DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Hank Pym Wife Beater

Hank had a mental breackdown, Hank wasnt himself, i dont like him, but damn, he wasnt a wife beater, i think some one drug him and it was a bad moment in his life.

Also i am sure his wife used his mental problems so they get married

Also it was an accident, Jim Shooter and others point this, Hank didnt want to hit her.

Hank even help women with this problem.

Now lets go to Reed Richards, you see him as a family man and a great example.

Give me mah money you #0, give meh yoh lunch money kid
Give me mah money you #0, give meh yoh lunch money kid

We can justify Reed, but we can also justify Hank.

And Reed looks to like to sleap Sue.

That is a new level of pimp slap
That is a new level of pimp slap

Oh and how to forget this.

Now go and make me a sandwich.
Now go and make me a sandwich.

And now one of those thing that are still in my nightmares.

No Caption Provided

I am not going to lie a part of me died that day and i cant forgive Peter for this one.

And how to forget Spider Woman a meta human slap Hawk Eye twice, sure the whole he cheat her, but Clint is a normal human, she could had hurt him or even kill him.

Please put other thing like this.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh wow someone using out of context scans to prove Reed's should be in Hanks league

*roll eyes*

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Oh wow someone using out of context scans to prove Reed's should be in Hanks league

*roll eyes*

Because is obvious Hank Pym who hit his wife by accident is a wife beater.

But Reed isnt even when the same logic apply to him.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What about that time when Peter Parker made a deal with the devil to save his already old aunt who was more than likely going to die soon anyway? Making a deal with the devil goes against everything that has to do with "responsibility."

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can agree with the examples cited, up to a point. Hypocritical situations coming up in comics is no new thing when comparing characters to each other. Spider Woman hitting Hawkeye wasn't seen by me as okay. That wasn't right at all and I'm disappointed Fraction didn't take the opportunity to highlight that and have her acknowledge it. Having Clint accept it and not retaliate was presented as him being stoic and accepting (to an extent) and that wasn't good because no one should ever, ever tolerate and excuse assault. The idea of Clint coming off as a gentleman, or a punishment accepting martyr being somewhat noble and admirable is so wrong. So is the idea anger is a valid reason for any assault, let alone the physical kind. I'm glad someone brought that scene up, it's always bothered me something huge.

There's a lot more situations I've come across that seemed hypocritical, but it would be exhaustive to lay them all out. Not just through a gender view, or good guy/bad guy view, but an everything view. There is just so, so much of it. Thankfully most can be found in older comics which reflects the attitude of the time (meaning gender roles on what's okay or not). As for hypocrites who judge other characters for their behaviour and actions, that is way too big a jar of worms for me.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6 JediXMan  Moderator

Superman vs the Elites.

Murder is evil. Forced lobotomization is okay (ironic, since this was essentially what the Justice Lord Superman did in JL).

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@jedixman said:

Superman vs the Elites.

Murder is evil. Forced lobotomization is okay (ironic, since this was essentially what the Justice Lord Superman did in JL).

He never lobotomized him. His loss of powers was the result of a concussion.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

What about that time when Peter Parker made a deal with the devil to save his already old aunt who was more than likely going to die soon anyway? Making a deal with the devil goes against everything that has to do with "responsibility."

The real reason.
The real reason.

Also the whole:

Fan Girl vs Fan Boy: The former is able to "get away" with actions that would get the latter locked up or looked down upon, in both fiction and Real Life. Girl cosplays? That's childish hence cute! Guy cosplays? He's an asocial loser who needs to get out of his mom's basement. Girl admits to wanting to sleep with a male celebrity, complete with fanart? That's cute, since girls are innocent and childlike, never sinister or dangerous. Guy admits he wants to sleep with a female celebrity, complete with fanart? Creepy stalker who needs to stop fapping to girls he will never have.

@ms-lola said:

I can agree with the examples cited, up to a point. Hypocritical situations coming up in comics is no new thing when comparing characters to each other. Spider Woman hitting Hawkeye wasn't seen by me as okay. That wasn't right at all and I'm disappointed Fraction didn't take the opportunity to highlight that and have her acknowledge it. Having Clint accept it and not retaliate was presented as him being stoic and accepting (to an extent) and that wasn't good because no one should ever, ever tolerate and excuse assault. The idea of Clint coming off as a gentleman, or a punishment accepting martyr being somewhat noble and admirable is so wrong. So is the idea anger is a valid reason for any assault, let alone the physical kind. I'm glad someone brought that scene up, it's always bothered me something huge.

There's a lot more situations I've come across that seemed hypocritical, but it would be exhaustive to lay them all out. Not just through a gender view, or good guy/bad guy view, but an everything view. There is just so, so much of it. Thankfully most can be found in older comics which reflects the attitude of the time (meaning gender roles on what's okay or not). As for hypocrites who judge other characters for their behaviour and actions, that is way too big a jar of worms for me.

The whole Spider Woman is based on the Law and Order SVU logic, that all abusers are males and the female ones have a reason.

"But wasn't it her fault as well as the man's?"

"Nothing is ever a lady's fault, you'll learn that," Lord Trimingham told me.

This remark, confirming something I already felt, made an immense impression on me.

L.P. Hartley, The Go-Between