Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome back to Hulk Rants. Today, Hulk talk about thoughts on Ultimate Spiderman as well as Hulk's thoughts on haters of the show.'

Hulk watch any video without seeing comments saying how they hate this show and they want Spectacular Spiderman back. Hulk admit, Spectacular Spiderman was pretty much the best Spiderman show ever, but seriously, it's done, Over. Get over it. Hulk watch and like Ultimate Spiderman, flaws and all. Hulk not just saying that because of fact that Hulk show up twice in show. Hulk say it because he like Spiderman, or Bug-Man, as Hulk sometimes call him. Hulk watch anything with Bug-Man in it.

Did puny humans complain about excess censorship in 90's show? No. Did puny humans complain about over-simplification of the 60's show and the awkward poses? No. In fact, puny humans embraced it in form of meme. So, why complain now?

Plus, puny humans complain over smallest things. Take Venom in the show for example. They go into berserk rage just because he say "I". Why does this matter? Hulk don't get. Venom have said I before, Hulk think. Hulk remember Ultimate Spiderman video game from long ago and a few times Venom refer to himself as "me". Why it matter if he say "we" or "I"? Hulk think as long as Venom still symbiote creature that bonds with people, is a supervillain and has superhuman powers, Hulk alright with it. If they took Venom and turned him into a creature created from dog feces, then Hulk would complain.]

Overall, if you no like Ultimate Spiderman, don't watch it. There no reason for you to go in just to complain. Let people who enjoy it, like Hulk, enjoy it.

#1 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

Hulk watch any video without seeing comments saying how they hate this show and they want Spectacular Spiderman back. Hulk admit, Spectacular Spiderman was pretty much the best Spiderman show ever, but seriously, it's done, Over. Get over it. Hulk watch and like Ultimate Spiderman, flaws and all. Hulk not just saying that because of fact that Hulk show up twice in show. Hulk say it because he like Spiderman, or Bug-Man, as Hulk sometimes call him. Hulk watch anything with Bug-Man in it.

Everyone likes Spider-man. If you've become a fan of comics in the last ten to twenty years or so, chances are Spider-man was involved in some way at some point. And people complain about Ultimate Spider-man not because they think it's a bad show, but because it's taking the place of a BETTER show. If Spectacular had never existed, or was running alongside Ultimate, no one would say a word. But BECAUSE Spectacular was canceled just so Ultimate could take its place, people are complaining about it. Frankly, I don't think it would matter if they removed the kiddy stuff from Ultimate. It would still be standing in the Spectacular shadow of it's predecessor, and found wanting because of it.

Did puny humans complain about excess censorship in 90's show? No. Did puny humans complain about over-simplification of the 60's show and the awkward poses? No. In fact, puny humans embraced it in form of meme. So, why complain now?

Because the nineties show didn't have blatant censorship, such that it intruded on the show's flow. Sure it was odd that all bad guys who should have had firearms had high tech laser guns instead, but that was acceptable in the Marvel Universe they had. When censorship was necessary, it was generally unobtrusive, or at least made sense in context. The exceptions were just that, exceptions, rather than the rule. And as for the 60's show, that was a product of it's era, and has only been brought to meme status with the CREATION of memes, a good thirty to forty years after it's time. Perhaps Ultimate will share a similar benefit in hindsight, but that's a bit too far forward to think about while the absence of Spectacular is still stinging.

Plus, puny humans complain over smallest things. Take Venom in the show for example. They go into berserk rage just because he say "I". Why does this matter? Hulk don't get. Venom have said I before, Hulk think. Hulk remember Ultimate Spiderman video game from long ago and a few times Venom refer to himself as "me". Why it matter if he say "we" or "I"? Hulk think as long as Venom still symbiote creature that bonds with people, is a supervillain and has superhuman powers, Hulk alright with it.

Because the whole 'we' thing has always been a symbol of Venom, almost a defining characteristic. Him using 'we' is a constant reminder that this isn't some average supervillain, there is a person in there, and there's the creature using the person. Him saying 'we' is basically the equivalent of saying, "There's two of us, and only one of you. What chance have you got?" Picture Captain America and Spider-man standing together against some normal supervillain, and both of them saying that together. Kind of intimidating, isn't it? Same basic principle, if not powerset. And that's not the only reason behind the 'we'. When fighting Spider-man, the 'we' reminds Spidey, "Hey, Parker. You remember this black monster you brought back to Earth? Well it ran amuck after you abandoned it, and now snagged another poor sap. You ruined this person's life because you couldn't wait to get back home to change your costume." That reminder that this isn't some single, unified, creature, it's two separate entities, is horrifying to Peter, because one of those entities WOULDN'T BE HERE IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM. So you can understand how some people might be annoyed that such a character trait was removed.

#2 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. That lecture you make was very informative. Bravo. Bravo. While it no change Hulk's opinion of the show itself, Hulk can see what haters' problem is.

#3 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Because the whole 'we' thing has always been a symbol of Venom, almost a defining characteristic. Him using 'we' is a constant reminder that this isn't some average supervillain, there is a person in there, and there's the creature using the person. Him saying 'we' is basically the equivalent of saying, "There's two of us, and only one of you. What chance have you got?" Picture Captain America and Spider-man standing together against some normal supervillain, and both of them saying that together. Kind of intimidating, isn't it? Same basic principle, if not powerset. And that's not the only reason behind the 'we'. When fighting Spider-man, the 'we' reminds Spidey, "Hey, Parker. You remember this black monster you brought back to Earth? Well it ran amuck after you abandoned it, and now snagged another poor sap. You ruined this person's life because you couldn't wait to get back home to change your costume." That reminder that this isn't some single, unified, creature, it's two separate entities, is horrifying to Peter, because one of those entities WOULDN'T BE HERE IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM. So you can understand how some people might be annoyed that such a character trait was removed.

Just want to state that that's probably the best character assessment of Venom of ever read, and not only explains why the "we" is so crucial to the character but also showcases why he legitimately belongs alongside Green Goblin as Peter's greatest villain.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12699 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a show for kids. In two years there will probably another new Spider-Mn show anyways. People just need to get over it .

#5 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

Hulk talk Hulk's thoughts Hulk watch Hulk admit Hulk not just saying Hulk say it Hulk don't get Hulk think Hulk think Hulk would complain Hulk, enjoy it

Man doesn't that get tiring?

#6 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk: Kinda off topic, but excited for SHIELD show to come round?

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23974 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate the show...I just don't like it.

#8 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I don't hate the show...I just don't like it.

Pretty much same for me.

#9 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

Wow. That lecture you make was very informative. Bravo. Bravo. While it no change Hulk's opinion of the show itself, Hulk can see what haters' problem is.

Wow, a comic fan that's open to constructive criticism and actually reads what other people have to say? TheHulk has earned a new follower here.

Bravo, for showing some class.

#10 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk also forgot another thing. Some haters even complain that it not dark and gritty. Newsflash: Not every superhero-related thing has to be dark, gritty and brooding. This show proved that.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

today I watched the Iron Man crossover episode, and it could be my country's voice actors, who are genius and very improv prone, but I actually enjoyed it

#12 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk forgot another thing. Hulk also think that people have problems with change. Like making Harry Venom, or Green Goblin looking like his Ultimate counterpart. Hulk actually liked how they mixed the look of the Ultimate Goblin with the weapons of the regular Goblin.

Hulk think people just have problem with changing the characters around a little.