i love iron man...but iron man 3...

• 58 results
THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

how come when i tell people that iron man 3 sucked, people get all mad and insult me for thinking a movie was bad.

they will insult you and your family all for not liking a movie.

why does this happen? i find it really sad.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

That happens to almost every single high-Grossing film that you claim is bad.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid is as stupid does.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Because from a film standpoint, Iron Man 3 is far from sucking.

I don't like the plot twist and several other things in the film either, from a comic standpoint or just from nitpicking. But the movie is good. If you think it's anything less than good, you're overreacting, to be quite honest.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I wouldn't say it sucked...but it was pretty mediocre, I'd give it a C.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

because you dont know a good thing when you see it. good not great..

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the plot twist and several other things in the film either, from a comic standpoint or just from nitpicking. But the movie is good. If you think it's anything less than good, you're overreacting, to be quite honest.

Pretty much this. Entertaining, but not the ideal comic-book movie.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Funny and action packed! But everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it on Friday and i got to say it was a huge disappointment.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm not overreacting. i just didn't like the movie.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because you dont know a good thing when you see it. good not great..

the avengers were good, the iron man/captain america/ THOR was all good.

so you just acting kinda dumb, no offence.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it on Friday. It was okay. The more I think about it, the less I like it. That happens a lot for me with big blockbuster type movies. It's definitely better then Iron Man 2, but that doesn't really say much. I enjoyed Iron Man 1, Captain America, and Thor all a lot more. It doesn't even come close to the Avengers.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: you are kinda dumb, no offence.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@thorson said:

@uncanny_doom said:

Not liking a movie doesn't mean it sucks though. Your personal enjoyment for the film, and the quality of it are two different things.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP insults a comic movie on comicvine and expects pity for his 'plight?'

Lol.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THORSON

that doesn't make a difference still thought it sucked and you can't do nothing about that.

@thorson said:

@uncanny_doom said:

Not liking a movie doesn't mean it sucks though. Your personal enjoyment for the film, and the quality of it are two different things.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THORSON

@thetimestreamer said:

typical whinny batman fan. btw the batman series sucked to. so now go f off.

batman is dumb too. superman is the best.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 owie  Moderator

I was not a fan of it either.

The whole thing with the kid was dumb. Any time you need to throw a kid in a movie to remind someone of their true self, you know you're driving right into Cliche-town. And it just so happens that the random shed he walks into happens to be the workshop of this genius kid with essentially no parents? It totally breaks any sense of reality. And it took up a huge portion of the movie.

Plus he was hardly in his suit. Some people may find this an interesting way to give Robert Downey some extra focus on his character, but I think he can do that plenty well while also blowing crap up with his suit. Plus, every time he was in it, it got knocked apart almost immediately. This showed Stark at his most ineffectual--he's supposed to be the guy who can make the best tech, but his tech was totally worthless throughout almost the entire movie. He couldn't even charge the darn thing up.

Plus, given that they made such a point of referencing Avengers, where were all his friends to help him? Where was, at the very least, SHIELD, which could certainly give him a charge up?

Plus, while I liked the reveal with Mandarin, I thought it was a real disappointment to not get to see his rings in action. That could have been really cool. Instead we get generic super strong guys who can melt stuff. It's fine that it comes from the comics, but it's not nearly as interesting to see on screen.

Plus, I hope this doesn't mean that Pepper is now going to be super-powered and join the Avengers or something.

Plus, if all his suits were actually fully functional and in his house the whole time, why didn't he activate them earlier?

Plus, that thing with the chain of monkeys took forever and the "I'll electrify your hands so they don't let go" thing was ridiculous.

It was a letdown. It was really hard to enjoy the good parts because the plot was so full of holes and they put so much emphasis on not letting you enjoy the villain and hero's actual abilities. I very much enjoy a superhero movie that has some characterization and some ideas behind the action, but I want my action too.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despised it comedy wasn't funny didn't like the action the twist made things worse hated it

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@thorson said:

how come when i tell people that iron man 3 sucked, people get all mad and insult me for thinking a movie was bad.

Because it's the internet and people forget what common courtesy is.

And that same level of ugly posting goes both ways. Some of the reactions to my positive opinion are horribly narrow-minded.

However, if you want your opinion to be taken seriously, you might need to elaborate and provide reasons instead of just saying something "sucked."

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Because it didn't suck.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k4tzm4n  Moderator
akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By akbogert

I'd argue that the film did not suck -- in that as a film, it was well made. That doesn't mean you can't hate it, but conflating your opinion with a quality judgment is juvenile.

Likewise, it probably doesn't help that you're a bit blatant in your preferences and seem to have a very...unique perspective on film quality. I say this because you responded to someone by calling them a whiny fanboy and stating that the Dark Knight trilogy sucked and "go f off." So not only do you disagree with something most people agree with, but you are disrespectful to things others like and extraordinarily vague in your standoffish opinion.

In other words your attitude makes you a magnet for criticism.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@thorson said:

I agree with you Its overated

No Caption Provided

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@innervenom123 said:

Because it didn't suck.

Your post sucks.

We both know you're framing it on your wall right now.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 k4tzm4n  Moderator
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I don't think you're supposed to use a nailgun on a fridge.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jorgevy

maybe because it didnt really suck.....

only the comic book people are getting mad about it, and it pertains mainly to some of the stuff that differentiated from the comics.

I really like it though, one of my favorite MCU movies yet, it's really well made and even though some twists were not of my liking, me caughting up to them beforehand kinda made me understand them. also I loved seeing Iron Man being less Iron Man and more Tony Stark, which in the end concludes to: Tony Stark is Iron Man, armor or not.

I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else expect Savin to be Ezekiel Stane?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@thorson said:

@uncanny_doom said:

He's intitled to his own opinon

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm one of those people that gets mad when people say the movie sucked. It's biggest flaw was the Mandarin screw up and we are all mad about that, but outside of that, it had great action, character exploration, humor, and it picked a good story (extremis).

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@thorson said:

@thetimestreamer said:

I'm sorry, but please have some manners. You go ahead and say something offensive to someone, then someone tells you the same thing because you're acting a bit babyish, so you decide to attack the person Batman, Batman fans, and then curse. Then you randomly claim that Superman is better which is completely irrelevant. If you want to be taken seriously, please talk with some class.

captainsaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the film, the ending was a bit strange but overall I thought it was really good. Iron man isn't my favorite character but because of this I am willing to pick up a few trades next time I'm at my LCS.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Because that's how people ROLL!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Loki9876

I said this once and say it again I think it was a good movie only the mandarin part pissed me of but you have the right to have your own opinion.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#38  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Because the movie is one of Marvel's BEST EVER! It had good action, good humor, good plot, good EVERYTHING. Only thing that was kinda stinky is the Mandarin thing but that as far as I'm concerned is a tiny complaint. If you state reasons I won't get mad at you. However if you like some other people I heard say "You suck because your opinion is that it doesn't suck" then to be honest you get what you're deserving.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I agree with the OP. Some people take these films so personally that when someone has any type of valid criticism for the movie they flip out.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that IM3 is the worst of the trilogy. Certainly such a movie only deserves attentions for so long before they are wasted :p Now it's time to look forward to Thor 2.

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jean199999

I was a bit disappointed probably because I expected more from it. I really wasn't a fan of the plot twist, but it was a fun and entertaining movie nonetheless.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it didn't suck. At all. I am all for the comic stories, and I really like them, but when the movies change around a few things all it does is keeps me more on my feet. If I already know what's going to happen, it wouldn't be as fun to watch. That would be the case if they perfectly followed the original story line. I really liked it. :-)

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THORSON

@thorson said:

@thetimestreamer said:

I'm sorry, but please have some manners. You go ahead and say something offensive to someone, then someone tells you the same thing because you're acting a bit babyish, so you decide to attack the person Batman, Batman fans, and then curse. Then you randomly claim that Superman is better which is completely irrelevant. If you want to be taken seriously, please talk with some class.

its only batman.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

@thetimestreamer said:

I won't reply in this manner, even though I loved the movie, as well as the batman series (most notably tdk). But if you disrespect a fan's movie, which the word "sucked" seems to do, they will naturally try to return that disrespect right back at you. If you phrase it in a friendlier way, like "I personally didn't like it", i'm sure no one would feel the need to come at you with such hostility.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my personal opinion, Iron Man 3 did tony stark the comic book character, more justice than any other comic character in their own movie. The advanced technology, and his genius level grasp of it. His engineering skills, displaying his unique ability to build many things from anything. And the importance of his butler Jarvis and his relationship with him, which in my opinion was a more fleshed out relationship than Bruce and Alfred in any of the batman trilogy movies. When Jarvis saved tony's life by pulling him from the bottom of the ocean after the house destruction scene, I just kept thinking how lucky Tony was to have him. These are some of the reasons why I loved the film.

songoku1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it sucked, it just didn't have alot of action for an action movie.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

If you think the movie sucked, the ending after the credits made up for it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Actually, this is how people roll.

No Caption Provided
lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lilben42

The general audience including myself most likely loved the movie. Comic book fans were disappointed because SPOILER ALERT KINDA they wanted to see more of the Mandarin.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@thorson said:

@sagejonathan said:

@thorson said:

@thetimestreamer said:

its only batman.

No Caption Provided

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont even listen to people who try and get defensive about the movie. it was bad from the perspective of somebody who reads iron man comics. i give it a c- at best. there is no need to go out of your way to ruin a character that is to iron man as joker to batman or luthor to superman or kingpin to daredevil or loki to thor or red skull to cap. just keep the madarin out of the effin movie. actually have iron man in the suit and not an army of robots. dont rob us out of the post credit scene. a twist isnt bad when done right but what they should have done was have killian as the villian(or pick somebody like crymson dynamo or titanium man) and the post credit scene show that the madarin was really in charge.