Hulk vs hulkbuster AoU

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For those who haven't seen the movie yet, you might find some spoilers in here sooo stay away or don't complain! Now to the topic: Has anyone else felt cheated with the outcome of the fight? I mean Downey is an amazing actor and perfect Iron Man but isn't he getting way to much credit in MCU? First Thor, now Hulk! Really???Whedon, please stop!!!! Read some comics first, then come back and make the movie, otherwise we are going to see Tonny take on Thanos by himself in Infinity War. Bottom line: Bannerless Hulk rips Hulkbuster like paper!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I agree that Hulk should have won, although he did rip an arm.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Iron Man's power was boosted against Thor and it was clear he'd lose that fight if it went on. As for vs. Hulk, he only won with a cheap shot when Hulk wasn't focused on the fight. So no, I don't think he's getting too much credit. Also, isn't Whedon done with Marvel Studios now?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was confused when he got out of Wanda's hex, calming him down. Stark sucker punched him in a weaker state. Also the Hulkbuster was designed by Stark and Banner. Banner knew how to stop him.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: yeah, I know) that's probably the biggest accomplishment of Hulk in that fight. Which is really pathetic if you ask me. Overall he looked weaker than Tonny, who was kicking his but, saving bystanders and making funny comments all at once! Not to mention he wasn't even trying as his goal was to calm Hulk down. Hulk on the other hand was going all out and didn't do much;( For the love of God, he wasn't even scared a bit of Mindless Hulk. Also, apparently there's no difference in power levels between angry and Banercontrolled Hulk. Which only proves incompetence of the creators as this is his primery power and trademark: "the angrier Hulk gets.." we all know the rest....

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: really? So who is the director for IW? I hope they don't screw Thanos!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: really? So who is the director for IW? I hope they don't screw Thanos!

The Russo brothers.

Avatar image for sodabiscuit12345
sodabiscuit12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed in after a few years just to comment on this. Man did that piss me off. Hulk buster was manhandling hulk. wTF?? Why even have a hulk if Tonys armor is a better version of the hulk?

Terrible.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed in after a few years just to comment on this. Man did that piss me off. Hulk buster was manhandling hulk. wTF?? Why even have a hulk if Tonys armor is a better version of the hulk?

Terrible.

Dear f*cking god!

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hulk was not receiving any considerable damage

Hulkbuster was

If the mind control wouldn't have stopped, the Hulkbuster would have been trashed.

tenten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster was

If the mind control wouldn't have stopped, the Hulkbuster would have been trashed.

That's the way I felt watching the fight as well but I will say watching the Hulkbuster armor jack hammer Hulk's face was pretty awesome.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Hyperlight

Tony would have lost that fight eventually

Avatar image for eagerbuttermilk
eagerbuttermilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eagerbuttermilk
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulkbuster was

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people here act like hulk was winning the whole time before he regained his mind?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I thought it was fine, tbh. Though I would have preferred Hulk to win. I'm more upset about Hulk landing near Fiji instead of going to space in the Quinjet, lol.

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Panthers8901

Again more hulkies who are mad about the outcome. Even when hulk was controlled tony got more hits in and was punching him across the city or knocking out his tooth! Along with saving bystanders. And to top it all off he knocked him though a skyscraper and knocked him out. Yes hulk did rip some pieces he never destroyed the suit and he never would because it keeps repairing itself. Lastly hulk didn't even pull of his arm he just pushed the pole through it and tony took the rest off because it was damaged.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Superguy1591

@sodabiscuit12345 said:

Terrible.

Now Hulk fans know how Superman fans have felt for nearly 30 years. I turned to my friend after the fight who was a huge Hulk fan/one of those Batman fans and said "with prep, Ironman can beat the Marvel universe."

Popularity = the weakness of every comic character.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really like that Iron Man knocked him out either. It should have been a tie.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhhhh,

That fight was a massive durability feat for Hulk more than anything. He no sold the majority of Tony's attacks.

Quite honestly, aside from abomination in his solo movie, Hulk has gone truly untested in strength and endurance. I feel like he's going to shine power wise in some way real soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Why do people here act like hulk was winning the whole time before he regained his mind?

Because most of Tony's attacks didn't make a difference?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would have won if the mind control hadn't ceased

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@koshi_waza88: He was getting angry again, at the time. But yes after getting back out of the building he was about to calm down until they were dumb enough to point guns at him so he was weaker than earlier and Tonys Suit was mostly broken at the time.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again more hulkies who are mad about the outcome. Even when hulk was controlled tony got more hits in and was punching him across the city or knocking out his tooth! Along with saving bystanders. And to top it all off he knocked him though a skyscraper and knocked him out. Yes hulk did rip some pieces he never destroyed the suit and he never would because it keeps repairing itself. Lastly hulk didn't even pull of his arm he just pushed the pole through it and tony took the rest off because it was damaged.

Listen Starkie, getting in more punches doesn't mean anything when they didn't have any effect. Even early in the fight Hulk could have won by stabbing Tony in the chest or the head with the pole but of course he only stabbed him in the arm which made it useless, Tony dropped it because it wouldn't have done him any good to have a broken arm attached to him. Hulk has actually one shot and entire HB suit when Tony tried to change suits during their fight. The suit only has so many spare parts before it would have run out of them, so yea if the fight had gone longer Tony would have been scrapped.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it looked like Tony dominated that fight. He wasn't trying to hurt the Hulk, he was trying to calm him down and movie him away. Without trying, he was stalemating the Hulk and then he won. Frankly, this movie leads me to believe Stark is the strongest Avenger.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, seemed to me everything Iron Man threw at the Hulk wasn't stopping him. Hulk was even the first to recover when they went thru that giant skyscraper under construction, and then Iron Man cheat shotted him. Had Tony not had VERONICA feeding him replacement parts during the fight he would of been scrap.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony never defeated Thor, he has never hurt Thor, and he never had the upper hand against Thor.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@xlr87t3: He did hurt him. But yeah, Thor is quiet a bit stronger.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: All Ironman did was throw Thor around and piss him off. Thor was never hurt, not even when Ironman was charged up to 400%.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman fight hulk until he calmed down nobody won

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I believe for the purpose of the plot Iron Man had to win even though I wasn't too satisfied with the outcome.

Avatar image for sodabiscuit12345
sodabiscuit12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sodabiscuit12345

Still really irritating.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asisuspected:

Sorry for replying very very late but I see it like this.

In the comics when hulk is fighting someone many aspects of his opponent are ignored or written as non factor. He gets a ways with some pretty bad cheese.

In the movie you can't do that or visually what you get is extremely cartoonish, like the mask where they just say eff physics anything goes.

With that in mind we have three things at play. The hulk buster was much larger, versatile, and faster than the hulk.

This meant that iron man used the weight of the suit to consistently toss banner around regardless of how strong he is, hulk buster is bigger and wieghed more so he kind of bullied him. This is how it is, you can be as strong as you want, but going against someone heavier than you puts you at a disadvantage.

His speed allowed him to hit first and often. And really if you pay attention to the fight he never really beat on hulk that bad. He more or less kept him off balance and timed his attacks. There was a lot of flying him around to keep him from planting and punching. A lot of hitting him with strong singke kicks or punches to knock him off his feet.

It also helped that Starks had a counter for the damage hulk did with the floating repair station.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodabiscuit12345 said:

Terrible.

Dear f*cking god!

lol