Ok,Hyperion held a planet,new feats

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PowerWoman

Strength:From my point,in the scan,hyperion isnt push a planet or stop planet,he just held it,stable it let thor smash switch,New 52 superman bench earth weight five days,so,superman got it

Speed:Hyperion speed isnt too clear,New 52 superman is FTL

Durable:both 0 feat

I said superman should be wins,everyone points?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Killemall

Difference between Hyperion and Superman's feat would be in Hyperion instance the Rogue planet itself was travelling extremely fast, at a speed of 500,000 miles per hours.

No Caption Provided

Its 2 very different feat, i am not even sure if they can actually be compared.

To slow down, something that big, moving at that speed, would be pretty hard to achieve i would assume.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerWoman

@killemall: Yeah,hyperion slow down it for thor enough time smash switch,fairly quickly,but hyperion cant push planet out orbit or stop it

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: which is understandable, its going to be pretty damn hard to stop something moving at ridiculous speed like 678 times the speed of sound.

Its the speed part that makes the feat, likely even more impressive than Superman, why because thats like 524 times faster than a normal bullet from a hand gun. It should be pretty obvious how hard it is to stop a normal bullet from a hand gun, let alone something the size of a planet that dwarfs it by some million times in size.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: But hyperion isnt stop it or push it out orbit,he just slow down a bit,just let thor smash switch,It is clear that hyperion cant push this planet,though,Really do not know this how much power is needed to slow down a bit..

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Ok,i said more clear for my point,I dont said this not impressive,just cant agree with you,he slow down it a bit,yes,but not mean he can move a planet or bench earth five days

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Killemall

@powerwoman: I am not sure you understand the difference, its 2 different feat, dont think you can compare each other numerically per say, but its not going to be any easier to even slow down something that big travelling that fast.

As per could Hyperion push the panel, specially had it not been travelling at something that ridiculously fast, i dont know but most likely we will never know.

Remember, Tom Brevroot, who is Hickman's senior editor, who has to actually check and accept anything Hickman writers before it can be published heavily criticized Superman feat, because as per Brevroot, the feat was just done to show Superman strength, not to actually serve the story. Had Superman somehow benchpressed the planet to save lives that feat , at least to Brevroot would be acceptable.

Now whether Hickman or us readers, like it or not, Brevroot wont allow Hickman to simply have Hyperion bench press a planet, its only scenarios like this that is going to be allowed.

Given that , the feat itself is very damn impressive. If you really want to do a calculation you need to somehow assume at what speed didi Hyperion hold the planet, even if the planet after Hyperion touched it was moving something ridiculious like 100 miles per hour, that a acceleration by something ridiculous like 499,900 miles per hours, which will take something ridiculious like 2.98 * e^30 Newtons to actually stop it.

Thats equivalent to lifting a weight of 3.31 * 10 ^29 Kilos (assuming the rogue planet is anywhere close to say the weight of the Earth), that equivalent of lifting something ridiculious like 5,500 times the weight of a planet.

But thats just rogue calculation, in short what i am trying to say is, you are not fully considering the difference the massive speed of the said rogue planet makes.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Ok,i said more clear for my point,I dont said this not impressive,just cant agree with you,he slow down it a bit,yes,but not mean he can move a planet or bench earth five days

Actually if you assume the planet is anywhere close to Earth , and Hyperion slowed down after being touched by Hyperion to say something like 100 miles per hours, mathematically its still equivalent to not only lifting the weight of the earth, but lifting something ridiculious like 5,500 times the weight of the Earth.

While i admit, i am making 2 big assumptions there, something thats not on panel, point is, you cant just say "but not mean he can move a planet or bench earth five days" , because the feat is just as equally impressive if not more so.

You are still ignoring the speed, which in the case makes a massive massive difference, remember you need to over power the force exerted by the planet, at least to some extent, in order to stop it, the force the planet is coming at you is Planets Weight * Its Acceleration (500,000 miles per hour).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@killemall: It still doesn't mean he can beat New 52 Superman though :P

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm Hype probably does not have speed feats of supes. Which is more impressive a man bench pressing a particular weight for 5 days straight or the other male, stopping the same set of weights thrown at him at an insane amount of speed? How big was the planet compared to Earth?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I didn't say it wasn't impressed,but you cant said hyperion slow down it a bit so he can move earth out orbit,You also admit that you assume that

Hyperion isnt push planet out orbit

Hyperion isnt stop planets,he was slow down it,enough let thor smash switch.read scan,This happens very quickly

I agree this is impressed feats(in fact,this is marvel first time show us marvel charater can do some like moving-planets feat)but i cant agree just because he can slow down a bit so he can move earth,the logic cant work,also that need two parameters,one,planet weight,two,hyperion slow down it,how much?just enough for thor hit switch

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By patrat18
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: go away he can totally beat Superman

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion can withstand the force of a planet and hold it. Superman can hold a planet for 5 days over his head.

Who is more impressive? I can't even say. Both are. Holding the weight of the earth is more core strength IMO and catching/holding/stabilizing a planet (maybe the weight of earth) traveling at 500000 miles per hour is pretty damn strong. Defying the laws of both comic physics and natural ones. I can't come up with a winner of this bout with strength but Supes has much more at his disposal than Hype.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: He slow down that planet enough for thor hit switch,he not totally stop it,just said

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Iragexcudder
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Not stopping,it's slow down a bit....stop and slow down a bit that totally different

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@powerwoman said:

@iragexcudder: He slow down that planet enough for thor hit switch,he not totally stop it,just said

And this is a bad thing because?

What's more impressive? Lifting a truck over your head for 5 hours straight or pushing and slowing down the same truck coming at you at 800MPH?

Both are just as impressive in their own rights. I don't know why you're trying to discredit it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: Stop this planet and slow down a bit,that totally different,if hyperion stop it,that mean he not only can push planet,he can do more,slow down a bit for thor hit switch,still impressed,but not mean hyperion possess move the earth

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Eh, Superman had one feat demonstrating that sort of power, similarly to how Hyperion only had one of his own to claim. Superman managed to theoretically lift the weight of the planet for five days straight(ridiculous endurance I guess) and Hyperion managed to hold of the imminent clash of planets colliding towards one another. Realistically, they're useless feats in regards to demonstration or replication through a combat situation as neither have replicated anything remotely similar. I guess Superman's beating on H'el where he "shook" the Earth could count but other than that, he's never replicated it.

Taking a look at higher end feats, Hyperion managed to take on and knock out a mind-controlled Hulk during the Avengers run, and demonstrate a possible superiority to Thor. Superman managed to effortlessly smack around Mongul, landing a hit when he was "barely holding back" that sent the brute flying two hundred miles out to sea.

I think it's a little odd in quantifying how these "lifting" feats factor into actual combat situations.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: okay? It's a ridiculous feat, so is Supermans. A planet millions beyond millions of pounds traveling at a half a million miles per hour would obliterate planets. The strength speed and endurance it would take to CATCH, PUSH and HOLD a moving object in STEADY motion is ridiculous. I know they're different feats, you don't need to keep saying that because, well, I have eyes and a brain.

Superman showed Strength/Endurance

Hyperion showed Strength/Speed/Endurance

Both are impressive, none are more than the other.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Here are the uncut scans.

Anyway not a battle move to Gen. Discussions

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: The logic cant work...

First,that not same "truck"

Two,hyperion isnt change this planet's orbit,In fact, we see him trying to slow down, or stability the planet let thor hit switch,that's impressive,but there cant prove hyperion could move the earth by muscle strength

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion is currently much stronger than Supes.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: I dont said it's not impressive,but you just put him in the wrong level...hyperion held planet,but not PUSH planet,not STOP planet,not change its momentum,not change the planet's orbit,all he was doing it's just give thor enough time hit switch,you see scan,the planet still towards earth

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: *sigh* you don't get it. Even if the truck was half the size. To be able to catch a truck coming at you at 800MPH and not get overwhelmed by it would be impressive.

Catching a planet coming at that ridiculous speed and attempting to slow it down is still darn impressive, even if he slowed it down 0.1% of the speed at which the planet was coming by. It's still a good feat. Does it prove Hyperion can bench a planet? No, but benching a planet also does't prove Superman could catch and try and slow down a planet going at speeds over half a million milesPH.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: sometimes a feat with a good bit of calculation involved might be a bit harder for people to grasp. When I come home I will show him a detail calculation and see if that changes his mind.

The thing is there are a lot of unknowns in the said feat but if you are to make 2 assumption extremely reasonable you will see Hyperion feat seems leagues and bounds more impressive.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also,if hyperion can actually totally stop it,why he not just stop it in the first time,But this planet so close to the earth he was try slow down it?

why?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: Ok,It is said that the clear,hyperion not push planet,not stop planet,not change planet's orbit,It even did not significantly change the momentum,he just give thor a time to hit switch,It all happened very quickly,sure,this is Impressive feat,when you taking into account the marvel history,this is first time marvel charater can really have a planet level feat

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@powerwoman: I disagree with that last statement. And almost everything else you said.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: he HAS to change the momentum. In order to stop a moving object, you'd have to use reverse momentum to counter it. An object in motion stays in motion, Hyperion had to be moving at 490,000 miles per hour + using the strength that would measure the force of a planet going that fast. It's physics

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: go away he can totally beat Superman

Even without the striking, combat speed and reaction feats to match Superman? :P

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, Superman had one feat demonstrating that sort of power, similarly to how Hyperion only had one of his own to claim. Superman managed to theoretically lift the weight of the planet for five days straight(ridiculous endurance I guess) and Hyperion managed to hold of the imminent clash of planets colliding towards one another. Realistically, they're useless feats in regards to demonstration or replication through a combat situation as neither have replicated anything remotely similar. I guess Superman's beating on H'el where he "shook" the Earth could count but other than that, he's never replicated it.

Taking a look at higher end feats, Hyperion managed to take on and knock out a mind-controlled Hulk during the Avengers run, and demonstrate a possible superiority to Thor. Superman managed to effortlessly smack around Mongul, landing a hit when he was "barely holding back" that sent the brute flying two hundred miles out to sea.

I think it's a little odd in quantifying how these "lifting" feats factor into actual combat situations.

He didn't

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deranged Midget

@dondave said:

@deranged_midget said:

He didn't

Was it not one of the first issues? Perhaps he wasn't knocked out exactly, but I do remember Hulk reverting back to Banner for some reason. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Found the scan. Now, I forget the context and it could be due to Hyperion loosening the mind control over Hulk, allowing him to turn back into Banner, which sounds a little more plausible than Hulk merely reverting back because of a single blast of Hyperion's heat vision.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@deranged_midget said:

He didn't

Was it not one of the first issues? Perhaps he wasn't knocked out exactly, but I do remember Hulk reverting back to Banner for some reason. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Found the scan. Now, I forget the context and it could be due to Hyperion loosening the mind control over Hulk, allowing him to turn back into Banner, which sounds a little more plausible than Hulk merely reverting back because of a single blast of Hyperion's heat vision.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, when Thor knocked out Abyss the Mind-Control she had over Hulk fell through and he reverted back to Banner

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Yeah, when Thor knocked out Abyss the Mind-Control she had over Hulk fell through and he reverted back to Banner

Cool beans, appreciate the clarification.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Hyperion not change the planet's orbit...read scan,the planet still want to hit earth,he just stable it,you said he slow down it,ok,but how much?You try to speak in superlatives,hyperion not significantly change the momentum,slow down a bit not totally change the momentum

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

New 52 Superman wins.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PowerWoman

Calculations can make it even more impressive?

You need two parameters,one,planet weight,two,hyperion slow down it,how much?

The people love exaggeration,I agree this absolutely impressed,but face the face,hyperion isnt push planet out orbit,hyperion isnt stop planet,hyperion only slow down a bit (No significant change the momentum)just enough for thor to smash switch,that not a push planet feat,hyperion isnt change the planet's orbit,look scan,the planet still hit earth

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: You said hyperion change the momentum,but the face was rogue planet still fly into earth,it's not change any orbit,hyperion slow down it?maybe,but the scan show us,hyperion quite anxious

"I have it,Brother,now!!"

"NOW"!!

He changed much?No idea, but this is definitely not catching the planet to stop it,or very significant slow down,In fact, this is more like hyperion held planet,to stable it,not slow down,let thor can hit the switch,maybe it's because the planet too fast,thor cant hit switch without hyperion help stable planet,or hyperion slow down it,The opportunity just to catch up thor hit switch the rogue planet and earth smash together,But it all happened very quickly,hyperion absolutely no significant slow down it

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By z3ro180

New 52 Superman is NOT FTL

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerWoman
No Caption Provided

Enabligh the shielding moving the rogue planet slightly out of phase

So,what is hyperion doing?I dont understand

ampedsupwatsup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@z3ro180: travelling from Pluto to Earth in 8 seconds requires FTL speeds.