How would you create an escape-proof prison?

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theodixon9

Bad guys are always escaping from prison in comics. You take your eyes of criminals for one minute and they are back out, terrorizing helpless citizens and robbing major banks. If you were in charge of keeping supervillains locked up how would you do it? Below are a some rules to make sure things aren't too easy for you:

• No sending villains to dimensions like the Phantom Zone, where they need no food, water or caring for
  • Fictional materials like Adamantium may be used, however your prison must not be really, really expensive
  • Guards may be armed with fictional weapons, but within reason (i.e. every guard cannot be given a Green Power Ring)
  • New rule: try to be as humane as possible

There the only rules I can think of at the moment. Just a little bit of extra information for you:

• The prisoners will range in levels from Bullseye to Loki. It will have to contend with all kinds of bad guys including Symbiotes, magicians and super speedsters.
  • As I stated before, the price of the prison must be practical
  • The prison doesn't actually have to be "escape-proof", just difficult to escape from

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jeepeh

@theodixon9: Kill them.

Alternatively-

Adamantium table with a hole in it for excrement. Adamantium lock across the entire body. Bolt their mouth shut. Inject them with Wolverine's DNA giving them a healing factor then fill the place with Acid (Thereby deterring people trying to help him out). A tube attached to the mouth lock for food purposes. Aizen hypnotizes them to think *censored* so they never want to escape to begin with. And all of this is located at the center of the Earth. But doing that didn't break the budget. I had Superman fly it there, totally free. ^_^ Oh and Spartans are the guards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd take the most dangerous villains and cram them in an Adamantium dome with no hope of escape. They'd get the bare essentials passed down to them but from there it's survival of the fittest.

I'd hire guys like Midnighter, Luther Strode, Venom ect with lightsabers to guard the prison.

For regular prisoners.. I dunno. It's hard to make a cost-effective unescapable prison. Give me lots of money and I can do it. Give me a reasonable amount and I can't

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A pit of bucky balls.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Place them in a high tech coffin.. under suspended animation.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

shoot them in the head with an adamantium bullet

no one escape death

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Big castle then put a dragon in front of it. Your set. But it won't be protected from ogres, talking donkeys, Hobbits, Dwarves and teenage wizards!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Let this guy run it...

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

1. Build it properly, no pig iron and modified mansions from the 19th century.
  2. Give it a proper budget to run on; they need special stuff to keep special people locked up, pay for it
  3. Hire competent staff that arent at risk of becoming an inmate in the near future
  4. Have proper protocols for handling the special cases, and make damn sure your staff follows them each and every time.
  5. Have a zero tolerance towards the specials; they try to break out, staff is automatically authorized to kill them if needed.
Jack_Lokison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some sort of pitch black massive field with LEGO surrounding the prisoners. they can just throw food over the lego and the prisoners can dig there own poop holes

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: So...just do the opposite of Gotham City? :P

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@theodixon9:

Induce the death Penalty. Hell can be their prison.

we can try to make it a little humane. like they will only be up for the death penalty after the first escape attempt or something like that.

seriously with the options of long term incarceration versus death, no questions asked. im sure escape attempts will go waaaaay down.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Honestly, Iron Heights did a pretty decent job in terms of housing super criminals as they were able to hold the Rogues & Professor Zoom.

I'd probably build an upgraded version of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The key to a good prison isnt making super high walls, it's busting morale and making the prisoners work against each other.

Basically, I'd have it set up where they all get a basic cell with a cardboard bed and a bucket to crap in, thats it. To get more stuff, the prisoners have to inform me (the warden) about the various going-on's of the other prisoners, so i can foil them.

For good intel, they get rewarded, incrementally of course. They'd get an actual bed, or a toilet, or better food etc. For really good stuff (escape attempts) they get moved to the luxury cell for a period of time, with a king size waterbed, plasma screen tv with all the video games, a private chef to cater all their meals and even some time with a few "ladies of the evening".

For bad intel, or lying to me, they get punished based on severity. Saying "I didnt see anything" gets you a beating, or things get taken from your cell, like your bed or toilet or etc. Keep goofing up, and we deny you sleep, showers, food and even water. Strike a guard or attempt to escape, and you get tossed in the hole for a period, up to a week at a time. No food, no water, no toilet, no sleep, in a 4x3 metal box out in the hot sun all day, and cold as ice at night.

All prisoners would have to work for about 12 hours a day as well. Hard manual labor, until the physically can't do it, at which point they'd be doing taxes or massive amounts of paperwork. They don't get paid, but as part of the reward/punishment system, they can get better work details for good intel, and worse ones/longer hours for bad intel.

As for the prison itself, just a very basic design in the most geographically plain area i could find. There would be absolutely nothing remarkable about the prison itself or the area it is in. All the prisoners wear grey jumpsuits and flipflops, while the guards wear black uniforms with face coverings. Prisoners are cuffed at all times except for working, eating, or in their cells. They may not speak unless spoken to, and any deviation from a guard's instructions gets you a beat down, and if you even take a step off of an assigned path, you are shot on site. Zero tolerance for fights either.

My guards would carry Phaser Rifles, and vibranium batons.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yeah, for prisoners like Symboites and aliens, lock em in a adamantium coffin, put it in suspended animation, and bury it 9 feet under solid rock. No other way to handle them...

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just kill the criminals.

Boom no prisoners that'll escape and no prisons that could be escaped from.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do to the prisoner what they did to Prime

Redskull490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A prison mixed with various other prisons and hell (from hellraiser).

there will be a 2 wardens. One North and the other south.

No Caption Provided

and

Pinhead

No Caption Provided

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theodixon9

Some pretty..err...violent methods here. At least they're effective (although I don't know what human rights campaigners would think about them).

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make it of adamantium and place it in the negative zone like hank pim did in emh

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Keep all prisoners in stasis while being 'indoctrinated' to become useful members of society

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: You are allowed other dimensions as long as it's not some place where you don't need any sustenance or never age (otherwise you could just leave bad guys there never to return). Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodixon9:

the best would be specailsed "wings"for the prsion for example an Anti magic wing for magic villans composed of Fuda ( sealing charms) cold iron and outher magic weaking compontinets ( which are suprseingly cheap) with the added secruaity of case by case bindings

in the physacal wing we can use a case by case bases class 10 and under will be bound with simple walls and shock collars ( bound unter the skin)

class 20 -40 will also be bound also with the necessary shock collars and explosives ( designed so that even the slights tampering they will blow shaped charges desgined to be more than enough to be lethal they will be bound most of the time in cells with gel reinforcements ( the harder they hit it the harder it becomes) and it is sensative enough to detect an attempted break out which will send in a guard division to deal with the break out

class 50 and above will be suspended in gel feed air food and water with tubes the walls of said tube will be real life bomb proof glass (cheap and thick) well out of reach any attemp to get close will be met with electric force of an apropirti amont to KO the professior in question

TP based prsiors will have TP restaints bolted in and explosive shaped charges in the restraints that at the slightest touch will take them out

Power based prsiors will need a case by case bases for their powers

most importiently the Guards will have two types the driods and tenders and the active combat teams

the drioids will be composed of commando driods from star wars Geth troopers and Primes all armed with weapons desgined to take down their sectors prisoners ( cold iron nith metals for magic in example) and with specfic modifacations for their secdions and all armed with tamper proof selff destruct sitwiches to stop hacking atemps

the tenders will be AI who monator the prsionrs 24/7 and see everyone that moves and judges if they are thearts or not and will have very itchy trigger fingers on sending the driods in to double check their susbisions

the True guards will be high tier fighters if available failing that they will be case by case fighters with gear designed to take out spefic prsionrs

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've said kill them cause you can't escape Death but comic book characters don't die permanently so I'd create a mind prison where everyone gets what they want so they would never try to escape, they won't even know that they are in a prison.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

It's called death.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@rustyroy said:

I would've said kill them cause you can't escape Death but comic book characters don't die permanently so I'd create a mind prison where everyone gets what they want so they would never try to escape, they won't even know that they are in a prison.

Pretty sure Uncle Ben isn't coming back anytime soon :(

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't kill them they would only come back as spider man... I think wish fulfilment is the best prison, better then life, stick them in e matrix and let them live a life where they think they have escaped and are on the rampage.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie:

untill one of them becomes "The One" and proceeds to cause a mass break out and has attained reailaty warping powers

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: well yeah, but till that happens it would be an ace prison.... Also learning lessons from the matrix you just make life hell and then they won't have time to revolt, maybe a virtual real world where nuclear holocaust occurs, or maybe a super volcano. If people are struggling day to day to get by then they won't even realise its a virtual reality ;)

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MetalJimmor

There is absolutely no way to be cost effective at containing supervillains like Reverse Flash or General Zod. You'll need some sort of fancy comic tech device to contain them.

That being said, a shrink ray is a pretty standard comicbook device. I'm certain Atom or Ant-Man would be willing to donate one to the cause, and it'd settle a lot of problems with escapees.

Every villain captured is shrunk down to be roughly one inch tall by a shrink ray that requires four ten inch keys to activate that are carried by four separate security officers simultaneously. Each key is that size specifically to make them unwieldy for someone of the shrunken size, and the four key holes are on opposite sides of the chamber that houses the shrink ray in the center of the room. Unless the escapee has telekinesis the task of activating the shrink ray alone would be impossible at that size, not to mention needing some form of flight just to reach the keyholes. On top of that the shrink ray's "Grow" switch will just set off the security alarm. It's a shrink ray. All it does is shrink. If someone gets shrunk by accident they have to be taken to a different, hidden facility to be regrown.

Once the prisoner has been reduced to the proper side they are contained inside a jar of a fitting substance to hold them. Because they are so small it'd be far more cost effective to build containers out of the likes of adamantium for the particularly powerful villains. Then the villain will be transported to a miniature, but still fully functional, correctional facility and placed in a cell designed to contain their mini selves. This facility is on a pedestal that is five feet off the ground and suspended over a small pond filled with piranha that stretches out for about twenty feet in all directions. Guards use an extendable bridge to transport criminals that can only be operated from one side.There will also be trained hunting hawks in the room ready to intercept flyers, and ten guards at all times to watch the facility itself.

The prisoners are mostly allowed to free roam with the exception of the very dangerous ones, and are fed via compartments in the miniature prison's roof that allows the food bowls to be traded out and adorable hamster water bottles filled. They also get a revolving wheel to jog on.

Not only is it difficult to escape alive, but even if the villain does escape you have an adorable mini version that is massively less powerful than the original to deal with, as their physical attributes would decrease with their size. Superman won't have much of a problem fighting a one inch tall Zod.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Pretty sure Martian Manhunter and Stargirl escaped from that.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strongarm

@theodixon9:

No Caption Provided

do what the brits did with their crazies back in the 1800's lobotomy via trepaning the skull, remove their ability to think/function normally. Turm them into harmless starfish.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cjdavis103
theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Pretty sure Martian Manhunter and Stargirl escaped from that.

Sorry for the late reply, I never saw the notification. I haven't been reading any of the JL comics so I don't what kind of prison was that. Btw I meant that the prison will make the prisoner's dream come true, so he wouldn't want to escape from that.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

@rd189: thank god you don't run a prison in real life!

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah, that's what it was (in some cases). Lile, Shazam was put in a city that kept rebuilding itself, so he could just play around with his powers. Also, that's the plot of one of the Morrison JLA arcs, if I recall correctly. Like, Superman was still on Krypton (which never exploded) and became a Green Lantern, Batman was married to Catwoman and had a kid. Something like that. Point is, it's happened before. But that can be said about a lot of stories.