#1 Posted by Anjales (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello there I haven't visited this site for what feels like ages and I have had zero contact with anything related to comic books, I even missed the Avengers! (very ashamed...) but I'm planning on watching the Amazing Spider-Man in a few days.

So here I am considering getting back to the Comic book World but I have no idea where to start. The last issue I read was Detective Comics #881, yeah that long ago, so I have obviously missed a lot Flashpoint, the new 52, Fear Itself, Spider-Island etc...

So if I were to start reading comics again,what issue should I pick up? what is worth reading these days? Before my hiatus I used to read ASM, Detective Comics, Batman, the Incredible Hulk, Captain America and occasionally FF.

Help is appreciated!

#2 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear Itself and Avengers vs. X-Men :)

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

Go watch the Avengers ASAP. Buy batman by Scott Snyder. these are the most important.

#4 Edited by Anjales (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: @Remi: Alrighty thanks for the help! I just want to ask what about ASM? Is is currently good? I last read it just before Spider-Island began and I was enjoying a lot of things in it.

#5 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashpoint and Blackest Night (and the pre-ludes) are all fantastic and will pretty much bring you up to date with whats happening in the DC universe.

The New 52 is still in it's infancy and Marvel are also rebooting with Marvel Now, very soon. So this is a good time to be jumping back into comics.

Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man and TDKR have all been great films, especially Avengers :) make sure you don't miss Man of Steel next year either, it looks awesome!

#6 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder's Batman is very good and also The Flash has been good.

#7 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel:

• Amazing Spiderman
  • Daredevil
  • Hawkeye
  • Captain America
  • Fantastic Four
  • Winter Soldier
  • FF (if you have extra $)

DC:

• Batman
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
  • Flash
  • Wonder Woman
  • Animal Man
  • Batman and Robin
  • Earth 2
  • Nightwing
  • Action Comics (If you have extra $)
  • Justice League (If you have extra $)
  • Swamp Thing (Haven't read an issue personally, but heard it was good if you have extra $)