit that it is pretty frustrating that DC are so behind Marvel with films etc. As Chris Hemsworth rightly said recently Marvel v DC is no contest 'cause Marvel is kicking DCs butt. I actually like more DC characters right now than Marvel ones - just - but concede that Marvel has every right to crow. It has released some cracking films and its profile is just way, way higher than DC. None of my colleagues at work know anything about Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman etc, but they all know about Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine etc...

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

you need to calm down on these threads buddy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC will also have Hourman, Constantine and a Jim Gordon centric show.

AWESOME , whats jj

Jessica Jones.

you need to calm down on these threads buddy.

He's a troll, its the only thing he's good at.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@havenless said:

Sweet Christmas! Hourman? How is that gonna work?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know but it sounds interesting.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvels winning in the cartoon department too...

I never noticed the lead marvel had until now .-.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Let it go man.

Where is your "And Here We Go" clip?? Are you slipping??

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know people who thoroughly believe that DC is making the better live action films, and that marvel is sucking it that same department so it just depends on how you look at it.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... Seriously? Not only is this thread ridiculous, but this agrument goes both ways.

Anyone remember pre-June 2013?

"The King is back on the throne!", "DC is WINNING!", "MAKE MINE DISNEY!"

Post-July 2013 -

"Sorry Marvelites, DC is putting together 2 of the top superheroes in a film therefore making any Marvel-related film invalid, MAKE MINE DISNEY", "Nobody even knows who Ultron is! Avengers 2 will suck!"

Most of the time -

"Lol Marvel fanboys just drool over anything they can watch a film with some guy taking a bath as long as it has Marvel Studios written on it", "Go back to your Agents of S.H.I.T. DC is WINNING!", "Oh my God Marvel fanboys are so insecure, go cry because you know Marvel can't even make quality films!"

I'll write down some Marvel fanboy quotes if anyone wants to hear it.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tyrus

Crap did I just post that? :P

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kgb725

The question is when will fanboys stop ?

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I've noticed that there is a double standard when it comes to the big players of comic books. I mean you are allowed to state that Marvel is doing fine in the film department but DC is not. And then you have people shouting at DC going to do it like Marvel. But remember they're separate competing companies, they have completely different approaches to things. People just need to accept things.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why can't Image make a decent movie?

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@havenless said:

Some perspective on all of these shows - Marvel's are limited run series exclusively to Netflix. Not the same concept at all as a standard ongoing TV series. 13 episode runs tying into a final series called "The Defenders" (so basically doing a TV version of Avengers over-all) and only on Netflix. Conversely CW are adding Flash and Gotham (well, still awaiting formal confirmation last I heard on Gotham) and Hourman (looks like it will definitely go ahead). NBC seems to be going for Constantine using a script from David Goyer (I'm pretty keen on this one personally). Also it's worth mentioning that CW are also looking at a Wonder Woman prequel (which would be 6 DC properties) similar to Smallville. The biggest difference is that the DC properties are looking to be ongoing series on basically regular TV, while Marvel's are all Netflix exclusives - which is fine if you're a Netflix person - and they are designed to be limited series. So while it;s good they're both getting into the game, I would still sya DC is "ahead" so to speak in this department.

However quantity isn't what really defines this for me - it's quality. And Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so far has been terrible IMO. I know some people like it, and that's cool, but personally other than Agent Coulson and the chick who's name I don't know who was also in Stargate Universe, there is nothing good about that show. Whereas Arrow I really like and enjoy (although I'm yet to see any of the new season).

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless said:

@rustyroy said:

@havenless said:

Some perspective on all of these shows - Marvel's are limited run series exclusively to Netflix. Not the same concept at all as a standard ongoing TV series. 13 episode runs tying into a final series called "The Defenders" (so basically doing a TV version of Avengers over-all) and only on Netflix. Conversely CW are adding Flash and Gotham (well, still awaiting formal confirmation last I heard on Gotham) and Hourman (looks like it will definitely go ahead). NBC seems to be going for Constantine using a script from David Goyer (I'm pretty keen on this one personally). Also it's worth mentioning that CW are also looking at a Wonder Woman prequel (which would be 6 DC properties) similar to Smallville. The biggest difference is that the DC properties are looking to be ongoing series on basically regular TV, while Marvel's are all Netflix exclusives - which is fine if you're a Netflix person - and they are designed to be limited series. So while it;s good they're both getting into the game, I would still sya DC is "ahead" so to speak in this department.

However quantity isn't what really defines this for me - it's quality. And Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so far has been terrible IMO. I know some people like it, and that's cool, but personally other than Agent Coulson and the chick who's name I don't know who was also in Stargate Universe, there is nothing good about that show. Whereas Arrow I really like and enjoy (although I'm yet to see any of the new season).

Gotham is being made by FOX.

Oh and like you said, since you (and me) prefer quality over quantity, you saying that DC is winning in the television department was kinda invalid. It doesn't matter if Marvel's Defenders properties are exclusives to Netflix as opposed to DC properties being produced as regular series - you prefer quality, right? As long as these Netflix shows are good, as good as Arrow (and the upcoming shows) or BETTER, then you can determine who's winning then. At this point, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Gotham, Constantine and Hourman are all chit-chat at this point.

The only part I can agree with you regarding DC winning in the TV Department is that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a total disaster. The cheesiness isn't as much as Arrow, but AOS is terrible - they're trying to make the romance the major plot-point and it's so damn annoying.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I like Marvel and DC.

sup.

@mikex20 said:

Why can't Image make a decent movie?

Its only a matter of time given TWD's success.

I for one would LOVE an Invincible movie, but I have a feeling people would see it as a Superman ripoff.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pointless thread

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

lol. It goes both ways buddy.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not noticed this.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

@havenless said:

@rustyroy said:

@havenless said:

Gotham is being made by FOX.

Oh and like you said, since you (and me) prefer quality over quantity, you saying that DC is winning in the television department was kinda invalid. It doesn't matter if Marvel's Defenders properties are exclusives to Netflix as opposed to DC properties being produced as regular series - you prefer quality, right? As long as these Netflix shows are good, as good as Arrow (and the upcoming shows) or BETTER, then you can determine who's winning then. At this point, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Gotham, Constantine and Hourman are all chit-chat at this point.

The only part I can agree with you regarding DC winning in the TV Department is that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a total disaster. The cheesiness isn't as much as Arrow, but AOS is terrible - they're trying to make the romance the major plot-point and it's so damn annoying.

That's why I put the ahead in quotation marks - it's not how I'm actually viewing it, the earlier comments made it seem that Marvel was "ahead" because they would have more shows basically. In actual fact you agree with me completely then, because yes - until any of these shows are actually on TV - we have no idea which is better, so right now all we have is Arrow compared to AoS - and at least IMO (and seemingly yours) Arrow is the superior show. Doesn't mean it's an awesome TV show or anything or my favourite (it's definitely not) but I enjoy it and am pretty hooked on it so far, while AoS would have to make significant changes to be a better quality show IMO. Although I'd probably have to hear about it later. After 5 episodes I've given up hoping it gets better and have stopped watching. Although it's all subjective and while it may not be my thing, obviously there are some people out there who enjoy it for now at least.

Also saying either one is "winning" is just fanboy, online forum chatter anyway - in this particular instance "winning" isn't really quantifiable or measurable - so to say either company is winning, we'd need to all agree on a measurable and quantifiable indicator of performance. Perhaps critical reception or popularity? Longevity of a series? At least with movies we can gauge box office and critical success to use a yard stick. TV shows is a bit more difficult. But while we're talking subjective opinion, in mine, DC has the better TV show (for now), and has the better animated formats (both film, shorts, and series) also - but again - just my opinion.

I could have sworn I heard Gotham was gonna be on CW, think I just confused it with that because it was int he same article as the Flash show - but either way - last I heard it wasn't fully confirmed still anyway and is in "development" phase or something - basically they're still looking at it - like the previous WW series it may get canned before it really gets off the ground. Hope not though as the guy who did the Mentalist is supposed to be attached and I quite like that show too.

Flash seems pretty set to go ahead though which is interesting and honestly, pretty exciting for me. I was a kid when they did the last Flash TV show and I loved it then. Hoping this one grabs my attention as an adult.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

never

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When will you stop making ignorant fanboyish threads?

• You generalize horribly. I mean,apparently to you,every marvel fan "hates on DC". This is a stereotype for Marvel fans and vice versa.
  • You make it seem as if (some) Marvel fans in particular do this,when there are comic fans of every comic book company that does this.

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

He is making marvel fans out to be "those guys" who are like trolls, when something good happens for marvel, they use it to downgrade dc, though he forgets dc does the exact same thing

Yes,exactly. There are DC fans that do the exact same things. Same with every other company. And it's not all of the fans,just some.

But hey,this guy is the same one that ranted that comic book movies should only be for the fans of comics,so whatever....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

... Seriously? Not only is this thread ridiculous, but this agrument goes both ways.

Anyone remember pre-June 2013?

"The King is back on the throne!", "DC is WINNING!", "MAKE MINE DISNEY!"

Post-July 2013 -

"Sorry Marvelites, DC is putting together 2 of the top superheroes in a film therefore making any Marvel-related film invalid, MAKE MINE DISNEY", "Nobody even knows who Ultron is! Avengers 2 will suck!"

Most of the time -

"Lol Marvel fanboys just drool over anything they can watch a film with some guy taking a bath as long as it has Marvel Studios written on it", "Go back to your Agents of S.H.I.T. DC is WINNING!", "Oh my God Marvel fanboys are so insecure, go cry because you know Marvel can't even make quality films!"

I'll write down some Marvel fanboy quotes if anyone wants to hear it.

HAHAHA !

Lmfao it's funny because I saw all of this when MOS was being released and there was so much Marvel hate and disrespect just to boost Superman.

But again,it happens on both sides and is only some of the fans.

They're called fanboys and they all do the same thing,it's hilarious!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I don't have a problem with putting DC down when it comes to being a moviegoer. Marvel is beating DC right now, plain and simple. They deserve all the praise and DC all the negative comparisons.

I want DC to step it up because I like a lot of their characters, but until they do I'll make fun of them.