#1 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

What would YOU do if you were given complete control over all future DC movies? Where would you go from here? What movies would you release? Who would direct/produce? As for me, I would use the upcoming Man of Steel as the 'Iron Man for my franchise. It would be followed by a Flash Movie (with a Hal/GL Cameo) and Wonder Woman movie along with a solid Green Lantern sequel and Batman reboot to set up the JL movie. (Secret Origins adaption with setup for Cadmus) The next step would be giving the lesser known characters, Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, and The Question, a shot. My Magnum Opus would be an adaption of Blackest Night.

#2 Posted by ghost_runner (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I would start from Man of steel too, but than reboot batman with a story and tone very similar to Arkham city, than I would release a wonder woman movie with her as an already established super hero in the universe (meaning we dont see her origin) also with the tone similar to the current wonder woman story arc. Flash and Green lantern both get movies but they serve mostly to set up their character and their friendship. Than a Superman Batman movie to test the waters, than an epic Justice League movie where we introduce Martian Man hunter.

#3 Edited by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Of Steel

Batman Reboot

Justice League Movie

The Flash

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Green lantern

Teen Titans

Lobo

#4 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

batman and robin reboot(why not since nolan took a crap on robin in TDKR we need to bring the real robin into the movies)

the flash

wonder woman

justice league

swamp thing

#5 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Before every film begins people need to see some sort of comic book ad and a toll-free number for finding a comic shop.

Green Lantern - The Emerald Crusader - Green Lantern reboot similar to Marvel's The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Wonder Woman

Flash

The Bat - Batman Reboot

Justice League

The World's Mightiest Mortal - Captain Marvel film

#6 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

Wonder Woman

Flash

Justice League

no waaaaaaays is another Batman film needed

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Of Steel (2013) 
Wonder Woman (2014) 
Green Lantern 2:Rise of the Sinestro Corps (2014) 
Flash (2015) 
The Batman (2016) 
Justice League(2016)

#8 Posted by Jaymundo (168 posts) - - Show Bio

After Man of Steel I would get a Wonder Woman origin film out there and establish her as crucial part of the DCU, I would reference Batman loosely and have nods towards Superman where needed. Next I would release a Flash origin movie and follow that up with a rebooted version of Green Lantern.

With Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern all out there I'd go against what was expected and launch the JLA movie, have an enemy such as Darksied or Doomsday and have Batman introduced halfway through to instigate the turning point, complete the trinity and save the day.

I'd have Kevin Smith write and direct as he is a massive DC fan and cares so much about the source material that he once threw away the chance to work on a Superman movie because he didn't agree with the changes the studio wanted to make.

So there is my vision, mix it up and just go for it, probably wouldn't beat the Marvel movies but would still show DC is a key player in the comic book movie world.

#9 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8820 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd start with Man of Steel as well and focus on a making a movie where superman can finally be Superman. Have him fight giant robots, catch a metorite and fling it in the sun. Do everything and make it all part of a plot: Braniac is testing the Kryptonian to see if he's unique and powerful enough to be assimilated. End the story with an epic fight inside the Braniac base.

Batman's movie and reboot should feature one of his most fantastical villains like poison Ivy or Victor Freeze. Build the movie to gradually show a supernatural threat growing (not in the magical sense but in the beyond human sense). Make sure the movie highlights superior intelligence, planning and super-tech overcoming an inhuman foe.

Wonder Woman's movie should basically be a greek epic, have her slay Hydras, outwit cyclopses and journey to Olympus and back. And yet at the end it's a bittersweet story.

Flash should be his origin, well done

Same with GL, and not Hal Jordan. He sucks

Introduce MM in the JL movie

#10 Edited by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: There needs to be an Aquaman movie too. He's a founding member of the Justice League. He can't be omitted.

@Crom-Cruach: I couldn't disagree with you more. Every Green Lantern character besides Hal Jordan sucks. He's the only interesting character out of the four of them. Guy Gardner needs to die. He's annoying. John Stewart is boring and Kyle Rayner is lame.

#11 Posted by Darman456 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd start, of course, with Man of Steel. So, obviously, this just released. From here? This is what I would do...

Man of Tomorrow (Man of Steel 2)

This movie would see another huge threat come out. I'd have Lex Luthor start to utilize his corporate power to find a way to harness alien power. He decides that he'll use the divine gods power to destroy "gods" on Earth, who have destroyed the planet and killed thousands of people. He plans to eradicate the new species. Trying to harness god powers, this brings in Wonder Woman to help Superman. However, Luthor is actually eventually able to harness the power of the gods and fights break out. Wonder Woman is beat nearly to death by Luthor in the suit that harnesses the gods powers. Superman manages to defeat him through much pain himself, as he is vulnerable to magic. Luthor, however, makes bail because he has the funds to get out of any situation.

The Batman (Batman Reboot)

This movie would show that Batman has been active since the huge alien invasion a couple months ago (this coincides with the Man of Tomorrow's events). Batman adopts his cape to find out about the Court of the Owls. This brings back memories of his parents being murdered and what he went through. Due to much physical and psychological damage, the Court of the Owls begin to win in fights against Batman. However, Batman manages to turn the tide and the Court of the Owls go to Central City. Batman tracks them down and joins a young cop to take them down. However, the Court, with all their surreal powers, grant the cop powers and put him under their control. Batman manages to remove the Court's control over him. Together, Batman and the cop take down the Court in the end. Batman notices that a date that the cop said he couldn't miss is about to be missed. He talks to him about it and the cop simply replies that he needn't worry because he'll be there in a "Flash". He leaves and Batman goes back to the cave where he finds the young boy he has just adopted playing with the television.

Justice League

Having introduced Flash and Wonder Woman in the Batman and Superman films, the Justice League film is ready to go two years after those films are released. The movie starts with the Green Lanterns fighting a huge alien threat, determined to head towards Earth. One of the Lanterns is brought with the alien down to Earth. The Lantern is killed after a battle in Coast City in which the marines show up. That's when John Stewart is granted the power of the ring. Doomsday manages to defeat (and seemingly kill) all of the marines. However, John Stewart survives. Knowing the magnitude of the threat he faces alone, he decides to go around on a goose chase to get Batman and Superman. These three all fight Doomsday. Doomsday, however, manages to beat all of them until Superman, in one last desperate action, throws Doomsday into the moon. Doomsday punches Superman into the ocean. Batman later says that he can't read any signs of life for Superman. Wonder Woman is shown fighting Doomsday again on the news. Batman says that he knows someone who can help and even made a suit for him. Batman delivers "Flash" his suit to come with Green Lantern and himself to combat Doomsday. However, Doomsday, in Central City this time, manages to beat down all of them, ready to kill the last man standing: Green Lantern. That's when Superman flies in and rallies all the members of the Justice League and together they take down Doomsday. Superman and Batman both promote his detention and decide to detain him in space. Batman and Superman also decide that is best if a team were formed between all of them should something like that happen again. Everyone agrees and the movie ends.

THEN, I would do spinoff films for Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. I'd also have Superman and Batman go back to their respective franchises. After Justice League 2, I would remove Superman from the mix and have a Batman conclusion with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash having all back to back films, one year after the other, to have Justice League 3 conclude the series of threes.

#12 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

BANE

BANE: Knightfall

BANE 2

BANE:Growing up is tough.

BANE: BREAKING THE BAT (DOCUMENTARY)

BANE: Secret six

And finnaly a Bane TV show

Lobo

Parasite

Doomsday

THE QUESTION

Deathstroke

Green Arrow

ATROCITUS

BEACH HEAD GUNG HO AND ROADBLOCK MOVIE

KILLER CROC

SNAKE EYES

I'm sure there more but you know

#13 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter beats everyone for three hours

#14 Edited by jimmy11 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond

#15 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

How about, NO MORE BATMAN MOVIES.

Holy shit. DC has other characters. Just throwin that out there.

If any character needs a reboot, then give it to one who got a shit movie the first time. Green Lantern.

#16 Edited by JulieDC (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, finally at my laptop, I'm gonna change my answer so as to go more indepth.

First, I would reboot the all of the movies so that each movie could be planned with the idea of them crossing over similar to Marvel. Also, I feel that all the DC films have been too dark to really work with my vision of how a DC cinematic universe could work.

I would reboot Batman and Superman so as to learn more about the two characters through how others see them. With Batman, I would focus more on Dick Grayson's origin story and how it relates to Batman. This movie would achieve learning more about Batman through the eyes of Dick as well as a chance to hopefully change peoples misconceptions about Robin by updating him from his previous live action incarnations. I also would like to set the tone that this won't be gritty, edgy realism similar to Nolan's interpretation but instead would focus on the superhero feel from the comics.

With Superman, I would do a film that is similar to Superman: For All Seasons. Rather than focus on Superman and his origins and his becoming Superman, I would focus more on how others around him have perceived him.

I would then do a Batman/Superman film so that people can see that Batman and Superman can in fact exist in the same live action universe.

After that, I would create a Justice League film that focuses on the introduction of Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Aquaman. Superman and Batman would be "our" eyes in terms of meeting these characters. Doing this instead of individual movies for these characters first would serve as a chance to experiment and see how the audience takes to them. Also, by doing it this way, you avoid oversaturating the market with too many superhero movies especially if its a character that may not interest people outside of the comics realm. And if they end up being successful, I would then make individual movies for those characters.

If superhero movies continue to be popular, I would make a Batman movie that focuses on the introduction of the other Robins as well as Dick's transformation into Nightwing and a Superman film that focuses on his marriage to Lois as well as the introduction of Superboy. Maybe even one day, create a Teen Titans or Young Justice film for kids.

Basically, my vision would be something like an "ode to superheroes and comics".

#17 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go straight to Justice League and then work from there. If it's a success, then I would make Batman, Aquaman, and The Flash and see how those do. If they are also popular then I would make Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Man of Steel 2, and finally Justice League 2. If DC's future movies are hits, then I would love to see a big screen adaptation of characters like Animal Man or Swamp Thing.

#18 Posted by DCMarvel (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to start by saying that while Marvel Cinematic Universe is kicking the ass of DC Cinematic Universe (primarily because of Disney), I'm still rooting for DC and what other possibilities for a future it could have in the cinema world.

Phase I:

Man of Steel (2013): Great movie, BTW. I give it an 8/10. Great story-telling, character development, and big opening. Yes, it's an origin story and yes, again, big opening for DCCU, but I like Zod as the main villain for the first one, as he is part of Superman's origins.

Wonder Woman (2014)

Batman (2014): Let's not have it be a reboot to Nolan's Batman. That was in an entirely different realm of storytelling the Dark Knight. But I say put Batman in here before Man of Steel 2, so we can get some more insight to him before he meets Clark Kent.

Man of Steel 2 (2015): If Batman and Superman are going to duke it out, then have it be Avengers-styled, where their different moral principles and motivations conflict, yet they have to work things out before fighting the main villain. And yes, there are still ideas for the main villain of Man of Steel 2, but I'm thinking Lex Luthor. Have there be some corporation struggles between Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp, give Lex Luthor an origin that the audience can relate with him (the original origin sounded a bit silly, but I like the origin where Lex's parents were abusive and Clark and Lex were friends before), and have Superman try and redeem him (this can also cement the Batman Superman friendship).

Flash (2016):

Green Lantern (2016): Don't bring back Ryan Reynolds. Have Idris Elba be the Green Lantern for DCCU.

Justice League (2017):

#19 Edited by mightyrearranger (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT: Nevermind! I thought this was DCAU, not DCCU.

Definitely Wonder Woman, Flash, and a Suicide Squad movie falling somewhere in between or after (with Waller, Rick, classic Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, Enchantress, Deadshot, Captain Cold, and Captain Boomerang)

#20 Posted by Dabee (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

BANE

BANE: Knightfall

BANE 2

BANE:Growing up is tough.

BANE: BREAKING THE BAT (DOCUMENTARY)

BANE: Secret six

And finnaly a Bane TV show

Lobo

Parasite

Doomsday

THE QUESTION

Deathstroke

Green Arrow

ATROCITUS

BEACH HEAD GUNG HO AND ROADBLOCK MOVIE

KILLER CROC

SNAKE EYES

I'm sure there more but you know

Needs more Bane.

#21 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Man of Steel - 2013
  • (no movie for 2014 bc its too late for that)
  • World's finest - 2015
  • Wonder Women - 2015
  • The Flash - 2016 (Barry)
  • Aquaman - 2016
  • Justice League - 2017 (bring back Hal and introduce MM via White Martian invasion)
  • The Batman - 2017
  • Green Lantern: Rise of the Sinestro Crops - 2018
  • Man of Steel 2 - 2018
  • Wonder Women 2 - 2019
  • The Flash 2 - 2019
  • Aquaman 2 - 2020 (leads into JLA2)
  • JLA 2 - 2020 (Throne of Atlantis)
  • Martian Mahunter- 2021
  • Barry Allen / Hal Jordan Team up - 2021
  • DC's Trinity - 2022
  • JLA 3 - 2023 (Darkseid)

10 years should be good enough, no? :p

#22 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Man of Steel
  • World's Finest
  • The Flash
  • Trinity
  • Aquaman
  • Justice League

And then gauge who else gets solo movies by who people like in Justice League.

#23 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, speaking realistically, here's how I see WB's plan:

• 2015 - Batman vs Superman
  • 2016 - Wonder Woman: WW will probably be announced either at next year's Comic-Con or 2015's Comic-Con.
  • 2017 - The Flash: This film will no doubt test Warner Bros commitment. If they succeed with Wonder Woman AND The Flash, JL moves forward.
  • 2018 - Justice League: I can only imagine this film (if it's ever made :P) to be released in 2018 because Marvel already booked the top-May slot in 2017. There's no doubt that Warner Bros will be looking for the best time to reel in the cash. Also, it's likely that Avengers 3 will be releasing
#24 Edited by Nightcraft (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think making a movie franchise on DC is damn near impossible with how the universe is set up, as most of the TV series of the DCU seem to be able to capture it pretty well.

#25 Edited by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel 2 with a cameo from Martian Manhunter at the end.

Flash (Wally) with a cameo from Green Lantern at the end. I'd want to see Kyle but with Hal already established it would make more sense.

Justice league with the first 30 minutes setting up the plot AND introducing us to Wonder Woman and her origin. Her PEREZ origin. Aquaman would also be introduced in there somewhere.

Batman

Wonder Woman with cameos

Green Lantern with cameos

#26 Edited by thevarioty436 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel

Man of steel: worlds finest/trinity (villains: Lex Luthor and a sneak peak at brainiac)

Justice league: main villain brainiac, (leave darkseid for bigger plans)

The Flash(Barry Allen), cameo with superman, (they have a race)

Wonder Woman: Ares returns (villain: cheetah main villain Ares)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (scenes with flash, banter) villain sinestro

Aquaman: King of Atlantis (Namor)

The Batman (villain: slade wilson deathstroke)

Justice league: the legion of doom (villains- Lex, Vandal savage, Gorrila Grod, sinestro, ras-al-gul, Namor, Ares, Deathstroke)

Green Lantern: (Hal Jordan died in JL 2, John Stewart took over) (Villain: hal jordans old lover, forgot her name, has purple costume)

Flash 2: (villain: Professor Zoom)

Batman 2: (villains red hood, and return of the joker)

Captain marvel/Shazaam

Man of steel: Doomsday

Justice league: Apocalypse (Villain Darkseid and world army) (imaginary spoiler superman rises from the grave midway and kicks ass)

#27 Posted by DarthAznable (6659 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd bring this this back..

#28 Posted by i_like_swords (14003 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd kill off Man of Steel, and all the other Justice Leaguers, and give Deathstroke a solo trilogy.

#29 Posted by Perethorn (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel 2

Batman Reboot

Wonder Woman

The Flash

Green Lantern Reboot

Justice League

Man of Steel 3

Wonder Woman 2

Green Arrow

Teen Titans

Flash 2

Green Lantern 2

Batman 2

The New Gods

Justice League II

#30 Posted by Justthatkid (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738 said:

@The Stegman: There needs to be an Aquaman movie too. He's a founding member of the Justice League. He can't be omitted.

@Crom-Cruach: I couldn't disagree with you more. Every Green Lantern character besides Hal Jordan sucks. He's the only interesting character out of the four of them. Guy Gardner needs to die. He's annoying. John Stewart is boring and Kyle Rayner is lame.

Preach

DC advertises him in the front of their site to, really would be happy if he was given a movie.

#31 Edited by Justthatkid (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman-2017 (Origin Movie)

Aquaman- 2017 (Origin Movie) Might have to make it a team-up movie heavily focused on Aquaman

(Mention Amazonians in Aquaman movie with origin, and Visa Versa with Alanteans in Wonder Woman.)

Green Lantern-2018 (Hal and John) (Make some connection between them some reason they know each other) (The GLC could already have them established as Lanterns just explain what a GL is in the movie instead of going for origins.) (Have one stay at OA and one at Earth by the end of the movie) The one staying on earth being The Founding GL of the JL. Would almost be like a buddy cop movie. Hal wise cracking sarcastic guy, John Tuff ex marine get the job done guy.

The Flash-2018 (Origin Movie) Have his powers go a bit bezerk here and there,

Batman- 2019 (If he gets severely injured in his fight against Superman have him trying to get better while my picks being Wrath and Red Hood are causing Mayhem in Gotham.) (Brings in Nightwing)

JL: 2020 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman) (White Martian Invasion) is they use Cyborg in the roster I would use Brother Eye as the villain in a Techno war)

#32 Posted by Jayc1324 (11682 posts) - - Show Bio

More Batman and superman movies.

#33 Posted by DarthAznable (6659 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Did you hear in Batman/Superman they're gonna have Amazonians be descendants or something from Kyrpton?

#34 Posted by Justthatkid (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: That was just someone's speculation. I believe it has been addressed as false.

#35 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

see which hero other people like to see by making a toll, then doing it along with a rated pg13 movie about the spectre, whom of course is going to be toned down quite a bit. Wonder Woman is a must, but needs to be done well to please the audience for it is pretty hard to do a Wonder Woman movie, even selection should be hard, and because we have already made a batman movie, batman will be showing up. this one will be AFTER the toll one, but if people DO vote for her, then it will be great.

#36 Posted by MonsterStomp (17024 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel 2

Batman Reboot

Wonder Woman

The Flash

Green Lantern Reboot

Justice League

I'll settle for this.