Hyperion vs New 52 Superman

• 186 results
hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm just glad they gave Hyperion a legitimate strength feat. For awhile I remember reading his bio that he was a 90 tonner

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By cameron83

@powerwoman: But the main matter at hand at the time is the size of the Rogue planet,not the machine. And if the machine is 100 feet tall,then that Rogue planet is definitely NOT 500 feet tall.And still,all of these measurements seem to be speculation on your part....mine too.

And if that Rogue Planet is 500 feet,it seems that the Earth is apparently 1000 feet more or less then.....which is obviously wrong.

So those measurements are just speculation.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@cameron83: That was speculation,but if you read scan,look machine and rogue planet,machine is 100 foot,the rogue planet cant 10000000000000000000000000 foot tall

I do is based on visual estimation

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: That was speculation,but if you read scan,look machine and rogue planet,machine is 100 foot,the rogue planet cant 10000000000000000000000000 foot tall

Where does it state that the machine is 100 foot tall? You cannot just pull these measurements out of the air based on 1 scan that an artist drew that doesn't have as much thought put into it as you are making it.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I think the rogue planet isnt bigger than a city is because from machine and rogue planet size of the rough contrast,and the machine isnt too big for hulk(From the look angle)I guess maybe 60 foot tall

No Caption Provided

or maybe 100 foot tall?anyway,that absolutely cant over 1000 foot tall,because if the machine is 1000 foot tall,hulk should be much small

where do you see Hulk and the machine in the same panel? You're clearly making this up. The panel you're using is the energy signature from Manifold porting the team away. Are you serious?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: energy signature from Manifold porting the team away on the MACHINE,yes,only hulk stay here,this is vertical view,you can see hulk in the aground and other guy on the machine(which isnt show us,but they are in the machin)

@powerwoman said:

Where does it state that the machine is 100 foot tall? You cannot just pull these measurements out of the air based on 1 scan that an artist drew that doesn't have as much thought put into it as you are making it.

Or that mean this planet not even close to a city of size,because writer doesn't have as much thought this planet how big?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I'm going with Supes on this one.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@wavemotioncannon: energy signature from Manifold porting the team away on the MACHINE,yes,only hulk stay here,this is vertical view,you can see hulk in the aground and other guy on the machine(which isnt show us,but they are in the machin)

@cameron83 said:

@powerwoman said:

Or that mean this planet not even close to a city of size,because writer doesn't have as much thought this planet how big?

Where? There are 4 panels on that page and NONE of them show Hulk and the machine in the same panel! You're obsession has you seeing things now. As a matter of fact if you read the next page it's clear Manifold/Eden (who teleported whole battle ships inside one another in the Smasher spotlight issue) transported the team AND the machine into orbit and the Hulk launched himself into it to propel it. The machine is so big you can't even see Hulk make impact let alone say it's only 60 feet tall.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By PowerWoman
No Caption Provided

@wavemotioncannon: There,you can see hulk push the machine into rogue planet,actually,and of course they are not SAME panel,i said they are in the machine,but there have vertical view

No Caption Provided

My guess is based on vision to see hulk and machine,look like 60 foot tall around,what it's you based?

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Your "guess"? How did you come to 60 feet?. Manifold transports the team and the machine into orbit, leaving Hulk on the surface in the wake of Manifolds energy signature NOT THE MACHINE. The next panel shows Hulk launching into low orbit and colliding with the machine which is so big you can't see Hulk only the impact. None of the panels on either page show The Hulk in relation to the Machine so the question is where did you get 60 feet? Looking at the wide shot on the first page it's obvious the Machine is taller than 60 feet judging by the background.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: They are not Immediately leave the orion,there was machine

full scan

No Caption Provided

the machine was stay here,not fly,not into orbit,and team on the machine,An undefined amount of time,the hulk push the machine into orbit,and there have hulk stay in the top view of the ground,so Based on the size ratio, I think this machine probably 60 foot tall or maybe more,not sure,but

No Caption Provided

look hulk of size

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@powerwoman: This shows Cap, Capt. Marvel and Iron Man inside the machine , looks like it's huge inside of it to me. The panel showing the two planets in sync after the machine is activated. It shows the machine on the right top side of the rogue planet and that's definitely bigger than your average city to be seen from space.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By cameron83

@wavemotioncannon said:

@powerwoman: Your "guess"? How did you come to 60 feet?. Manifold transports the team and the machine into orbit, leaving Hulk on the surface in the wake of Manifolds energy signature NOT THE MACHINE. The next panel shows Hulk launching into low orbit and colliding with the machine which is so big you can't see Hulk only the impact. None of the panels on either page show The Hulk in relation to the Machine so the question is where did you get 60 feet? Looking at the wide shot on the first page it's obvious the Machine is taller than 60 feet judging by the background.

Agreed. Manifold leaves an energy signature when he teleports.

And when he hits the machine,he is less than a dot to it. It is WAY larger than 60 feet.

Common sense dictates that Manifold's teleportation signature wasn't at the peak of the machine since in the next scan that has Hulk,you can see that Hulk is not even a dot compared to it. Saying that that is 60 feet when the machine dwarfs him in size is just as stupid as saying that the machine is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 feet tall.

I think that this image above is much more valid of an image than that of Manifold teleporting since it gives us a clearer,better image.

@powerwoman said:

Not really. It's called speculation (the numbers).

I didn't know that you had the ability to determine that,by looking at 1 scan,that the machine is 100 feet tall.

But you do make a point. We can tell that it is not 10000000000000000000000 feet tall. But saying that the Rogue planet is as big as a city or that the machine is 60 feet is just as stupid as saying that the machine is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 feet tall.

Also,can someone tell me where Hulk is in relation to the image of the full machine when it is resting on the moon?

Anywho,I am done here. Nothing new is being added or said,and I know that I am just going to get the same old response that was already said 50 times.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:You absolutely wrong interpretation of the scan,the energy signature only take team in the machine,not take entire machine into orbit,it's hulk push the machine into orbit,not machine itself into orbit then hulk push it,and when energy signature take team into machine,the writer give us a top view,then we see hulk how big for the machine(top view perspective)so Based on the size ratio,i think it's 60 foot tall it's Is justified

No Caption Provided

I'm not "guess",or yes,i'm guess it's 60 foot tall around,but that based on the size ratio

@wavemotioncannon: I dont denied, but this is not critical, you need to know the size of this machine

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By PowerWoman
No Caption Provided

Also,stop exaggerate,t Hulk is not even a dot compared to it?that not show hulk,it;s show when hulk push the machine impact force,where show us hulk and machine size ratio?you guy exaggerate it

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Once again you're wrong Manifold teleports the team and the machine and tony ON PANEL says they're orbital and Hulk has to hit them hard. That means they were already in space and the impact shows how much bigger the machine is than Hulk. Did you not read the scans before you concocted your theory ? Also you ignored the showing of the machine on the last page in relation to Earth and the rogue planet so that blows your BS about how how big the machine or the rogue planet was. I know you'll deny it but you know it's true.

No Caption Provided
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@wavemotioncannon: Ok,i didnt see the iron man said,but the last of scan isnt show the rogue planet how big,this scan it is

But still,the machine isnt too big,if you check it before machine on the Mars

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Check it

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my 800TH POST

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Once again you're wrong Manifold teleports the team and the machine and tony ON PANEL says they're orbital and Hulk has to hit them hard. That means they were already in space and the impact shows how much bigger the machine is than Hulk. Did you not read the scans before you concocted your theory ? Also you ignored the showing of the machine on the last page in relation to Earth and the rogue planet so that blows your BS about how how big the machine or the rogue planet was. I know you'll deny it but you know it's true.

No Caption Provided

Thank you.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give you guy how big of the machine idea:

when machine on the planet:

No Caption Provided

Full remote:

No Caption Provided

Pay attention to the chassis:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know what that image proves and,again,I am surprised that someone here has an uncanny knack for estimating distances that would make Deathstroke jealous.

This is clearly ridiculous.

I am so done here.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#173  Edited By SOG7dc

Supes has some new feats in his book so maybe this discussion can be continued now

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Experio
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sog7dc said:

Supes has some new feats in his book so maybe this discussion can be continued now

Why would new feats make any difference when Superman already has better feats, especially in combat scenarios where the feats matter most on the battle forums, to most aspects of Hyperion with the exception of physical strength. To argue against the planet scan would be too complex and in all honesty fruitless since it does seem legit but New Superman has the better striking power, combat speed, reactions and durability feats over current Hyperion. I'm not sure why people are relying on a few high end feats when New 52 Superman has a consistent repertoire of feats already even 2 years into the New 52 already.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Superman

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@sog7dc: Show us the new feats?

i was on my hone earlier. here they are:

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3607779

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3607780

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3607788

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3607815

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3607814

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc said:

Why would new feats make any difference when Superman already has better feats, especially in combat scenarios where the feats matter most on the battle forums, to most aspects of Hyperion with the exception of physical strength. To argue against the planet scan would be too complex and in all honesty fruitless since it does seem legit but New Superman has the better striking power, combat speed, reactions and durability feats over current Hyperion. I'm not sure why people are relying on a few high end feats when New 52 Superman has a consistent repertoire of feats already even 2 years into the New 52 already.

true but i just wanted to add the new feats into the discussion

SoopahSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By SoopahSoup

Superman was benching the Earth for five days straight while deprived of solar energy correct?

and in supergirl #27 didn't he survive the force of a dimensional portal similar to a black hole?

I think that puts him on a pedestal higher than Hyperion

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Not sure if its just me but the images wont display for all of them.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By SOG7dc

@experio:

yeah comic vine has been malfunctioning a lot lately. if you go to the superman boards and to his new52 respect thread then you can see them all on the last page of the thread.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Experio
phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By phisigmatau

I'm not a fanboy.
He's a super man clone.
Any clone is lame.
Being a clone is lame by definition.

On top of that their is too many avengers (Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Thor, Captain Marvel) on one team too protect earth doesn't add up. To have them consistently being active you need consistent planet level threats. It's boring and doesn't make sense. I don't understand it, I'm not a fan of it I don't condone it.

Hulk1893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion SURVIVED THE DESTRUCTION OF TWO UNIVERSES...New 52 Superman has NOWHERE NEAR a Feat like that

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Ahem...now is as good a time as any to bump this

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumping this to see if Hyperion has done anything cool recently....

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most important question is... Who's future self has the better beard?