i love batman beyond....but not Terry Mcginnis

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

Does anyboy else want a series where bruce is the one in the suit? to see an adept h2h combatant/detective in that super high tech suit would be awesome. I say cancel "DARK KNIGHT" and replace it with this. there is so much potential here that I think is being wasted

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc:

Agreed. That Easter egg in Batman #20 was great!

But, I'd rather have a 666 Batman title.

There's already a little to much Bruce Wayne.

If it's written well I'd be shellin' out the cash.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nope. I like Terry far more than Bruce, and the a high tech suit didn't solve the problem of ruce getting old and slow. Bruce gets far more than his share of attention anyway.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sog7dc: How would that even work?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie:

666 batman? whats that?

I agree that's why I think they should cancel "DARK KNIGHT" and replace it with batman beyond. and ive bought two TPBs with Terry as batman and he barely uses the superior tech in the suit, he's a poor h2h fighter. its just frustrating because dick, Jason and Damien could all do soooooo much better with the suit

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By w0nd

no I don't want to see a 50 year old man in that bat suit, and I am being generous with 50. Bruce is pretty much invincible without that suit putting him in it would just be 10x more efficient. I think the suit makes up for terry's lack of skills, which is fair.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you 100%.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Tim Drake was in Batman beyond.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

"Batman in Bethlehem" was a story by Grant Morrison following future Damian Wayne (now Batman, refered to as 666 Batman by fans). It has a awesome Sci-Fi horror feel to it.

It's a great read, you should check it out.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@battle_forum_junkie: i so WANT that, i like dark knight but i wouldn't mind it being swapped for that ... or keep the title and just have damien in it , like what they did with batwing

@ximpossibrux: he kinda is , ever seen return of the joker - the batman beyond movie?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sog7dc:

That version of Batman was believed to be a future version of Damian as Batman which was IMO badas$.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

he doesn't have o be 50. all it takes is one sentence to make him 40 and id be fine with that.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrys inexperience and him being so different from Bruce is part of Batman Beyonds whole gimmick and what makes it unique....so, no.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce has way too many books already, let others get shine. I like Terry, and he technically is a Wayne.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no i like terry being batman it is such a refreshing break from bruce in the cowl honestly i really hope for the day when bruce is no longer batman in the mainstream books i really enjoyed dick as batman and i would love to have seen where he would have gone with it the same with tim and damian batman is meant to be a symbol as in anyone can be under the mask and i think DC should show that but thats just me for now terry being batman will just have to be enough

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Agreed. That Easter egg in Batman #20 was great!

But, I'd rather have a 666 Batman title.

If it's written well I'd be shellin' out the cash.

Agreed but I wouldn't mind reading a title where Bruce uses the BB suit, in fact I'd love it.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrys inexperience and him being so different from Bruce is part of Batman Beyonds whole gimmick and what makes it unique....so, no.

Bruce has way too many books already, let others get shine. I like Terry, and he technically is a Wayne.

Nope. I like Terry far more than Bruce, and the a high tech suit didn't solve the problem of Bruce getting old and slow. Bruce gets far more than his share of attention anyway.

All of these are in line with my view.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also prefer Terry in that while he doesn't kill villains, he definitely won't go out of his way to try and save them. That, and he has never been, to my knowledge, subjected to the Batgod ailment.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

@guardiandevil83 said:

@blackwind said:

Nope. I like Terry far more than Bruce, and the a high tech suit didn't solve the problem of Bruce getting old and slow. Bruce gets far more than his share of attention anyway.

All of these are in line with my view.

You are seconded.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

"Batman in Bethlehem" was a story by Grant Morrison following future Damian Wayne (now Batman, refered to as 666 Batman by fans). It has a awesome Sci-Fi horror feel to it.

It's a great read, you should check it out.

I'd read a miniseries of the 666 Batman. The original issue was great, I love all the throwaway ideas that Morrison just put here. Damian selling his soul to the devil, the Anti-Batman, his new rogues like Flamingo, Jackanapes, Pyg, Candyman, and all the references like Oracle as Commissioner and the Alfred cat.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cooler to see Bruce direct things from the HQ. Terry adds an interesting dynamic to the series by being the basically a polar opposite of Bruce.

I would've been okay with a Robin being in the suit, but too late for that change, and the timeline wouldn't be allowed to be as far into the future as it is.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

Yeah, Grant Morrison's a guinius.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By QueenCorp15

I thought Terry was great

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't dig Terry either. I think Tim Drake would've been a better choice. Especially since he was popular at the time and was featured prominently in Batman:TAS

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sog7dc: Hmmm I did like the Easter egg of the prototype in Batman 20.. or was it 21... Anyways if there was a miniseries I'd read it. But I don't want Bruce wearing the bat suit for too long. It's be too easy for him as the suit would enhance his body making it 5 to 10 time more efficient. Terry deserves it due his lack of skill and the suit helping him with that. And isn't batman beyond a timeline where Bruce is old?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

He's Peter Parker if Peter Parker was kind of a dick.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He's not very batmany, but hey that's what keeps the show from being the generic "Batman...in the future!" that I'm sure a lot of fans would have despised anyway.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'd like to see a series about Batman slowly realizing he is too old to hold the mantle of Batman in that suit.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only watched the show, thought terry was OK. A carbon copy of bruce would be kind of watered down. Needs his own personae. But what about if if bruce started making him train? There's the suit, so it's not all physical be needs, but skills. Using the suit to it's full potential, detective work. He needs some personal badguys as well. Vendettas, threats that cut close to the soul