I don't understand Superman Prime 1,000,000's powers?

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay to start off, I don't read comic books, so I feel like this isn't exactly a topic I should be elaborating on, but I'll do it anyways. Theoretically Superman's powers are limitless, that I know. He was in a star for 15,000 years and apparently became powerful enough to destroy the universe in a blink of an eye, or so I have read from people on this forum. He has accomplished no feats other than resurrecting his wife and friends, I believe. So what I don't understand is, he absorbed 15,000 years worth of energy from the sun, that is 15,000 years out of the 10 billion long life cycle of a sun,on that note he can survive a supernova, which is several times more energy emitted from the sun in it's entire existence. So he can survive a supernova, before even becoming prime, which energy is nearly incomparable with his power at the time... Since he became much more powerful with 15,000 years in the sun, which is still no where near the amount of energy dispersed from a super nova. If he were to absorb a sun to the point of its death, he would still have less energy than of the blast of a supernova. Even with Superman's ridiculous arsenal of abilities, he should be no where near as powerful as he was stated to be after becoming "God". I also read he absorbed some powers from the Source Wall, which is only speculation because it was never stated that he had. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt that he absorbed energy from the largest star in the universe for 15,000 years, when that star dies, it's supernova energy compared to the amount of energy require to destroy even an entire galaxy is nearly incomparable. Can someone explain to me, when Superman fanatics throws around numbers during verses discussion, their whole main criteria of which their argument is built upon makes absolutely no sense... It's very possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about, since I don't know much about Superman, but based on the knowledge I know of him, this is what I came up with.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bossdarksied355

As long as a comic writer says so, it doesn't have to make sense, it's canon. For better or worse.

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossdarksied355:

So then when fans start arguing who's stronger, how can they throw around numbers justifying their strength, when there's no actual measurement of it..?

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I would understand if a writer say X is strong enough to destroy the universe. When they start saying things like their strength comes from an energy source that does have an actual measurement of potential energy. You can't mix fiction with nonfiction, that's just lazy writing on the writer's part...

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossdarksied355:

So then when fans start arguing who's stronger, how can they throw around numbers justifying their strength, when there's no actual measurement of it..?

Its all assumption. He did this so he could probably do that. Although you cant prove speculation you can justify it with and equal or even better feats.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

If you don't read comics, why are you here?

Anyways, Superman 1,000,000 has every power ever.

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacredweapons:

I came across the thread about Rune King Thor vs Superman Prime. Since feats should determine one's strength based on your theories, wouldn't Superman Prime lose by default. Yet fans still say "theoretically" Superman Prime should win because he acquired 15,000 years worth of energy from a sun, which is translated to a gibberish measurement of power.

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbioticspider-man:

Just because I don't read comic doesn't leave me without an opinion. My question is solely based on curiosity.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@lumpybread: I didn't say that you don't have an opinion. You just have no reason for being here since this is a COMIC forum.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacredweapons:

I came across the thread about Rune King Thor vs Superman Prime. Since feats should determine one's strength based on your theories, wouldn't Superman Prime lose by default. Yet fans still say "theoretically" Superman Prime should win because he acquired 15,000 years worth of energy from a sun, which is translated to a gibberish measurement of power.

Well he has greater feats then doom. Such as being respected by high reality warping 5th dimensionals and reviving a whole race of aliens. Where as RKT only has bringing down asgard. Superman when buffed is already strong enough to punch holes into reality itself(albeit buffed by doomsday at the time) so we can asume that with his powers multiplied with 15,000 years of growth it would be okay to assume that he is stronger.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Hyperlight

@lumpybread: yeah you are right he doesn't make sense. Way too powerful just for the sake of being powerful. Maybe the writer just likes supes

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its ok, nobody does

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbioticspider-man:

Well saying that I don't belong in discussion forum, meaning that you believe I shouldn't be entitled to an opinion because I don't read comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman Prime One Million is supposed to be 2nd to The Presence, so that means he's mean to be more powerful than Spectre, Anti-Monitor, Mandrakk, etc.

I don't understand it either.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacredweapons:

*Same applies for an omnipotent argument here*

If a character is clearly powerful, being featless does not render them powerless

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd:

But we been through this, how can you determine one strength when their numbers make absolutely no sense. Superman Prime strength can be based on speculation, he needs feats to prove his worth. If there wasn't a conflict between fiction and nonfiction with the way his powers work, I would be fine with the writer saying that he's all powerful.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By swordmasterD

@swordmasterd:

But we been through this, how can you determine one strength when their numbers make absolutely no sense. Superman Prime strength can be based on speculation, he needs feats to prove his worth. If there wasn't a conflict between fiction and nonfiction with the way his powers work, I would be fine with the writer saying that he's all powerful.

I'm not saying his strength is definite but I am saying he at least just can't be brushed off as weak. I brought that point up because you said 'lose by default'

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Well Superman prime one million it said He's 2nd Only To the presence(DC universe god) , This Who make's ppl Say Yes He is No he's Not , He will Loses To SA supes Cuz He lacks of feat's , It has to be confirmed wich is not

Who Now's He may Be , Can't Tell ..

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: yeah its random. with you on that

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait

Superman Prime has 1 million powers?!?

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Don't worry, the writers don't really understand his powers either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@leo-343 said:

No supernova from any sized star has anywhere near the energy required to destroy a galaxy...

Not to be that guy, but that's only as far as we know.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No one does

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You are talking about my favorite character in DC. :)

Lumpybread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a herald-level character. He has done nothing impressive, and is featless.