#1 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone else picked out the symmetry in the names Batman and Batgirl as they related to their alter egos? If you flip the W in Bruce Wayne to an M, you have the first letters for the words Bat and Man. if you Take Barbara Gordon's initials you have the first letters in the words Bat and Girl as well. 
Dick Grayson doesn't work, Neither does any of the other Robins real names, which why I believe Robin was a massive mistake and should be ignored entirely, no matter who puts on the tights. :)

#2 Edited by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my previous avatars would agree so much with you lol

#3 Posted by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Brown? Is that you?

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrCipher said:

Dick Grayson doesn't work

Don't forget that Dick is short for Richard ;)

#5 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

@MrCipher said:

Richard Head would have been a perfect name *giggle*
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Awwww, you're like a little girl when you giggle :}

#7 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:

@xerox-kitty said:

@MrCipher said:

Sooo... Assuming his name WERE Richard Head....  (No, I absolutely don't see the inuendo there... LOL!)  His initials would be R H... So, going back to the symmetry thing... Should his hero name be Robin Hood? or perhaps the Red Hood?  Oh wait, no that's taken... um?
#8 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao at Richard Head 

BB

#9 Posted by Foolkiller (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard Head! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

So does that mean we should ignore Superman, Spiderman,Hulk,Captain America, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and every incarnation of the Flash and Green Lantern(except Guy Gardner)

#11 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrCipher said:
Has anyone else picked out the symmetry in the names Batman and Batgirl as they related to their alter egos? If you flip the W in Bruce Wayne to an M, you have the first letters for the words Bat and Man. if you Take Barbara Gordon's initials you have the first letters in the words Bat and Girl as well.  Dick Grayson doesn't work, Neither does any of the other Robins real names, which why I believe Robin was a massive mistake and should be ignored entirely, no matter who puts on the tights. :)

I agree..... 

Characters should not be created unless their first and last names are the initials to their hero alter ego's....... 

No matter how cool, respected, or essential they are to a story....... 

CK? Bye bye Superman...... 

BA,WW? See you later Flash........ 

AC? I guess we can let you slide Aquaman..... Your initials are close enough....... 

JJ? Martian Manhunter, you have to go.........
#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
lol at this thead