I just saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Yes, another one of these threads.

I was a bit iffy about this movie going in. I hated Iron Man 3 (though there were a few scenes I liked) & Thor: The Dark World, and I decided that I wasn't going to waste my money a third time by going opening night. So, I waited a little bit and decided to ask around about the film. I ended up going to see it tonight, and my thoughts the entire time before the film began was "please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck." And luckily, it didn't suck.

The film was really good and definitely makes my Top 5 comic movies list, possibly Top 3. Winter Soldier was handled extremely well (although the reveal of him being Bucky lost all impact since I knew this going in), Falcon was surprisingly cool, Nick Fury was great, and so was Cap. The fight scenes were great, and the film never really lost my interest once it captured it. There are a few jokes in it, but they didn't go overboard on it, so I was fine.

My biggest problems with this film were the following:

1) How does Scarlett Johansson keep getting work? She's a terrible actress and isn't attractive. Can we please recast Widow in Avengers: AoU? Please? You did it for Bruce Banner, you can do it for Widow.

2) I didn't care for the very beginning of this film. I don't know what it was, but there was just something about it I didn't like. I also didn't care for the scene with Steve & Peggy. There was just something about it that was awkward.

Other than that though, I had no real complaints.

Also, the Credits Scene was really interesting. Seeing Loki's staff was cool, and I'm interested to see what happens with Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch. Is there a post-credits scene? After this one aired, everyone I was with decided to go outside and wait, so I did too without waiting to see if there is one. If there is, is it on Youtube yet?

I'll have a full review up within the next few days, this is just my first impressions. What'd you think of the film?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, another one of these threads.

I was a bit iffy about this movie going in. I hated Iron Man 3 (though there were a few scenes I liked) & Thor: The Dark World, and I decided that I wasn't going to waste my money a third time by going opening night. So, I waited a little bit and decided to ask around about the film. I ended up going to see it tonight, and my thoughts the entire time before the film began was "please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck." And luckily, it didn't suck.

The film was really good and definitely makes my Top 5 comic movies list, possibly Top 3. Winter Soldier was handled extremely well (although the reveal of him being Bucky lost all impact since I knew this going in), Falcon was surprisingly cool, Nick Fury was great, and so was Cap. The fight scenes were great, and the film never really lost my interest once it captured it. There are a few jokes in it, but they didn't go overboard on it, so I was fine.

My biggest problems with this film were the following:

1) How does Scarlett Johansson keep getting work? She's a terrible actress and isn't attractive. Can we please recast Widow in Avengers: AoU? Please? You did it for Bruce Banner, you can do it for Widow.

2) I didn't care for the very beginning of this film. I don't know what it was, but there was just something about it I didn't like. I also didn't care for the scene with Steve & Peggy. There was just something about it that was awkward.

Other than that though, I had no real complaints.

Also, the Credits Scene was really interesting. Seeing Loki's staff was cool, and I'm interested to see what happens with Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch. Is there a post-credits scene? After this one aired, everyone I was with decided to go outside and wait, so I did too without waiting to see if there is one. If there is, is it on Youtube yet?

I'll have a full review up within the next few days, this is just my first impressions. What'd you think of the film?

1. I agree scarlet isn't the best actor but she Is pretty hot man. I guess you just don't have a thing for red heads. lol

2. Bucky going to the captain America museum and seeing his monument was the post credit scene. I haven't seen it on youtube yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: sometimes her face just looks a little off to me.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Personally I've never had an issue with Scarlett Johansson's acting. Though I've only seen her play Black Widow, but I really like her as Black Widow, I think she fits well in the role.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I don't understand is how Bucky is supposed to be a secret but goes out and does missions in the public in the middle of the street

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I agree scarlet isn't the best actor but she Is pretty hot man. I guess you just don't have a thing for red heads. lol

2. Bucky going to the captain America museum and seeing his monument was the post credit scene. I haven't seen it on youtube yet.

1. No, it's not that she's a read head. I've seen many of them who are hot, and I also don't think she looks attractive with other hair colors (I've only seen her with red or blonde hair, but I don't think brown would make a difference).

2. Is it worth trying to find, or is it as boring as it sounds?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loved it.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By those_eyes

@jayc1324 said:

One thing I don't understand is how Bucky is supposed to be a secret but goes out and does missions in the public in the middle of the street

I think its meant his identity is a secret.

@those_eyes said:

1. No, it's not that she's a read head. I've seen many of them who are hot, and I also don't think she looks attractive with other hair colors (I've only seen her with red or blonde hair, but I don't think brown would make a difference).

1. Then what is it about her? Is her face just unnatractive to you?

No Caption Provided

Whats wrong with that face?

2. Its a short clip. Its not really boring but not as cool or important as the clip with quicksilver and scarlett witch. All buck does is walk in the museum while wearing a hoodie and walk up to his monument and then the camera zooms to his face and you see his facial expression and that's it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My opinions....

• Loved the movie, thought it was the best Marvel film to date.
  • ScarJo is the perfect woman and her acting was splendid.
  • It probably looked awkward because they did a HORRIBLE job making the actor look like old Peggy.
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon said:

1. Then what is it about her? Is her face just unnatractive to you?

No Caption Provided

Whats wrong with that face?

2. Its a short clip. Its not really boring but not as cool or important as the clip with quicksilver and scarlett witch. All buck does is walk in the museum while wearing a hoodie and walk up to his monument and then the camera zooms to his face and you see his facial expression and that's it.

1. It's really hard to explain what it is about her. There's nothing wrong with her face; I just don't find it attractive at all (although I do admit that she has pretty eyes).

2. Okay, thanks. I'll probably just wait for the DVD and watch it then.