Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.. Do you like the show?

MisterGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.. Do you like the show? (34 votes)

Yes 12%
No 41%
It's alright 15%
Haven't seen it, but I'm interested 24%
Not interested 9%

• 
tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's the blue guy?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

She Hulks looks hot.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I really wanted to like it but it kinda sucks.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Spideysense44

Abomb is uncalled for hate him he needs to die

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

What are they wearing?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's the best show out of what Marvel's animation is doing at the moment. Ultimate Spider-Man is an aimless, childish bore with a non existent plot, garish action and forced humour. Avengers Assemble juggles multiple plots and mostly wooden acting along with unnecessary likenesses to the film. So Agents of SMASH is actually the best of the bunch. It tries to tell a story, the characters are decently portrayed and there's some funny stuff. It's not anywhere near great but it's an alright show to watch.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger:

Good analysis, and the your new avatar looks incredible.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I nicked it from @deranged_midget's supply of Superman AVs. It's by no means the best Marvel show ever but compared to Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man, it's somewhat appealing and tolerable at least.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger said:

It's the best show out of what Marvel's animation is doing at the moment.

Can't say I agree with that statement. Avengers at least somewhat tries to replicate what the film captured so well. I have NO idea where the performances are coming from to influence the hilarity that Hulk and the Agents of SMASH displays.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

@lvenger said:

It's the best show out of what Marvel's animation is doing at the moment. Ultimate Spider-Man is an aimless, childish bore with a non existent plot, garish action and forced humour. Avengers Assemble juggles multiple plots and mostly wooden acting along with unnecessary likenesses to the film. So Agents of SMASH is actually the best of the bunch. It tries to tell a story, the characters are decently portrayed and there's some funny stuff. It's not anywhere near great but it's an alright show to watch.

I'm on the other end. I think this show is awful. While it has a story and some decent voice actors, (Tantacore is a great Hulk, and Eliza Dushku I can see doing Shulkie, and Seth Green is always funny), it doesn't pan out. Hulk is incredibly pessimistic to me. Hulk needs the best pilot he knows and gets She-Hulk? Ross is way too Loebish for my taste. I can deal with Ultimate Spider-Man a bit. It's light hearted and such, isn't meant to be really serious. If anything, I am liking Avengers Assemble the most. I think the VA's are doing well on their roles. Thor has that tone for his character. I love virtually every character Jennifer Hale has done, and she does a great Black Widow. I can see Cap's VA being Cap. Hulk actually seems like Hulk to me. The new Tony guy is meh and I don't like them forcing Falcon on us. But so far I've liked the fights. The show was originally supposed to be like a tie in to the movie anyway, so the comparison will be there.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Yeah, the only thing that has kept me with Hulk thus far is the voice actors. Seth Green is awesome but the characterization is absolutely cringe worthy.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PeppeyHare

Avengers assemble is clearly the best show out right now. Show me another cartoon where you can watch two of the world's greatest heroes fight over cookies!

Seriously though this show is pretty awful

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I've only seen one episode, and didn't like it. It's just too childish for me, I'm not its target demographic.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

@deranged_midget:

Agreed. And while AA does have some out of character moments, at least I find it funny because of the fact I know the real characterization. Hulk and Thor fighting over cookies. Hulk spazzing out because Hawkeye at the peanut butter. And my favorite was when Sam was in his room and started messing with glass animals. Hulk comes up behind him and tells him to never speak about it. And then 2 minutes later you will get Hulk dropping a building on someone. The difference is Hulk: Agents of Smash is literally building a continuity on out of character moments. Avengers Assemble throws some in for comic relief, but they stay mostly true to the film which had some moments themselves for comic relief.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @deranged_midget: Interesting thoughts on Agents of SMASH. But as I said before, AA has too wooden acting for my taste and a poor handling of the characters. Not to mention it juggles multiple plots randomly. And Ultimate Spider-Man is even worse in my eyes because there is no real plot or direction to that show. It's incredibly childish and doesn't achieve anything. At least Agents of SMASH tries to do something creative which is more than can be said for the other two.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: My biggest problem is that I want to Agents of Smash but it just doesn't have identify what kind of show it wants to be. At moments, you'll like some enormous action scene will go down between Hulk and the big bad and then half a second later, Rick trips into the scene making a poorly placed joke. The pacing is completely off, the characters are poorly portrayed in comparison to their counterparts. Hulk is Hulk and clearly they've taken some cues from Pak's later run but Ross? It's like a completely different character entirely.

Avengers Assemble doesn't really take itself as seriously as EMH did for example but when it comes down to it, AA can really dish out some impressive action scenes and jokes that can appeal to comic fans and it's target audience.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Its not terrible but it could be way better.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 god_spawn  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@god_spawn: @deranged_midget: Interesting thoughts on Agents of SMASH. But as I said before, AA has too wooden acting for my taste and a poor handling of the characters. Not to mention it juggles multiple plots randomly. And Ultimate Spider-Man is even worse in my eyes because there is no real plot or direction to that show. It's incredibly childish and doesn't achieve anything. At least Agents of SMASH tries to do something creative which is more than can be said for the other two.

I wouldn't call it creative, I'd call them trying to do something different. Different doesn't always mean creative. I don't see them making the characters the characters. But to each their own.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Ironically enough, the exact same thing can be said for Agents of Smash and to an even worse degree in my opinion. Some shows go off script for good fun and to make things interesting, but S.M.A.S.H. just absolutely butchers the characters it's "supposedly" based off. There's no originality or creativity to it. It's as if the creators disregard the fact that fans of the comics may actually watch the show entirely. It's almost insulting really.

You know me, I am a massive Spider-Man fan and while I don't think Ultimate Spider-Man is the ideal show on the market, nor does it really come close, but at least it's moderately amusing at times and aims to be wackier than it's predecessors. That's their intention and while I don't agree with the direction, it kind of works.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I see where you're coming from though. It's just that the other two don't gel with me all that well.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I also see what you're saying but neither show really appeals to me that much whereas SMASH is slightly more entertaining at times. But that's just me.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: I also see what you're saying but neither show really appeals to me that much whereas SMASH is slightly more entertaining at times. But that's just me.

Hey dude, that's all good! That's your opinion! I'm just pointing out what concerns me thus far with the show. :)

glclemg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By glclemg

Young Justice was pretty good but they stopped making the series. I tried to watch Hulk but it was kinda lame.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@lvenger said:

I actually agree with you, Hulk (from what I've seen) is better than USM and AA. None are my cup of tea though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@the_stegman: Yeah Agents of SMASH is far from a great cartoon but it's the best out of a rotten bunch for me. Damn I wish Marvel still had Spectacular Spider-Man and EMH to use in a combined animated universe :(