I just got back from seeing Ant-Man.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

it was good :|

RIP Antony

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sprior93 said:

it was good :|

RIP Antony

Saddest part of the movie :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: true

Also, the baby lamb that was used as a test subject........that scene had me like:

No Caption Provided
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The baby lamb scene ticked me off. I mean, really? This guy doesn't care what sort of animal he kills, fine. But you're telling me that he spent MORE money for no reason? Rats are smaller, less expensive, and eat less. All around more economical to do testing on. So WHY would he use a baby sheep?

Simple. To make the audience hate him. We're suppose to think he's a bad person because he'd rather murder one kind of animal than another. He was right to say "What's the difference?" Why was that sheep more valuable than a rat would be? It's certainly not a matter of the sheep being a more intelligent animal and thus closer to us in intellect given how smart rats are.

But no. We're suppose to immediately go "awww!" to the sheep and "Gross!" to the rat, right? For... Reasons? We're suppose to be sad the sheep died rather than a rat because we're emotionally more attached to this sheep we've never even met? NO SIR. It's cheap emotional manipulation that the movie used because it couldn't find a way to make the villain seem evil enough to warrant our ire. Which is odd because I felt the senseless murder he committed earlier was sufficient to make me aware he was a bad guy. And it was pretty senseless. The guy had some reservations about the villain's plan, so he KILLS him? In a public place? Won't there be questions? Couldn't you have just... I don't know, used some of your villain charisma to smooth things out? Or try threats first? No? Just gonna go RIGHT to the killing? Okay.

And the woman's reaction to the sheep. She acted like it was the worst thing she'd ever seen in her life. It wasn't that violent. It wasn't violent at all, really. Are you only having this reaction because it was a baby sheep? The way the scene plays out implies she would've been fine if they a had only murdered an innocent rat for the same reason, but because it was a SHEEP suddenly it's a freaking war crime that makes this villain dangerous and unnecessarily cruel!

Screw you, movie. Stop trying to manipulate my emotions with a morally subjective scene and acting like it was an act of unrepentant evil.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: People usually have more empathy for innocent animals than they do for humans(rightfully so). A cheap and effective -- albeit unnecessary -- way to generate hatred for the villain.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@metaljimmor: thats certainly one way to look at it. I thought he was just getting over ambitious and using a bigger subject. I'm perfectly fine with domesticated rats or lab rats.its the wild ones that I can't stand.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonez_

Lamb tastes absolutely delicious.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@jonez120 said:

Too right, I'm eating it right now. :P

^_^ Baa!

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

^_^ Baa!

My day isn't complete until I've killed at least one lamb.

I have problems

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@black_wreath said:
@jonez120 said:

^_^ Baa!

I have problems

But I thought you loooved me... Looooooved me..
But I thought you loooved me... Looooooved me..

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The baby lamb scene ticked me off. I mean, really? This guy doesn't care what sort of animal he kills, fine. But you're telling me that he spent MORE money for no reason? Rats are smaller, less expensive, and eat less. All around more economical to do testing on. So WHY would he use a baby sheep?

Simple. To make the audience hate him. We're suppose to think he's a bad person because he'd rather murder one kind of animal than another. He was right to say "What's the difference?" Why was that sheep more valuable than a rat would be? It's certainly not a matter of the sheep being a more intelligent animal and thus closer to us in intellect given how smart rats are.

But no. We're suppose to immediately go "awww!" to the sheep and "Gross!" to the rat, right? For... Reasons? We're suppose to be sad the sheep died rather than a rat because we're emotionally more attached to this sheep we've never even met? NO SIR. It's cheap emotional manipulation that the movie used because it couldn't find a way to make the villain seem evil enough to warrant our ire. Which is odd because I felt the senseless murder he committed earlier was sufficient to make me aware he was a bad guy. And it was pretty senseless. The guy had some reservations about the villain's plan, so he KILLS him? In a public place? Won't there be questions? Couldn't you have just... I don't know, used some of your villain charisma to smooth things out? Or try threats first? No? Just gonna go RIGHT to the killing? Okay.

And the woman's reaction to the sheep. She acted like it was the worst thing she'd ever seen in her life. It wasn't that violent. It wasn't violent at all, really. Are you only having this reaction because it was a baby sheep? The way the scene plays out implies she would've been fine if they a had only murdered an innocent rat for the same reason, but because it was a SHEEP suddenly it's a freaking war crime that makes this villain dangerous and unnecessarily cruel!

Screw you, movie. Stop trying to manipulate my emotions with a morally subjective scene and acting like it was an act of unrepentant evil.

Bravo

That scene immediately caught my attention for those very same reasons.

I still thought Ant-Man was decent though....for an average MCU movie a least....

And

@sprior93 said:

@metaljimmor: People usually have more empathy for innocent animals than they do for humans(rightfully so). A cheap and effective -- albeit unnecessary -- way to generate hatred for the villain.

For shame

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

I hate when I miss important parts in movies like Antony's death. Don't even remember seeing that.

But seriously good to see you enjoyed the movie, OP. It really surpassed the hype.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ryokuma100

I was sitting in the movie. When Antony died, I forgot it was actually Antony until he said he would avenge him.

Antony > all other Avengers combined

He needs a comic now

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked how they plugged in some of the tech from Agent Carter, wonder if we are gonna get Hank Antman in Agent Carter

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By darkdetective27

@theamazingspidey: There was hype? I thought people were cautiously optimistic about it before they saw it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@darkdetective27: Certainly people like myself were hyped. A lot of others were pretty flipping negative.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: There was hype? I thought people were cautiously optimistic about it before they saw it.

I never said it was very hyped. It really wasn't. It surpassed whatever hype there was. Which was little. Don't you just love it when obscure, unexciting movies like that become glorious?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I loved Antman. I was kinda dissappointed how they never turned Cassie into a giant or showed shrunken characters next to her to make her look like a giant.

I liked how they plugged in some of the tech from Agent Carter, wonder if we are gonna get Hank Antman in Agent Carter

The actor might be a little too expensive...

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Antony. One of my favorite CBMs, went in hope no it'd be good and walked out glad I went to see it.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@m_man said:
@black_wreath said:
@jonez120 said:

^_^ Baa!

I have problems

Gyro's for everyone.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@black_wreath said:
@jonez120 said:

^_^ Baa!

I have problems

Gyro's for everyone.

Ah great! Now I crave gyros and the kebab shop just closed for the night. >.<

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darkdetective27

@theamazingspidey: Im actually looking forward to the new Fantastic Four. I think it could be really good. Too bad I dont watch movies in theaters.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Im actually looking forward to the new Fantastic Four. I think it could be really good. Too bad I dont watch movies in theaters.

That's a shame :( I hope you get around to seeing it soon if it's good.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkdetective27

@theamazingspidey: Me too. I mean the issues most people have with it is that the cast is too young, Johnny is black, its too serious, and if this succeeds Marvel cant get the rights back to a lot of the characters like Dr. Doom and Kang the Conquerer right. I dont have a problem with any of that stuff. Im just hoping its good.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Me too. I mean the issues most people have with it is that the cast is too young, Johnny is black, its too serious, and if this succeeds Marvel cant get the rights back to a lot of the characters like Dr. Doom and Kang the Conquerer right. I dont have a problem with any of that stuff. Im just hoping its good.

The cast is too young? Miles Teller is 28, Kate Mara is 32, Michael B. Jordan is 28, and Jamie Bell is 29. It's not like they're casting ten year olds. They already sad it's based off of ultimate. If they have problems with it being too serious, then those people need to stop complaining about the MCU movies being goofy and need to wait and see. The Dark Knight robbed the Batman universe of the quirk that makes him very special. I think it'll be very, very good.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Ive mainly only seen the MCU fans complaining about this movie because they want to get the rights back. These are also the people complaining that DC is too dark so of course they have an issue with this. I dont get the complaints about them being too young but I know some who called them the Fantastic Four Babies. I guess they just look young.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Ive mainly only seen the MCU fans complaining about this movie because they want to get the rights back. These are also the people complaining that DC is too dark so of course they have an issue with this. I dont get the complaints about them being too young but I know some who called them the Fantastic Four Babies. I guess they just look young.

Yes admittedly the cast does look more than a bit young in comparison to the mainstream counterparts of their characters, let's not forget that actors like Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan have far more matured as actors. I honestly am totally fine with the rights staying with FOX. You know, sometimes I'm just trying to name comic book movies in my head and I realise that 90% of them are MCU, it's getting exhausting.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I know this may sound rude but Im just tired of the MCU and its fans. I mean I want to see what Fox and DC are up too. I like their approach and the characters they have. I dont want every superhero movie to be just like the ones MCU makes.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I know this may sound rude but Im just tired of the MCU and its fans. I mean I want to see what Fox and DC are up too. I like their approach and the characters they have. I dont want every superhero movie to be just like the ones MCU makes.

I see where you're coming from. I find the MCU movies entertaining and I love a lot of their movies but I'd love for more variety in the comic book movie genre. I also HATE the sound of their approach to Spidey.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I know I really like the different approaches to the characters.

I also think their approach to Spider Man sounds wierd and I seriously am doubting their choice in the Vacation writers.

I enjoy several of their movies and my least favorite three would be Iron Man 2, Thor 2, and The Avengers. I know alot of people loved that movie and I was really disapointed by it. I was expecting since the previous movies ended on cliffhangers that they would be big parts of the Avengers like Captain America dealing with him being in a new time and Thor trying to get back to Earth. I also didnt really understand Loki's goal or how he got control of the Chitari. Shouldnt his main focus to be to get back at Thor and probably get Jane Foster so he could take his revenge. I know Shield hid her away but he's Loki surely he could get to her. I dont know it was just kind of dissapointing. Ive kind of gone off topic.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: I felt happy hearing that Spider-Man was going to be brought into the MCU, then every single piece of information has made me less and less excited for the movie AND the character. I hate... I just hate the fact it's going to be set in high school, I hate the look of Tom Holland, and I hate that his introduction movie is Civil War. I hope that I'm proven wrong and that I like their spider-man. I'd just love that so, so much.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I know I dont think Ive heard one piece of information about it that has made excited about it.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By black_wreath

@darkdetective27: I felt happy hearing that Spider-Man was going to be brought into the MCU, then every single piece of information has made me less and less excited for the movie AND the character. I hate... I just hate the fact it's going to be set in high school, I hate the look of Tom Holland, and I hate that his introduction movie is Civil War. I hope that I'm proven wrong and that I like their spider-man. I'd just love that so, so much.

Ditching Andrew Garfield seems less and less wise.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

I couldn't work out why they washed the lambs white as snow.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sheep was the lamest cheapest way to show that that bald f**k was supposed to be a bad guy.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sheep was the lamest cheapest way to show that that bald f**k was supposed to be a bad guy.

so did you think it was baaaa-d?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: It was more cheeky than funny. I only laughed at the parts with Michael Pena.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

we all did