I feel bad for Toad...

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hyperlight

He has a decent mutation and could be a very competent street leveler considering his superhuman physical attributes yet he is punked every chance he gets.... when they gonna make him look good. He is the Terrax of mutants ..... am i wrong?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

He was played by a Sith Lord in the one movie he appeared in. That's the highlight of his career.

And frankly, when your supervillain codename is 'Toad', it's really only going downhill from there. He could have at least called him something more... villainous. Like... Acid. Or Poison. With the pheromones he secretes, along with his powers allowing him to get in close for those to be effective, that could have worked.

Having just looked him up, and looked over his powers, he really COULD be a major ally to the X-Men if they allowed him to be. With his powers and skillset he could be a great asset both to Hank McCoy in the lab and to the combat teams out in the field.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hyperlight

your right. its the way he treats himself .. needs confidence. He doesnt necessarily have to be an ally to the X-Men... just useful in one form or another.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm

@Hyperlight said:

He has a decent mutation and could be a very competent street leveler considering his superhuman physical attributes yet he is punked every chance he gets.... when they gonna make him look good. He is the Terrax of mutants ..... am i wrong?

He's being treated like... Well, like crap...

He followed Wolverine to the school and agreed to do ANYTHING, even be a janitor... But they couldn't even be bothered to get him a bed?

And how is it, the school can manage to put a danger room in the BATHROOM, but they only have Toad as a janitor to do the mopping??? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? You can build gardens that float, the land you live on produces diamonds to order, but you can't get Toad a robot helper or two? You can't even get him a freaking bed? Not even a mattress on the floor?

He has decent powers. Yes, he WAS a villain but then half of the X-Men were villains at one time. Emma Frost tried to MURDER the X-Men for crying out loud. As did Magneto...

He is on Wolverine's staff AND he's a mutant... he should be treated with simple respect and courtesy... Just like all human beings should.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By feebadger

@Timandm: Turd. That should be his new name. Poor guy.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timandm

@feebadger said:

@Timandm: Turd. That should be his new name. Poor guy.

LOL! I'm surprised the people at the school haven't taken to calling him that yet....

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Why does everyone with a mutation need to be a warrior of some kind? I mean, I understand on the base level that it's what fans want...fighting.

But you're telling me that there's no need for a mutant with expanded brain capacity to work on solving economic issues or a gifted surgeon to perform high-risk surgeries?

I think Grant Morrison's New X-Men run (loved by some, hated by some) was one of the most prominent to move ahead with this idea...that not all mutations are about fighting.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Timandm

@Crash_Recovery said:

Why does everyone with a mutation need to be a warrior of some kind? I mean, I understand on the base level that it's what fans want...fighting.

But you're telling me that there's no need for a mutant with expanded brain capacity to work on solving economic issues or a gifted surgeon to perform high-risk surgeries?

I think Grant Morrison's New X-Men run (loved by some, hated by some) was one of the most prominent to move ahead with this idea...that not all mutations are about fighting.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that all mutants must be warriors....

Not all heroes have to fight... Jarvis, in my opinion, is the kewlest of all the Avengers... and he never wears tights... I appreciate that..

I love the idea of Squirrel-Girl as a nanny...

and I think it's excellent to have Toad as a janitor... But they can still at least put a mattress of the floor for him and treat him with a modicum of respect... Althrougout Wolverine and the X-Men, he's been treated like dirt... Worse than dirt really...

Regarding solving other issues, I would LOVE to see a series with a team of super powered individuals that help people... I mean in ways that don't involve fighting or violence.

• Elixir can heal people... Why not have him go around the world healing people... Perhaps children with cancer? Victims of H.I.V?
  • Madison Jeffries is a technopath who can manipulate and reform machinery. How about going around and spending a few minutes each day fixing automobiles that are causing huge traffic jams?
  • Wolverine (because by Marvel law he has to be on every team ever made) could spend a moment out of each month finding lost puppies... (stupid but too cute, right?)
  • Longshot could locate missing children just by looking at a picture of them.
  • Magneto could repair the levees in New Orleans in a matter of minutes... or bridges on the verge of collapse.
  • Henry Pym could make traffic jams a thing of the past with a few strategically placed dimensional drive through doors... In fact, couldn't eliminate the need for much of the air traffic. Course, that would piss off the people at Delta and Pan-AM.

The possibilities are endless.... It would be great...

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Timandm: Awesome ideas.