"I Can't kill because I am a superhero" Syndrome

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501  Edited By dum529001

Certain characters this works for, for instance, Batman, Spiderman, or Superman, it would be completely out of character for them to deliberately kill someone, even a psychopathic murderer like Joker or Green Goblin. I think it largely depends on the individual character...

If I were a superhero, I wouldn't go around killing someone for jay walking or some crap like that, but, if I am up against a genocidal maniac like Joker or someone, my logic is by killing him I am saving many more lives. IOW, if taking one crazy person's life saves the lives of hundreds, thousands of innocent people, well then yeah, I'd take his/her life. But I believe in using good judgement as to when killing is necessary. Catwoman for example, is a petty thief, but she's not a cold blooded killer. if someone kills in self defense, or defending their home or their loved ones, this is excusable. If they kill to avenge the murder of a loved one, this is understandable, I can't fault them for it, it largely depends on the situation.

What do you mean by "avenge"?

If killing done is just to make someone feel better but doesn't really make anything better then its wrong.

Vengenge. Repayment. The repayment of wrong-doing.

Without good purpose, vengence is evil, merely a selfish act meant to appease someone's God-complex.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel.

1. Thor
  2. Ares
  3. Hercules
  4. Sentry
  5. Iron Man
  6. Hyperion
  7. Genis-Vell
  8. Emma Frost
  9. Wolverine
  10. X-23
  11. Namor
  12. Silver Surfer
  13. Sersi
  14. Captain Britan
  15. War Machine
  16. Quasar
  17. Beta Ray Bill
  18. Ronan
  19. Vision
  20. Valkyrie
  21. Deadpool
  22. Punisher
  23. Rulk
  24. Man-Thing
  25. Magik
  26. Polaris
  27. Rachael Summers
  28. Cable
  29. Fantomex
  30. Psyloke

DC

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Aquaman
  3. Zatanna
  4. Apollo
  5. Midnighter
  6. Guy Guardner
  7. Hawkman
  8. Cat Woman
  9. Katanna
  10. Deadman
  11. Madame Xandu
  12. John Constantine
  13. Grifter
  14. Jason Todd
  15. Mr.Majestic
  16. He-Man
  17. Teela
  18. Quicksilver
  19. Fatality
  20. Lennox
  21. Orion
  22. Mera
  23. Starfire
  24. Superboy
  25. Steve Trevor
  26. Sir Ystin
  27. Horsewoman
  28. Exoristos
  29. Andrew Bernett
  30. John Stewart

This is 30 Marvel and DC characters who will kill more than the more "moral full". There are more though.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#503  Edited By Wardemon32

@thundergodswrath:

DC has a Quicksilver also? And I wouldn't really classify Wonder Woman as a "killer". The only time she's ever killed(from what I've seen) was Max Mercury. I believe it was Infinite Crisis where she tried to do it to Mongol but she was stopped? But in the end she actually stopped Batman from killing Luthor.

Edit: Wait NVM I think she tried to kill him. But he still survived it anyways.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath:

DC has a Quicksilver also? And I wouldn't really classify Wonder Woman as a "killer". The only time she's ever killed(from what I've seen) was Max Mercury. I believe it was Infinite Crisis where she tried to do it to Mongol but she was stopped? But in the end she actually stopped Batman from killing Luthor.

Edit: Wait NVM I think she tried to kill him. But he still survived it anyways.

1. Mistake
  2. She tried to kill Ares, and a lot more. She's always been the Justice Leagues born killer, and warrior it's just her nature. She's top 5 on the list.
Snake5422000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: maybe, however, even people who generally have the best of intentions are still only human, lets say some psycho broke into you're mother's house, raped her, beat her, killed her, and burned her house to the ground. Would you not want to do them in? Next question, would that make you bad for wanting to pay them back?

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slinger: well it looks like someone else thinks heros should have good moral codes. After all we are weak to kill, killing means we are afraid to face the danger again.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: maybe, however, even people who generally have the best of intentions are still only human, lets say some psycho broke into you're mother's house, raped her, beat her, killed her, and burned her house to the ground. Would you not want to do them in? Next question, would that make you bad for wanting to pay them back?

If the act does not serve the purpose of protecting people from imminent danger then its not right.

OndrejHrdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508  Edited By OndrejHrdy
Loading Video...

If you are really interested in "Why Superheroes Never Kill", here's a short video

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509  Edited By LDM

A shit load amount of non anti-hero kill ....

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Yeah it feels unfair.

Though we saw what happens in Injustice so yeah, they shouldn't do that very often.