HULK vs THANOS 2014

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@pooty said:

The way they let Thanos toy with Ronan and Beta Ray Bill, I doubt it will be a long fight. Not that Thanos will just stomp but marvel will have civilians in danger and hulk will have to go save them. or Thanos will get what he wants and leave.

If Thanos decided to toy with Hulk, I could see the battle becoming much closer than expected. Hulk is strongest one there is, and Thanos wouldn't like him when he's angry. ;)

In all seriousness, It can't be completely one sided, can it? They do have 4 issues.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

The way they let Thanos toy with Ronan and Beta Ray Bill, I doubt it will be a long fight. Not that Thanos will just stomp but marvel will have civilians in danger and hulk will have to go save them. or Thanos will get what he wants and leave.

If Thanos decided to toy with Hulk, I could see the battle becoming much closer than expected. Hulk is strongest one there is, and Thanos wouldn't like him when he's angry. ;)

In all seriousness, It can't be completely one sided, can it? They do have 4 issues.

I have heard nothing about it. What is the series called?

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: It's HULK vs THANOS coming later this year. Hyperlink in my original post didn't work, so copy and paste this: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55494

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hulk333: this is gonna be more unrealistic than anything with squirrel girl if it last 4 issues.

Rip hulk

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: you can't really tell someone to grow up when you're saying they're gonna snitch.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jedixman not sure if this is a dupe, or should be in the general discussion....

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_pwnerer: @hulk333: Yeah i just looked it up. It doesn't look like they have a problem with each other initially . It looks like when Pip the Troll just transported Thor into Thanos lair. i don't think it's Hulk vs Thanos for the entire 4 issues. It's a fine line they have to walk. If they make Hulk look weak then, Hulk looks bad. But if Hulk does too much damage then Thanos looks bad. But it was written by Thanos creator....so i have a good idea who wins

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two things that I think are being over looked here:

1. Doc Green is MORE intelligent than Banner. That is significant in that there is going be more than strength on display here.

2. The Hulk's strength is limitless. Can the same be said for Thanos? Given he right circumstances it stands to reason that Hulk could get mad enough to knock Thanos out.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk333 said:

1. Doc Green is MORE intelligent than Banner. That is significant in that there is going be more than strength on display here.

2. The Hulk's strength is limitless. Can the same be said for Thanos? Given he right circumstances it stands to reason that Hulk could get mad enough to knock Thanos out.

1) When I read the article it says they're using Indestructible Hulk. This story takes place right after Thanos Infinity. Doc Green is not in the story.

2) Ehhh, i guess technically you are right. but how long would it take for him to power up to that level? Also, Champion had potential for limitless strength and so did Thor. Thanos still found a way to win both fights.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hulk333 said:

Odin hasn't been able to knock Thanos out. While in theory, Hulk could get that strong, Thanos' base strength is several times that of Hulk. He would kill Hulk before Hulk got angry enough to contend with him.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Kangconquers
@pooty said:

@teh_pwnerer: @hulk333: Yeah i just looked it up. It doesn't look like they have a problem with each other initially . It looks like when Pip the Troll just transported Thor into Thanos lair. i don't think it's Hulk vs Thanos for the entire 4 issues. It's a fine line they have to walk. If they make Hulk look weak then, Hulk looks bad. But if Hulk does too much damage then Thanos looks bad. But it was written by Thanos creator....so i have a good idea who wins

Thanos will beat Hulk, then have to team up with him. Starlin tends to write Thanos as an anti-hero, where as Marvel tries desperately to make him their Darkseid. Given Starlin only plays ball with Marvel when they give him complete control, I expect several high showings from Thanos.

@hulk333 said:

Odin hasn't been able to knock Thanos out. While in theory, Hulk could get that strong, Thanos' base strength is several times that of Hulk. He would kill Hulk before Hulk got angry enough to contend with him.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be really good for one character and really bad for the other.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@slimj87d said:

WBH stands a good chance at fighting Thanos. When Hulk fights Thanos, he doesn't use his energy projectile because people will die, but Thanos does use his energy projectile against Hulk, heck he even needed it to beat down SS.

If Hulk uses his energy projectile, he could stand up to Thanos and give him a lot more trouble than people think.

What energy projectile exactly? Is this a new Doc Green persona thing?

And I agree with WBH, but on average Hulk doesn't have much chance against Thanos.

Still, I am totally pumped for this and hope it's entertaining.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@pooty:

Contrary to what you are thinking I really doubt if we really get to see Hulk and Thanos even fight in a meaningful way. Firstly, as we are told the person to connect the story is Pip The Troll, and we have an additional bad guy in the form of Annihilus in the same story, plus an additional hero in terms of Iron Man.

We also know this is just this is just a prelude to a bigger story, Thanos: Infinity Dual, so don’t expect a full on fight.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RisingBean

@hulk333 said:

So, this is happening. My money's on HULK. What do you think?

HULK vs THANOS

I'm in on Thanos for $50. Got a bridge I can sell you on the cheap, too, if you're interested.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/slimj87d/blog/world-breaker-hulk-the-immortal-iron-hulk/90820/

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dondave said:

@princearagorn1 said:

Hulk never has been, and never will be a threat to thanos. Their encounters will always need as much Pis as hulk and wolverine.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Thanos...obvious...

Unless he gets arrested again.

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hulk333

@claymore1998: there will be "appearances" by those other characters. Doubt they'd call it Hulk vs Thanos if there weren't going to be a few brawls.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@hulk333: the main story connects Pip the Troll and Hulk.

Hulk and Thanos might not have anything more than a short scuffle.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#73  Edited By Lvenger

@slimj87d said:

WBH stands a good chance at fighting Thanos. When Hulk fights Thanos, he doesn't use his energy projectile because people will die, but Thanos does use his energy projectile against Hulk, heck he even needed it to beat down SS.

If Hulk uses his energy projectile, he could stand up to Thanos and give him a lot more trouble than people think.

Nope, Thanos should still stomp Hulk easily. Not only is it not this incarnation fighting Thanos (it's Indestructible Hulk I believe) but even WBH wouldn't be enough to even come close to beating Thanos. Only the strongest incarnation of Hulk, World Breaker Hulk, has been shown capable of planet busting strikes.

No Caption Provided

In contrast, Thanos blew up a planet whilst weakened.

Even if Hulk could use his energy projection against Thanos, he still doesn't stand a chance against a foe of vastly greater power and versatility.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lvenger

@hulk333 said:

Loading Video...
  1. Starlin has said that he'll be using Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk with a more Savage Hulk hairstyle. That means it'll be dumb Savage Hulk against Thanos, not Doc Green. If you'd paid attention to the interviews, maybe you'd be aware of this.
  2. Hulk would have to get ostentaciously strong to overpower Thanos and even then you're totally relying on a no limits fallacy. Besides, it doesn't matter if Hulk could get stronger than Thanos, Thanos is way more powerful and versatile than Hulk. There's a very clear example that demonstrates how different in power levels Thanos and Hulk are that even the most rabid and blinded of Hulk fanboys shouldn't be able to ignore. A general point for the record.

When Thanos went up against Odin (another story written by Starlin himself) though Thanos was on the losing end of the fight, he did exceptionally well against an angry and much less willing to hold back Odin. He even summoned his spear Gungir to blast Thanos with at one point. And this is how Thanos looked at the end of the battle.

No Caption Provided

In contrast, this is how Pak's Hulk/The Green Scar, the strongest and most powerful incarnation of Hulk ever looked like after a brawl with Zeus. Where Zeus had been holding back his full might (Hera says Zeus could have obliterated Hulk with one lightning bolt) and only used his fists and magic on Hulk. He wasn't going almost all out like Odin was on Thanos not to mention that Zeus has less impressive feats as Skyfathers go than Odin does. And how does Hulk look after the fight?

No Caption Provided

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By slimj87d

@lvenger:

Not sure if you read my post clearly, but I clearly stated wbh.

There's not enough context behind that scan for me to understand what happened, do you want to elaborate more?

Hulks feat shows a planet being blown up due to collateral damage, the planet itself wasn't even the target. At least the context behind that is clear.

Zeus didn't fight WBH. Hulks durability and strength increases if he taps into his wbh energies. Although Zeus would still beat him, he wouldn't beat him as easily as he did. It would have taken more effort seeing that Hulk was taking blows from a magic amped red she hulk that continued to blow up the magic planet that kept trying to reform.

Thanos will still win, but against a WBH he wouldn't simply just slap him away and energize Hine away, not when he can deliver and survive planet busting attacks. You can beat Thanos against a WBH would get pretty hurt.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: Agreed. Thanos has been on a roll lately. I don't expect to see that trend end.

@pooty:

Contrary to what you are thinking I really doubt if we really get to see Hulk and Thanos even fight in a meaningful way. Firstly, as we are told the person to connect the story is Pip The Troll, and we have an additional bad guy in the form of Annihilus in the same story, plus an additional hero in terms of Iron Man.

We also know this is just this is just a prelude to a bigger story, Thanos: Infinity Dual, so don’t expect a full on fight.

Yeah, i read the article. I don't expect a extended fight as i noted in post 57

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: in-de-struct·i·ble

ˌindiˈstrəktəbəl/

adjective

not able to be destroyed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d:

I know you stated WBH but I was disagreeing with your assertion that WBH would stand a chance against Thanos or somehow hurt The Mad Titan. The guy whose shields have stood up the most potent attacks in Marvel's Cosmic Pantheon as well as tanking some very powerful attacks. And WBH is going to hurt this guy? Riiight...

It's from The Thanos Imperative. Thanos is talking about how he was brought back to life by a group called The Universal Church of Truth. They mistook Thanos' death coccoon for someone else and took him back to their planet to resurrect him. When they succeeded, Thanos destroyed the planet they were on and then fought The Guardians of The Galaxy. He owned Groot, Gamora, Drax and more before Star Lord KOed him with a Cosmic Cube. And again this was a weakened Thanos as the scans state explicitly.

It doesn't even matter how Hulk blew up the planet, a weakened Thanos achieved what it took the strongest incarnation of Hulk to manage. There is no feasible, reasonable or valid argument you can come up with where even WBH can stand up to someone like Thanos for long. That's why this Hulk vs Thanos event is ridiculous as many others who've posted on here agree as well. There'll be massive PIS or jobbing if Hulk actually gives Thanos a decent fight.

He still beat Pak's Hulk who swarmed through Olympus beating Titans and Gods alike. And Zeus could have incinerated Hulk instantly at any time. Even Hulk didn't deny this as he chose to goad Zeus into a fist fight rather than a fair fight.

Thanos has shrugged off planet busting attacks more times than WBH has. Moreover, there's a possibility that WBH killed himself in his own planet busting attack. There's an air of ambiguity to the feat but even Pak has said that Hulk may have died in his own attack. In contrast, Thanos has tanked multiple planet busting attacks throughout his history. There's no valid proof that WBH would do anywhere near the damage you falsely claim he would and I defy you to show otherwise.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk333 said:

@lvenger: in-de-struct·i·ble

ˌindiˈstrəktəbəl/

adjective

not able to be destroyed.

Again

Loading Video...

He's been KOed by Thor's lightning in Indestructible Hulk 7, he was reverted back to Banner by an island busting explosion in last year's Indestructible Hulk annual and Proxima Midnight KOed him in Infinity. How's that for Indestructible? Hulk can be hurt and he can be beaten by less powerful beings than Thanos. Against Thanos, Hulk has no reasonable chance against someone who was still standing after an all out fight with a Skyfather. Last time I checked, Hulk was throwing up his guts after fighting a Skyfather.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By slimj87d

@lvenger: how did Thanos blow up the planet though?

I think the main problem is that you underrate hulk feat or misinterpret it. A planet exploded due to collateral damage that was created from the hulk, not because Hulk attacked the planet itself.

Punching a car and blowing it up vs punch something nearby and causing the car to indirectly

Those are two different things.

Why does this logic work for WBH? It's because we know his energy can be directed into objects just like when he took one step and caused the seaboard to fall apart. If Thanos received a blow that can indirectly blow up a planet, it's going to hurt.

Yes, I truly believe that if Thanos received a WBH punch to the face, where all of hulk strength and energy projectile abilities was pinpointed to Thanos face, it would hurt him. Would Thanos be able to get back up? Yes he would, but you can bet he'd feel it.

For the record, I've already pointed out that Thanos wins, well before you directed me and my decision hasn't changed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I think with energy projection but does it matter? He's blown up a planet with sheer strength before in a tussle with Drax.

Doesn't matter, Thanos did it whilst weakened. That supercedes Hulk indirectly blowing up a planet. Hulk needed to be at full power and stop holding back his anger and strength to do what Thanos has done whilst weakened. That clearly shows the gap in raw power between Thanos and Hulk. There is no way that feat matches up to what Thanos replicated whilst weakened.

Blowing up a car whilst weakened and punching a car at full strength are also different things no?

Not when he's tanked direct blasts from Odin himself as well as Tyrant's blasts not to mention his forcefield tanking blasts from Galactus, who actually had to exert himself to break it.

Maybe hurt him but significantly? After Thanos took a Power Gem amped blow from Thor with Mjolnir to the face and just got a bloody lip? I doubt it sincerely.

I'm well aware of that but neither has mine either for the record.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By slimj87d

@lvenger: you're not interpreting what I'm writing correctly and I do not have time to return to my old posts to clarify my points.

The car analogy in no way was a comparison between Thanos and Hulk, it was a measurement of Hulks feat.

Causing a car to explode indirectly without physical contact >>> Causing the car to explode with physical contact.

Hulk exploding the planet indirectly is greater than a planet busting feat, it's not just equal to one.

Thanos was bleeding when he took Black bolts scream, a scream that wasn't on par to the planet busting feat, so yes I still stand to say that WBH punching Thanos in the face will hurt him.

WBH will obviously do much better than any other incarnation of Hulk, he'll still lose but not as bad as his other incarnations would.

EDIT: I also want to take the time to elaborate on Black Bolt as so. E people try and claim Thanos took 3 to 4 of Black Bolts strongest screams, this is a misconception.

Only Black bolts first scream was at full power. His bio States that after delivering a vast amount of energy, Black bolt has to take while to charge up his energies again, so after each scream, they are weaker than the one before and even weaker than the one previous to that. This is according g to his bio and the description of how his powers work.

The truth of the matter is, black belt is incapable of delivering even more than 2 of his strongest screams in a short amount of time, but without a doubt Thanos was able to take the first scream and easily win the fight.

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused, if Thanos beating Hulk is such a foregone conclusion, why have the miniseries at all?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk333: there's will be context to the story that will pit them against each other for a reason, plot devices will more than likely ensue and Hulk might get help from someone else, etc... The title is to just get you to buy the issue, doesn't mean they are on par.

Think Hulk vs Wolverine, etc.

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: good points. Thanks for the reply.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@slimj87d said:

@lvenger: you're not interpreting what I'm writing correctly and I do not have time to return to my old posts to clarify my points.

Nor will he. Indirectly breaking a planet due to the side affect of a battle > breaking a planet with a direct hit. Obviously Thanos being weakened makes his impressive, but nobody is denying that Thanos is a BOSS and the clear favorite in this fight. The underrating of Hulk is apparent though, at WBH level's he could hurt damn near anybody.

The reason they picked Hulk was because he has the potential to fight anybody. He's similar to Thanos in a lot of ways, vastly powerful, insane durability, and the limitless strength. No doubt Thanos will win, but I wouldn't expect an epic stomp. Excited to see how the creater of Thanos views Hulk.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason they picked Hulk was because he has the potential to fight anybody. He's similar to Thanos in a lot of ways, vastly powerful, insane durability, and the limitless strength. No doubt Thanos will win, but I wouldn't expect an epic stomp. Excited to see how the creater of Thanos views Hulk.

I've already highlighted how Thanos is in a different class to Hulk altogether so I'll bring up another point instead. If it just takes one superhero, no matter how powerful, to take on Thanos, how does that make the biggest bad guy in the Marvel Universe look? Like a run of the mill supervillain whom it takes only one hero to defeat. That's not who Thanos should be nor the kind of threat he should post to less than a group of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. As for Starlin, he's written Thanos as being capable of one shotting Hulk level beings before, taking on Tyrant in a good fight, nearly killing the Silver Surfer and surviving a lax in morals attack from Odin. He'll be contradicting all that past work of his if he actually has Hulk pose a challenge to Thanos.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: I'm sorry mate but if your going to bring up the Zeus fight then at least bring up the context to it. It wasn't world breaker hulk (he only goes world breaker at certain points in paks run) and he wasn't even fighting back, not to mention Zeus cheated. I'm in no way saying hulk could beat a skyfather by the way, just thought you should include context.

And by the way, why is world breaker hulk giving thanos a decent fight so ridiculous? He's a relatively featless character and was potrayed as insanely powerful. And it didn't even take effort to destroy the planet, him and Jen were pretty much just enjoying themselves, it's not like they struggled to do it. Yes thanos is above mainstream incarnations of hulk but world breaker hulk isn't mainstream, if he were to give thanos a decent fight it'll be a great way to gauge his power level.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Likewise I'm sorry too but you cannot ignore the blatant fact of how different in power levels these two characters are, regardless of any so called context you falsely claim I missed out on. Hulk threw up his guts after Zeus just used his fists and magic whereas Thanos was still standing after enduring dozens of attacks from Odin, a far more powerful Skyfather than Zeus based on feats, who was actively trying to kill Thanos. Heck he even called him a worthy foe. I'm in no way saying that was WBH but I am saying that Hulk cannot do better against Skyfathers than Thanos can. You should know that as well as you aren't an unreasonable Hulk fanboy like some of the people on here.

And it's so ridiculous because Thanos has one shotted Hulk level beings twice before, blown up a planet whilst weakened when it took Hulk's strongest and maddest incarnation to do the same feat and has outmatched Herald/High Herald beings with ease before. You seriously cannot be claiming that WBH could give Thanos a decent fight could you? That's no way to make a valid assertion when Thanos is always going to be more powerful and versatile than Hulk. And I'm sorry to say this but you know how I feel about lesser beings than Thanos beating WBH. I maintain that Superman, Wonder Woman, Thor, Silver Surfer and more can take even WBH in a fair fight and none of those guys could beat Thanos either. So why does WBH stand a chance when faster, more powerful and more versatile beings don't?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: I in now way meant that hulk could stand up to a skyfather, only that if your going to bring up the instance then provide the context to it.

And yes, it's possible. Whilst I feel that Wonder Woman, thor and superman would lose to WBH it doesn't really matter, he's a relatively featless character and hasn't really been explored. It's plausible. Would WWH hulk lose to thanos? Yes. WBH however is relatively unexplored and his true power level remains undefined. I'm not saying it's a definite but it's plausible.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk just beat him with the help of drax in Guardians of the galaxy number 18

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see what happens :)

hulk333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know there's one competition that Hulk will always destroy Thanos in; a popularity contest. ;-)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

The car analogy in no way was a comparison between Thanos and Hulk, it was a measurement of Hulks feat.

Causing a car to explode indirectly without physical contact >>> Causing the car to explode with physical contact.

Hulk exploding the planet indirectly is greater than a planet busting feat, it's not just equal to one.

Thanos was bleeding when he took Black bolts scream, a scream that wasn't on par to the planet busting feat, so yes I still stand to say that WBH punching Thanos in the face will hurt him.

WBH will obviously do much better than any other incarnation of Hulk, he'll still lose but not as bad as his other incarnations would.

EDIT: I also want to take the time to elaborate on Black Bolt as so. E people try and claim Thanos took 3 to 4 of Black Bolts strongest screams, this is a misconception.

Only Black bolts first scream was at full power. His bio States that after delivering a vast amount of energy, Black bolt has to take while to charge up his energies again, so after each scream, they are weaker than the one before and even weaker than the one previous to that. This is according g to his bio and the description of how his powers work.

The truth of the matter is, black belt is incapable of delivering even more than 2 of his strongest screams in a short amount of time, but without a doubt Thanos was able to take the first scream and easily win the fight.

Thanos has also caused a planet to explode in the same fashion as hulk in his first appearance though. When he fought drax.

Thanos has only gotten stronger since then as well. And concerning black bolt its also worth noting black bolt after the first scream was weakened by the terragene bomb or whatever. With that said I think thanos can match world breaker hulk physically, and his versatility should overwhelm hulk.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By slimj87d

@jashro44: it's really hard for me to gauge classic feats to now. Thor then was holding gravitational fields equal to a star and savage hulk was able to survive being catapult into a meteor twice the mass of earth.

If we took that last feat into consideration and accept wbh is a few magnitudes above savage hulk (wwh was able to one shot red hulk with a Thunder clap vs savage hulk having to over heat him) then shouldn't wbh be able to take multiple planet busting attacks? See what I mean?

But never the less, my point is that Thanos was pretty hurt by BB to the point he had blood all over his face. WBH should be capable of delivering a similar blow but he doesn't have that limit like BB, he can deliver those gamma energized blows as many times as he needs so I think he'd be able to hurt Thanos more than BB can. This is more consistent to me because it's recent showings and feats compared to classic feats.

Without a doubt Thanos can more than likely reproduce the feat you showed me though as he has, as lvenger has pointed out.

Our argument was if wbh can hurt Thanos, I think he can.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: It's not plausible in the slightest to me. When Thanos is capable of ragdolling Hercules, Professor Hulk (who was still Class 100+ even though his strength didn't increase with rage), Thing and Thor at the same time as well as give Tyrant a better fight than Silver Surfer, Morg, Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator combined, that pretty much proves he can go toe to toe with even WBH. Not that strength matters because Thanos can beat Hulk via other means than direct blunt force.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: my point is that WBH has creative freedom when it comes to how powerful he is, he hasn't actually lost yet and was only harmed when red she hulk was amped to his level, other than that he easily took apart anyone who got in his way. Even Armageddon couldn't provoke a reaction from him and that guy managed to stalemate (with energy projection anyway) silver surfer.

Let's think of it in a different context, say superman had a god mode (like Diana does) that he only briefly used a few times, we don't actually know how powerful it is, as is the case with WBH. With what he's got at the minut would thanos beat him? Hell yes, my point is that we don't have an accurate representation of how powerful he is yet, if a writer were to have him take on thanos then he could easily potray them as equals, thus far WBH doesn't have enough feats other than being clearly more powerful than most other incarnations of hulk.

As for indestructible hulk... Yeah, thanos should stomp him.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Creative freedom has its limitations mate, there's no reason to pit WBH against foes he has no proof he's capable of beating. A fight against Thor or Superman is at least debatable even though they're faster and more powerful (valid reasons why they win.) Against Thanos, it is simply not reasonable to pit WBH against him and expect a fair fight. It doesn't matter that WBH may be stronger, Thanos is more than strong enough to match with Hulk and is vastly more powerful. That's a simple fact. You cannot dispute Thanos' vastly better feats. Nor can you utilise a no limits fallacy on Green Scar's track record. Just because he wasn't beaten doesn't mean he can't be beaten. There are beings in the Marvel Universe capable of beating WBH that conveniently didn't show up in World War Hulk.

As for your example, it's flawed to say the least. Though Diana's God Mode does make her more powerful, we cannot say how much more powerful it makes her. The cited out of context SuperDoom example can be contradicted and based on feats comparison, Superman would still beat Wonder Woman every time. Just as Thanos would beat these two too. The same applies to WBH, you cannot claim that WBH can beat him just because he never got harmed or beaten. If anyone can harm WBH, it's the guy who's one shotted Hulk level beings before and taken the wrath of a Skyfather and lived to tell the tale. And I can safely say it would be utterly stupid if a writer portrayed WBH and Thanos as equals. Not only is it wanking Hulk to a notable extreme beyond his previous limits but it also renders Thanos' threat level diminished and ruined. If it takes just Hulk to stalemate him, what's the point of Thanos? What kind of a threat is he if Hulk can match with him? Starlin would be a fool to have his greatest creation spoiled by losing to one superhero, no matter how powerful he is.

And I really should debunk the Arm'Cheddon being a Herald level character fallacy. I can tell you right now that it's simply untrue that Arm'Cheddon is on a Herald level tier. He only beat the Surfer, a weaker and inexperienced one at that, by configuring his arm cannon to disrupt Surfer's Power Cosmic. Likewise, he did the same with Hulk both in past meetings and in Heart of The Monster. He doesn't have Herald level strength, speed, durability or feats to indicate him being anywhere near as powerful as a Herald. He only beat Surfer via his plot device cannon.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: I feel as though you don't understand what I'm saying... World breaker hulk is an insanely angry version of hulk, the most powerful we've ever seen him, and he's featless. That's the part your not understanding, we DONT KNOW how powerful WBH is. From what we've seen so far thanos would most likely stomp, the fact is that we haven't seen what he's truly capable off nor have we seen him tested against a particularly powerful opponent (unless you count an amped red she hulk).

And as for those beings that can "convinently didn't show up" I assume your talking about thor, I also assume you know he had the odin force at the time. And for what it's worth in one of the early drafts thor did show up and hulk stalemated him, even gained the upper hand. The fight would've ended when korg picked up Thor's hammer (indicating he was worthy) after hulk disarmed him. Sadly that didn't make it into the final version.

Anyway, the summary of my point is that WBHs power level is completely unknown, that's my point. We DONT KNOW how poweful he potentially is, with his current feats thanos would beat him, however he has almost no feats to use. It's not like taking savage hulk and having him beat thanos, that's ridiculous and pis worthy. We have an idea of how powerful savage hulk is and his potential, that's not the case with WBH. Yes, thanos has easily beat regular hulk level opponents, world breaker hulk isn't regular hulk and was potrayed to be in another class enirely compared to other hulks.

Just so you know when I say world breaker hulk I don't mean the green scar in general, his power level has been detirmined. I'm talking about when he goes into a huge rage like state and emits gamma energy. I feel as though we will just have to agree to disagree on this, I respect you and all but I feel as though we're both too stubborn and opinionated to move from our current positions.

P.S. I never said Armageddon was herald level or anything close, only that what worked on surfer didn't work on hulk.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lvenger

@thedailybagel: But by that same token, you can't assume that he can match Thanos. You just can't, it's not good enough to make assumptions or speculate about whether WBH could take Thanos. Nor would it be beneficial to make Thanos job to Hulk, regardless of whether it was WBH.

One of them was Thor, others were Nate Grey, Silver Surfer, an all out Zarathos Ghost Rider (WWH was saved by a technicality as his actions were endangering innocents when you think about it), a properly prepped Reed Richards (even you have to admit Hulk would fall to an actually properly prepared Reed Richards, he's too resourceful not to lose to a simple brick like Hulk), Doctor Strange (Current Strange jobs massively), Legion and more. As for the early Thor vs WWH draft, I've already heard about that and suffice to say I strongly disagree with that outcome. Odin Force Thor would be MORE than powerful enough to defeat Hulk, let alone regular Thor. He stalemated The Destroyer and killed Bor. To lose to WWH would be a real mistake and it's a good thing it didn't make it to the final version. It would have been another poorly written, inaccurate, PIS fight in the already PIS ridden World War Hulk. Putting a definitive answer on the Thor vs Hulk question isn't in Marvel's best interests for business. And I'm sorry but Odin Force Thor is not likely to lose to Hulk. Regular Thor can lose because he doesn't utilise his versatility.

See first paragraph for my response on that. It's inconclusive and insubstantial to speculate on such matters when all we have to rely on are empirical evidence and feats of WBH's performance. And WBH's few feats are not enough to secure victory beyond reasonable doubt from beings like Superman, Wonder Woman, Thor etc, let alone for WBH to pose a challenge to Thanos.