I Fail at comic booking...

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By chem86

So...I don't know if this a confession or whatever, but it's a good chance to laugh at myself.

Yesterday I read Fantastic Four 66-67 and Thor 165-166(First few apperances of adam warlock). After reading the four books I was utter Awe! The words felt like that of a poet not only telling a tale but speaking about more than just the story itself! The art was miles and leagues above anything anything else I'd read from the 60-70's, hell even by today's standards the art was still amazing, it was both very unique and fun, while still making the characters look classic and perfect. I'm just in shock of how damn good they were, so good in fact I actually enjoyed a Fantastic Four book, hell I didn't just enjoy it, I loved it! So I'm wondering who is the amazing writer and artist for these comics, because I'll surely have to read more of their stuff now...As I look both FF and thor were done by the same two people(you may of heard of them) Stan Lee and Jack Kirby...

I couldn't believe it, probably the two most famous names in comic book history, I this the first time I'm realizing why they are considered 'greats'! I've read Jack and Stan's stuff before, but only stuff like x-men #1 or amazing fantasy 15, only first issues or origin stories really. For some reason I just assumed being the books were at 66 and 165 that Stan and Jack were no longer writing them, I some how got it my head Stan only did the first 30 some issues and handed it off to a new writer. Obviously I now see I'm very wrong as Stan has written into many series 100's of issues deep.

I now have greater respect for both of them, much more than I did before! Legends for good reason! I knew they were awesome and created so much we love today, but I now feel like a fool for not realizing how insanely skilled they both really were!

Anyway I figured everyone here that already knew what I just found out could get a good laugh from this.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

X-Men was some of their weakest stuff and Kirby did most of the actual writing btw~

Read their other good works.

BB

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men was some of their weakest stuff and Kirby did most of the actual writing btw~

Read their other good works.

BB

Kirby did most of the actual writing for just X-Men, or most their work in general? The fantastic four I read really seemed like it was Stan's words, very similar to how he even talks himself.

Got an recommendations on their really good work? There's so much to choose from!

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yup, Jack's art is still the best.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

See Marvel method: http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/Marvel-Method-Definition.htm

I'd recommend Kirby's Fourth World, Kamandi, The Eternals, The Losers, Devil Dinosaur, The Demon, OMAC, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Captain America and Thor.

For Lee: Amazing-Spiderman (, though you don't seem to like it), Dr. Strange with Ditko and Silver Surfer: Parable.

BB

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See Marvel method: http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/Marvel-Method-Definition.htm

I'd recommend Kirby's Fourth World, Kamandi, The Eternals, The Losers, Devil Dinosaur, The Demon, OMAC, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Captain America and Thor.

For Lee: Amazing-Spiderman (, though you don't seem to like it), Dr. Strange with Ditko and Silver Surfer: Parable.

BB

Very interesting article!

Thanks for the recommenedations, I'll check most of it out for sure. Might start with Spider-man, Thor or Dr. Strange( I do like spider man, but AF15 was good but I didn't get that warm special feeling like I did reading his FF.)