#1 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've seen, about 80% of the folks on CV hate the Hulk. Why do folks go around constantly bashing him??? Seriously, he's a really interesting.

It just pisses me off because the people who bash him usually don't know anything about him. He's a great character...why do folks hate him so much??

#2 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12248 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't hate the hulk that is for sure.

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he is.

#4 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Idk man, from the people I've seen on here they go around talking about how dumb of a character he is. I don't think everyone dislikes him but I'd say a good majority.

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as Hulk is incredibly underrated on here (IMO), I wouldn't say he's the most hated. Someone like Squirrel Girl will hold that title.

#6 Edited by JediXMan (29654 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and Storm probably rank up there.

I never liked Hulk much to begin with. Fanboys made me dislike him.

#7 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: See that's the thing, Batman, Wolverine, Thor and Storm have fanboys just as bad if not worse. Yet aside from Wolverine, I've never seen hate for any of those.

#8 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I agree that he's underrated as a character, I hate Squirrel Girl so maybe your right.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32848 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: Well if it makes you feel better I detest Thor

#10 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's the worst character, ever. He used to be cool when he was just an angry green guy, but went downhill when his strength became limitless and when the Hulk himself became a seperate being from Bruce Banner. He's like Pre-crisis Superman. His limits are what the plot sees fit. One day he's lifting a tank, then a building, then an island, then he's punching planets in half. What's the reason? Oh, because his anger is limitless too, for some reason. I liked WWH, but that's it. Mind you, I didn't read many Hulk comics.

#11 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I'm not trying to bash Thor or any other character, I just see a lot more people hate Hulk than like him y'know?

#12 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: See, that's what I mean. You say that you think Hulk is the worst character ever, but then you say that you hardly read his comics.

Hulk is deep, dark and epic. The character dynamic between Hulk and Banner is incredible, his stories are about the struggle within as well as finding your place in a world that hates you. It's epic! I do agree that Hulk/Banner being separated was kinda stupid though.

#13 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: A lot of characters are like that. I just don't care enough about Hulk to read his titles. That's just me though.

#14 Posted by waezi2 (6852 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem with Hulk is that righters cant agree on who the hell he is.

#15 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

My problem with Hulk is that righters cant agree on who the hell he is.

Yeah, One minute he's just a personality created from all the pain and anger in Banner's life (an extension of Banner like how he always should be). Next he's a completely seperate entity that's just living in Banner's body.

#16 Edited by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and Storm due to some bad debates in the early days of the Comicvine.

#17 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of Hulk. I think its because he just seems kinda cheesy. I don't like the whole getting more power from being angry to the point where hes totally unstoppable, that kind of rage cant be good for your heart, at what point does he just drop dead from a massive heart attack?

But I also don't read any Hulk stuff so maybe hes really awesome, but I don't know I just cant get into him.

#18 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7585 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#19 Posted by Z3RO180 (6324 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I don't have a problem with him Rob Liefield get a hella lot of hate

#20 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of Hulk. I think its because he just seems kinda cheesy. I don't like the whole getting more power from being angry to the point where hes totally unstoppable, that kind of rage cant be good for your heart, at what point does he just drop dead from a massive heart attack?

But I also don't read any Hulk stuff so maybe hes really awesome, but I don't know I just cant get into him.

#21 Posted by Bruxae (12649 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hulk.

I see more Superman haters.

#22 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

People hate hulk on the vine? I shall smite thee.

#23 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Hulk because people think he's unstoppable just because he has strength. There are tons of characters that could solo him who don't possess the same strength as him. Some fanboys think that Hulk could literally take on TOAA. It's just dumb. I mean, I'm sure he has good stories, but I don't think they're for me.