Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this has probably been done before

but this

to this

we went from this.

and now we have. This

Granted that the new Avengers series has far more intelligence and far less fart jokes.

Does anyone get the feeling that all these cartoons are basicly trading in good graphics to sacrifice good story and cool fights?

We didn't need this to promote the Avengers movies, we had Earths Mightiest Heroes, and it was very popular. It was made by the same guy who created the Young Justice series.

Plus they had an established universe that kids and adults alike could get into. Cool Superheroes everywhere, they had even introduced other heroes that aren't usually featured. Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Mrs Marvel, Black Panther, Wasp.

Now we have Iron Man directly quoting lines from the movie and the script of the show regurgitating gags from the Avengers movie.

I saw Hulk "punch away" Thor and finger-flip Hawkeye twice in a row. Not only that, but they're making Iron Man the leader because Robert Downey Jr is "the most popular Avenger". Ho hum.

This isn't right man.

I watch shows like X Men Evolution, hell...Wolverine and the X Men was pretty good... Spectactular Spiderman, and Avengers EMH with my 12 year old and 7 year old little brothers, and I can actually enjoy it WITH them.

But even THEY are disgusted by Ultimate Spiderman by comparison, thought they watch the new Avengers show, since it is still decently cool. Is this the bad that Disney brings us?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love Marvel more than DC and always will, but Marvel is incompetent with their cartoons. They constantly cancel great toons to replace them with more MCU like universes. It is annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Marvel cartoons are considered disposable since the MCU is doing so well.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JulieDC

Well DC isn't innocent either. Young Justice was canceled for Teen Titans Go. More than likely canceled because there would be several similar characters between the shows that would "confuse" kids...doesnt matter that the shows are aimed at different age groups. Sadly this seems to be par for course for cartoons these days. I think the people in charge greatly underestimate the intelligence of their target demographic.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

Well DC isn't innocent either. Young Justice was canceled for Teen Titans Go. More than likely canceled because there would be several similar characters between the shows that would "confuse" kids...doesnt matter that the shows are aimed at different age groups. Sadly this seems to be par for course for cartoons these days. I think the people in charge greatly underestimate the intelligence of their target demographic.

Nope. It and GLTAS were canceled because of low toy sales.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

Nope. It and GLTAS were canceled because of low toy sales.

While the above one are cancelled through stupid decisions, seriously, you cancel Avengers EMH for Avengers Assemble? They didn't even give a concrete enough reason for it.

Also Teen Titans Go is actually funny (Well, mostly hit and miss), while Ultimate Spider-Man is just plain stupid, I don't even like this Spider-Man's voice I want Josh Keaton back!

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fun fact I learned from Netflix, peter parker in "ultimate spider man" is voiced by drake bell, from drake and josh

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The cartoons out now are aimed for children, but they also have good enough animation for cartoon lovers to enjoy, and they're also pushing foward characters that are lesser known to the mainstream audience such as Nova, so kids can get into the character and start to apperciate him a bit more. Just like other characters they are showing on their cartoons.

If anything, Marvel is doing a great job. Here's a lesser known character, put it on the kid's show so kids can get into the character, kids want to know more about the character, Marvel releases more merch and comics about said character, character starts to spread so parents may get curious about said character, character rises up in popularity. Marvel is pretty good with that.

Not saying DC isn't, but honestly Green Lantern was the first show I've seen with DC that tries to help push other lanterns that aren't as well known. Same with Young Justice. Sadly, it's seem as though Cartoon Network doesn't keep shows for the long run. The low toy sales is most likely because the toys were extremely limited to find in the first place.

Honestly, Marvel/Disney is doing a great job at trying to get minor characters more pushed to the younger audience, and the mainstream audience. Which I'm fully in support of. And, it somewhat works. Good job to Marvel. I still say good job to DC, because they did try with Young Justice and Green Lantern. Teen Titans ever does a relatively good job at pushing a team that isn't THAT familar to the mainstream audience, and getting those characters hopefully more well known.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The spectacular spider-man and earths mightiest heroes were both one of my favourite cartoons ever. Ultimate spider-man has the sh*ttiest humor EVER and avengers assemble is unoriginal. I completely agree that that disney is trying to swap absolutely great shows with boring MCU universes. The movies are great but the shows have gone straight downhill.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

I never watched Spectacular Spider-Man, sure Ultimate is a bit crude, it's still fairly entertaining.

I really miss Avengers EMH :(

Here's hoping Hulk is good!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

I want a cartoon with a more mature approach featuring Daredevil. The problem with Disney is that since they made so much money out of The Avengers that they think they can do it again and with the same puns and still be liked.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also get the feeling they're trying to make it more like the Marvel movieverse rather than the actual universe.

Also, Spectacular Spider Man was one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. Ultimate Spider Man is like a child-like Deadpool comic, and it doesn't work well.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

I also get the feeling they're trying to make it more like the Marvel movieverse rather than the actual universe.

Also, Spectacular Spider Man was one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. Ultimate Spider Man is like a child-like Deadpool comic, and it doesn't work well.

There is no "trying" about it, they ARE making it the MCU, why else would they have the EXACT same roster for Avengers that the film had? And adding Falcon because rumor has it he's gonna be in Avengers 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Coulson shows up in future episodes.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By trebean

The cartoons out now are aimed for children, but they also have good enough animation for cartoon lovers to enjoy, and they're also pushing foward characters that are lesser known to the mainstream audience such as Nova, so kids can get into the character and start to apperciate him a bit more. Just like other characters they are showing on their cartoons.

If anything, Marvel is doing a great job. Here's a lesser known character, put it on the kid's show so kids can get into the character, kids want to know more about the character, Marvel releases more merch and comics about said character, character starts to spread so parents may get curious about said character, character rises up in popularity. Marvel is pretty good with that.

Not saying DC isn't, but honestly Green Lantern was the first show I've seen with DC that tries to help push other lanterns that aren't as well known. Same with Young Justice. Sadly, it's seem as though Cartoon Network doesn't keep shows for the long run. The low toy sales is most likely because the toys were extremely limited to find in the first place.

Honestly, Marvel/Disney is doing a great job at trying to get minor characters more pushed to the younger audience, and the mainstream audience. Which I'm fully in support of. And, it somewhat works. Good job to Marvel. I still say good job to DC, because they did try with Young Justice and Green Lantern. Teen Titans ever does a relatively good job at pushing a team that isn't THAT familar to the mainstream audience, and getting those characters hopefully more well known.

Wut?

I'm pretty sure Beware The Batman will focus more on the lesser known villains, and Teen Titans Go is chockful of easter eggs and cameos (Wonder Twins episode anyone?)

And I'm pretty sure other than that poor choice of sidekicks for Spider-Man (Seriously? Luke Cage? Iron Fist? White Tiger? Nova is probably the only excusable one since he's an actual teenager, those three where stripped down to stupider kid friendly versions of themselves.) Ultimate Spider-Man has pretty much none (Of course with the exception of the ever-changing villain of the week) Also Merchandises don't work that way, I'm sure it's the other way around.

Avengers Assemble is practically the complete opposite of what you said, it ditched a large worldly cast of characters for a more familiar and smaller one, don't get me wrong I love the MCU but if the MCU starts invading the franchise (Seriously? Nick Fury J.R.?)

That's where I draw the line.

Disagree about the toys too, but it's probably only in my most frequented mall that they has large stocks of those merchs.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I...like...Avengers Assemble

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I hate ultimate Spider-man

I hate Avengers Assemble

I hate Hulk agents of S.M.A.S.H (even though it isn't out yet)

If Disney tries to ruin another Marvel franchise (x-men) I will die.

I MISS AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES!!!!!!!!!!

How do you hate something you haven't seen yet? I can understand being skeptical about the prospect but hating something before you have even seen it is kind of silly.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By comicace3

I really thought Disney tried to screw with us because avengers : EMH second season was by far the best! Close to YJ. And then they leave us with a cliffhanger that I was dying to find out how it ended. Disney the troll everybody...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the problem is Jeph Loeb....for some reason he believes that you can't have cartoons that appeal to both adults and children at the same time...for him it has to be one or the other....despite evidence to the contrary like JLU, BtAS, StAS, Spectacular Spider-man, and A:EMH

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@juliedc said:

Young Justice was NOT canceled for Teen Titans Go. it was canceled due to low merchandise sales. TTG was originally supposed to air ALONGSIDE YJ and GLTAS

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tigerkaya

Simple, Jeph Loeb, he's the cause in the downhill quality of cartoons from marvel. The man needs to either gets his mind in order or gtfo out of Marvel Animation Production and go back to writing terrible comics.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

At least Disney is bringing Mickey back to his former glory

Loading Video...

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup! Most are terrible

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess their not targeting teens nor adults. It's Disney the target are children not adults I guess. The kids buy more toys and are not that hard to please.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well I guess their not targeting teens nor adults. It's Disney the target are children not adults I guess. The kids buy more toys and are not that hard to please.

This is true and if comics fans were honest we'd admit that we've never given anyone any evidence that we can be pleased at all.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord said:

This is true and if comics fans were honest we'd admit that we've never given anyone any evidence that we can be pleased at all.

But we CAN be pleased, and we WERE pleased. The Avengers EMH had Excellent Ratings, from both Kids, Teens and Adults. Everyone enjoyed it. A Father should be ABLE to actually enjoy a show with his little kid and then geek out about it. But now a Father TOLERATES these shows because his little kid likes them. :P

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@runawayavenger said:

I hate ultimate Spider-man

I hate Avengers Assemble

I hate Hulk agents of S.M.A.S.H (even though it isn't out yet)

If Disney tries to ruin another Marvel franchise (x-men) I will die.

I MISS AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES!!!!!!!!!!

How do you hate something you haven't seen yet? I can understand being skeptical about the prospect but hating something before you have even seen it is kind of silly.

He hates it because he fears what I fear.....

Hulk fart jokes all over the place.

camera_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Neither Marvel nor DC is interested in making quality on-going superhero cartoons anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

90s and early 200s cartoons were the best.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: YJ might be back....I mean they do not just introduce Darkseid to leave a cliff hanger like that.

RainbowBOMBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither Marvel nor DC is interested in making quality on-going superhero cartoons anymore.

I agree. There are occasionally some people who make quality cartoons and care about keeping the characters true to the comics, but stations are all about making money. Kids these days have gotten stupider, and many don't read the comics. They just see the movies, and expect the characters to mimic the movies. TV stations try to market to the kids of this generation, while leaving the generation who actually read comics out.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

I agree. There are occasionally some people who make quality cartoons and care about keeping the characters true to the comics, but stations are all about making money. Kids these days have gotten stupider, and many don't read the comics. They just see the movies, and expect the characters to mimic the movies. TV stations try to market to the kids of this generation, while leaving the generation who actually read comics out.

QFT

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Avengers Assemble is actually pretty good IMO. It's no Spectacular Spider-Man, or Batman TAS or Spawn, but it's a pretty good show that really kept me entertained. As for Ultimate Spider-Man....Ehhhhhhhh. :(

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Did you even try the new Avengers show because it's good.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sufferthorn

@teerack said:

Did you even try the new Avengers show because it's good.

It's okay....but it's dumbed down significantly. I'll watch it.....

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc (before they.cancelled young justice anf.green green lantern) were way better with their animatef series and animated movies. which frustrated me to no end because I've alwaus preferred marvel to dc but their cartoons invariably suck.