#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying we'll never see a Deadpool movie but as of now I really doubt whether Reynolds is still going to be considered leading man material long enough to actually get the thing in production. He's not bad in ensemble movies but as the actual lead he doesn't really have enough hit movies under his belt to keep up this Hollywood push he keeps getting for much longer. Honestly I have a feeling if he doesn't end up in a smash hit soon he's going to end up in Syfy original movies.

#2 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Well seems like two movies he was in just bombed. I think he'd be lucky to have a TV career after this.

#3 Posted by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't miss him. Apparently neither will most of the movie-going public.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@laserlambert: The last actual hit he was in was a Sandra Bullock Rom-Com and I seriously doubt Reynolds was the one putting bored middle aged women in those seats.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

he boned Scarlet Johanson so.... he's still a winner in my book

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: But she dumped him meaning that for the rest of his life he will know that he was boning Scarlet Johanson and never will again on top of his new career hosting a Syfy channel reality series.

#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (10607 posts) - - Show Bio

Well seems like two movies he was in just bombed. I think he'd be lucky to have a TV career after this.

lol

#8 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

You're barely doubting it now? I doubted it since the rumor spread that Reynolds had to pick from either the GL role or the Deadpool role. I know it was just a rumor but I believe it and took it to heart. He picked DC, he picked a mushed up Kyle Rayner/Hal Jordan, he made his choice so forget him.

The years that have passed have only verified my doubts. I don't miss him and now I would rather have Sean William Scott play as Deadpool.

( + )

#9 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6412 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm about to see RIPD in an hour. Wondering if Reynolds will actually impress me for once. I do hope they find someone else to play Deadpool.

#10 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallen_crippled:

I'm sorry, it isn't an impressive movie. What I took from it was that RIPD is suppose to be a fun movie. Filled with humor, some action, and a simple story. It isn't hilarious but it is funny. It might have gotten a really low score because people expected a lot more. I dunno, I think it's just a simple movie that is suppose to be fun and quick, just something to watch when you're bored or wanting to be entertained for a moment.

( + )

#11 Posted by MaccyD (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

Get a comedian to play Deadpool, plus Reynolds as Deadpool in Wolverine: Origins was boring.

#12 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's not gonna happen.

#13 Edited by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: The only thing I genuinely liked from Origins is the guy who played Sabertooth, if they had kept it with just him, Wolverine and the actual Weapon X program the movie would have been so much better.

#14 Posted by MaccyD (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Actually didn't realize until afterwards, "Wait! That guy was Deadpool?!" cause he blended into the background so much and just seemed like another grunt or whatever.

#15 Posted by SheenLantern (6144 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: But she dumped him meaning that for the rest of his life he will know that he was boning Scarlet Johanson and never will again on top of his new career hosting a Syfy channel reality series.

hmmm good point
poor dude

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: Its like winning the lottery then having all that money taken away from you and then someone kicks you in the balls.

#18 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6697 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess you can't play Van Wilder your entire career and continue to have people like it. I don't have any ill feelings towards the man, but the first time I saw Van Wilder I knew he'd milk playing that type of role as long as he could. Guess the milk is drying up.

#19 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: Its like winning the lottery then having all that money taken away from you and then someone kicks you in the balls.

couldn't have said it better

I would rather have Sean William Scott play as Deadpool.

( + )

wow

this might work. Sean W Scoot actually has some acting chops and can do a bit more than the usual Stifler, which is all that it's needed!

also, since he isn't the biggest star out there, no need to be afraid to cover his face with the mask and/or with the cancer skin

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: I'm also willing to bet he'd be a guy who was more concerned with getting a high profile movie at all than he would with having his face covered for most of it. He hasn't been doing a whole lot lately.

#21 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: @sheenlantern:

Spread the word. Let the people on the internet know Sean W. Scott should be Deadpool. Let the Deadfools unite in agreeing on Stifler being The Merc with the Mouth.

( + )

#22 Edited by Spideysense44 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool will be introduced in the upcoming Xfactor film and will branch off of that (rumor)

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: He might be in the new X Force movie but he'll need to stand out more if he's gonna get his own movie since right now outside of comic fans no one is really clamoring for a Deadpool movie and the star giving it the push is losing more cred daily and now has the dubious distinction of having 2 major disappointments in one weekend.

#24 Posted by Spideysense44 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

yea they said he will have a big role in xforce and they want to see how fans react to him that will decide if he has a movie or not

#25 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i think sean william scott would make a kick-ass deadpool.

#26 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

That movie was never going to happen.

Sean William Scott would only disappoint you.

#27 Edited by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: I don't doubt Deadpool will eventually get a movie, I just don't think Reynolds is gonna be the guy to get it done

#28 Edited by ccraft (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, I'd rather see an Deathstroke movie with Stephen Lang

#29 Edited by Spawn92 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

You're barely doubting it now? I doubted it since the rumor spread that Reynolds had to pick from either the GL role or the Deadpool role. I know it was just a rumor but I believe it and took it to heart. He picked DC, he picked a mushed up Kyle Rayner/Hal Jordan, he made his choice so forget him.

The years that have passed have only verified my doubts. I don't miss him and now I would rather have Sean William Scott play as Deadpool.

( + )

YES! It's good to see that someone else wants Stifler for Deadpool. If you take the personality of the Stifmeister and combine it with his physicality in Goon, then top it of with guns, speech bubbles and chimichongas, he would be perfect!

#30 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: How are you so sure of this? ( + )

#31 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by russellmania77 (14403 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard he is gonna play dr strange and captain marvel

#jk

#33 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: Not convinced but thank you for replying. I thought you had an elaborate answer. Oh well.

( + )

#34 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: You don't need an elaborate answer when you have Sean William Scott.

#35 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1018 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: What movie have you seen that gives you the impression that Sean W Scott will be a bad Wade Wilson?

( + )

#37 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Every movie ever in which he has attempted to act. Are you guys seriously defending the acting chops of Stifler?

#38 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

do you really want that deadpool from the x-men origin movie?

#39 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: Have you seen The Rundown with The Rock? Have you seen The Dukes of Hazard with Johnny Knoxville? Have you seen The Promotion with John C. Reilly? Have you seen Mr. Woodcock with Billy Bob Thornton?

Have you seen Dude, Where's My Car with Ashton Kusher?

The Stifmiester can act and he's fit it won't take him long to train to be Deadpool.

( + )

#40 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I have my doubts as well. Ryan seems to be very occupied with the Green Lantern movies. He did sign for a trilogy I think and DC has him on the leash now. I really like Ryan, since he really seems to be a huge Deadpool fan. He once said that he has a huge Deadpool comic collection and that his dream would be to make a real Deadpool movie with violence, black humore and fourth wall breaking.

With that being said, I would also not mind Sean William Scott as Deadpool. He has a great physique and also the charme. I think he could pull it off.

#41 Edited by mightyrearranger (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

For the best. Probably not a popular opinion, but I actually kinda liked him as Hal. Definitely preferred him as Hal over Wade.

SWS could be a cool choice. I'd give that a chance.

Unrealistic sidenote: I've always kinda wanted to see Joel McHale handle it, haha.

#42 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

( + )

He'd be far better than Reynolds.