• 122 results
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate and welcome to ComicVine! I can see where you are coming from with your basis but I would highly advice you to continually research in the character as I'm sure you could see proof of where such claims aren't always true! Sure, Superman comes off as "the all-powerful superhero", but there are several characters just as strong. Most of his rogues gallery is just as powerful as him, if not more powerful and it allows the writers to push Superman in a fashion we have never seen before.

There are also very humanistic elements to the character that connects readers to him on a completely different level. There is a wide variety to the character behind the simplistic physicality! It's one of the attracting factors behind the character, that behind the invulnerable skin, the super strength and the ten different types of vision, he's essentially just like you and me. It's hard to make him relatable but that simple fact makes it that you can connect with what he feels, how he operates and deals with world-ending situations or how he handles a heart-felt talk with a girl who's drive to live on wears thin. There's incredible depth to Clark Kent and Superman, it just takes some digging to find it!

He's not as perfect as some make him out to be and to work past that exterior is a fantastic experience, to see what makes the character tick! A lot of stories truly represent that basis such as All Star Superman, Birthright, What's so Funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way?, Superman: For All Seasons, Secret Origin, and loads more!

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All you did was spew some recent and well known feats and say Superman sucks because he defeats a C (B if you're generous) List - Villain with ease even though the likes of Green Arrow can beat that chump.

You barely proved anything of worth, you're probably gonna discount me as a SuperSympathizer, but screw it, what makes you feel that your blog is different from the ramblings of other Superman haters and trolls out there?

Heck, I can summarize your whole blog into one sentence:

BLAH! BLAH! SUPERMAN'S TOO STRONG! BLAH! BLAH! HE SUCKS AQUABALLS!

@entropy_aegis Pretty sure Mongul's a GL Villain now, that's your explanation, and Darkseid was last seen facing off the JL, don't think that qualifies as a jobber, and I'm pretty sure that's one of the few ways to beat Henshaw (Well, 30/70, I'm not much of a fan of him, nor that knowledgeable)

Anyway Superman just faced H'el a stronger more trained Kryptonian than him, and I think he fought Helspont in the earlier issues.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That's simply your opinion. But thank you for sharing.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@deranged_midget:

Would you mind locking this, please?

Nothing against the guy that posted it. He was obviously just ignorant as to who Superman really is.

But, we already have so many of these types of threads and I think all it's going to do is just spawn more hateful responses toward the OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The whole "Superman is too powerful, you can't hurt him, he's invincible, nobody can give him a challenge" thing pisses me off. Superman doesn't fight common bank robbers, he fights alien warlords (Mongul), gods (Darkseid), galactic bounty hunters (Lobo), magic imps that dwarf him in power (Mxyzptlk.)

JoeChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JoeChill

I just love how all Batman fans are lumped together in the same category,not to mention that there is absolutely no evidence that this guy is a Batman fanboy.

While I do not believe that Superman is overpowered there is absolutely no denying that his writers tend to treat the villains in a deplorable manner.

People keep throwing around names like Darkseid and Mongul,O'rly? when was the last time Mongul was a threat in a Superman book? they turned him in to a big time loser,thanks to Superman Darkseid is known as jobberseid,Cyborg Superman? the last time he and Superman were in the same room it ended with Kal pulling some BS out Henshaws chest forcing him to shutdown.Bizarro,Metallo and Parasite are about as much threat to Superman as Zsasz,Firefly and Croc are to Batman,they're B-listers at best.Black Adam is not even a Superman villain nor have they ever fought properly.Brainiac and Zod have a dozen different versions put together in ONE continuity.

Finally Injustice may well be non canon but what was the point of "OMG INVASION" if Superman was gonna clobber all of them effortlessly,Kalibak is a big time jobber as it is so what do we do? we make him JOB EVEN WORSE.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else wanna know why he doesn't like the promotion of "alien love" lol, i wanna hear about that.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JulieDC

Hmm...Makes me glad when I felt this way about Superman, I decided to give him a try and found that I like him more than Batman.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude... gtfo before you get hurt... you are basically baiting all the supes fans to come and shred you to pieces. If you don't like the character, don't make a whole thread about.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If you had never had superman, you probably wouldn't have had the other super powered beings, or not for a while. He is the Alpha, the Neo of comic book heroes and for that I doff my cap. Anyway, life is too short to hate comic book characters....real life people who bring misery to millions maybe, but not comic book characters

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh a whiny dude on the internet doesn't like Superman, I guess we Superman fans will just have to console ourselves with the fact that he's the most famous Super hero on Earth and made such an impact that the named the entire Super hero genre after him.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I clicked on this just to see all the Supe craybabies.

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NovaRichRider
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has this guy even responded to all these comments yet? He's just a troll, don't bump it and this thread will be lost into oblivion.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson: I got no reason to cry, all things have groups of people who hate them after a certain level of success so I embrace the haters since the sheer number of them means Superman is one of the most successful characters of all time since despite the millions of Superman haters he's still one of the most money making Super heroes on Earth.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 the_stegman  Moderator

Same sh*tty complaints, different day.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Yup, and the haters still always think they're unique. Its sad really.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LimpoyzLoan

@theboywonder said:

So here we are back to the age old debate (Or is it?) Is Superman the hero of our dreams or our worst nightmare? Is our spandex suited, caped crusader all that he's put out to be or does our fake alien friend flop?

That's the question that I'm here to answer and here's a SPOILER: Superman sucks, a lot, in fact he sucks more than Aquaman. But I guess that answer won't do it for some of you Superman Sympathizers so I'll elaborate a bit.

Well, THAT doesn't sound like forcing your opinion on anyone at all.

Please, make a valid argument instead of pulling the same, "OMG SUPERMAN'S SO POWAHFUL DURPY DERP."

If that were the case, I guess Bruce Lee sucks for being peak human and doing feats that outclass the average human. Same goes for Batman.

Superman sucks, a lot, in fact he sucks more than Aquaman.

I know this is supposed to be a subjective opinion, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, as it is plainly clear you have never read an Aquaman comic in your life.

I await with bated breath for your next, "Batman can beat anyone with prep" thread.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know there's a thing called freedom of speech and there's nothing wrong with disliking Superman but this is obvious baiting and should've been locked a long time ago.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdirector786: Aquaman is kinda lame bro, it's just comparing Supes to Aquaman is really silly.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4: Actually Aquaman is no where near as lame as people say he's just still getting a bad rap from a cartoon from the 70s. He can do a lot more than just talk to fish, he's near class 100 strength, he can swim faster than a speed boat, and he's a mid level telepath. Also he doesn't need to be in water to be effective he just has to keep hydrated, which is something pretty much all biological organisms have to do, sure if he hung out in the desert with no water for a few days he'd die but so would Batman and no one calls him useless.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By Wolverine008

@joshmightbe:

Quoted for the truth. Aquaman is a boss, especially his New 52 version.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I never understood how people can forgive Rainbow Batman and invisible jets but the can't get over Aquaman looking stupid in a crappy low budget cartoon from 40 years ago.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Brave and The Bold didn't help either. But Injustice helped a little.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: At least Brave and the Bold made him entertaining, I could barely stand any of the Super Friends when I was 5 I can't even watch the show now.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I also hated the way BATB presented Superman. Can they make any Batman or Superman cartoon that when they meet of first show up in the show doesn't revolve around Batman trying to take down Supes? Well...stalling is more like it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I never like it when Batman is hailed as a bad ass for taking Superman down with kryptonite, that would be like if I poisoned the heavy weight champion of the world and then claimed the title after he fell over.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped reading at "He sucks even more than Aquaman" because my ignorance meter exploded into millions of tiny shards.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@ccraft: That's just like saying you want Batman to gain powers so he could be challenged.

That's not what I meant, what I meant by that was if he was de-powered he would have more challenges, which is why I find his first year so interesting because he has trouble with the military. BUT I don't want him de-powered. Btw how did you get that from my comment? really lol..

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SandMan_
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By 2chimcha3

I used to hate Superman before I read comics. Now I think he's awesome; he's a true hero to look up to.

Btw, why did you make this thread only on Superman. There are many characters just as strong as him in comics.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate you.

That is all.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By cameron83
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4: Exactly what is lame about Aquaman. Anything other than the Superfriends version is commendable. People tend look at one bad thing, then let it define the character and ignore the loads of good.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Not always true, most people completely ignore the nearly 2 solid decades of utter stupidity that was Silver Age Batman, with his rainbow suits, anti everything sprays and a utility belt that could hold an entire U-haul worth of items around Batman's waste.

Avatar image for thecitizenxviii
TheCitizenXVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't hate me- I kinda agree with the OP. Not that Superman doesn't have foes that make an interesting fight, he's got LOTS of those. But for those foes to make the fight interesting, they have to be on his level. When they're on his level, they quickly become completely out of anyone else's level. Then you've gotta power boost everyone else so they can make a dent on Darkseid, Mongul, Doomsday, et al. Classic escalation. I'm saying that because of Supes, too many DC characters are just too strong. Don't get me wrong, I'll read an S-man book, watch a show or movie of his, or play a game with the guy. He's the first superhero, for crying out loud. I just think DC has let their characters power levels get waaaayyyyy too high, and it all started with him. If I were writing for DC, which I'm obviously not, I'd bring everybody at the top down. Supes would still be top dog, but maybe not so untouchable.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I hate Superman too, but he's a necessary evil. If we didn't have him, we wouldn't have great characters like Doomsday, Lex Luthor and yes, even Lois Lane.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Not to mention Ambiguously Gay Duo. Yeah, people love to ignore that. If people who herald Batman today saw SA Batman, they'd think he was a different character.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure stupidity.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#94  Edited By SOG7dc
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Silver Surfer is awesome.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Everyone has their opinions. It's comics there is no logic to it. I don't hate Supe's per se but I just don't like him that much too. I find him from time-to-time overrated mostly because DC keeps on over powering him. I mean yeah he has enemies at his level. But, he's just boring for me. Don't get me wrong it's just my opinion and no offense to the fans.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: i believe that he should be depowered also it would make him more interesting

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I never understood how people don't find Superman's powers interesting, are people's imaginations really so dull now days that they can't be interested in a character that isn't realistic at all? If so I'm sad for people now.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I never understood how people don't find Superman's powers interesting, are people's imaginations really so dull now days that they can't be interested in a character that isn't realistic at all? If so I'm sad for people now.

Silver Surfer, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Dr. Manhattan, ect. The list goes on. There are characters that are way more powerful than Superman.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100th spot and why is this thread still open?