How would Goku rank in Marvel and DC tier?

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Raizex
No Caption Provided

*Btw, I remember a thread like this but I can't seem to find it, so I decided to make a new one.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By comicace3

Past superman and thor.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Street level compared to Superman and Thor

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilben42

Probably either right below Wonder Woman or between Wonder Woman and Captain Atom. As for people liking him probably high up there.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: What?! Are you crazy? He's way stronger then that.

Goku could push Superman and Thor to their limits.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3

@Teerack: I wanted to say something but you beat me to it.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilben42

@Teerack: Stronger? No. Powerful he is between Captain Atom ( because his energy blasts are his most powerful power) and Wonder Woman ( because he is a skilled fighter but not more skilled or stronger than Wonder Woman) In Marvel though he would be up there with Thor and Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid-Herald Class

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: Okay. the Way Goku's kai attacks(energy attacks) work are they are equal to how much force can can let out, so because physically he is so strong his energy blast are much stronger then Captain Atom's blasts. Goku has trained his whole life and continues to train under great masters and even learns to fight from various god. I don't know how much you know about Goku but his fighting skill and techniques are miles past Wonder Woman's. The type of fighting skill Goku has compared to Wonder Woman is like comparing a Greek gladiator to a master of various Asian maternal arts. There is a huge generational gap in the way they fight.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

@FalconPuuunch said:

Street level compared to Superman and Thor

I consider that a non statement!@lilben42 said:

@Teerack: Stronger? No. Powerful he is between Captain Atom ( because his energy blasts are his most powerful power) and Wonder Woman ( because he is a skilled fighter but not more skilled or stronger than Wonder Woman) In Marvel though he would be up there with Thor and Hulk.

You are obviously dedicated to Dc , as well misguided about you're assumtions of Goku's power.Goku is a planet buster, you do know this!

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnightRise

@Teerack said:

@lilben42: Okay. the Way Goku's kai attacks(energy attacks) work are they are equal to how much force can can let out, so because physically he is so strong his energy blast are much stronger then Captain Atom's blasts. Goku has trained his whole life and continues to train under great masters and even learns to fight from various god. I don't know how much you know about Goku but his fighting skill and techniques are miles past Wonder Woman's.

Thats pretty inaccurate tbh.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilben42

@evilvegeta74: I own DBZ. Goku cannot move a planet not even close to it actually. So in strength he is not very high. Speed he is very high but not higher than WW. Energy blasts or techniques he is higher than WW but Captain Atom has matter manipulation, is capable of time manipulation, and is faster than the speed of light.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilben42

@Teerack: Again I own DBZ. It doesn't matter who he was trained by this is a different Universe. DBZ gods are pretty weak too. WW has trained her while life too and even once fought for 2000 yrs. She also has been trained for over 300 years yeah she is way more skilled than Goku.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By evilvegeta74

@lilben42 said:

@evilvegeta74: I own DBZ. Goku cannot move a planet not even close to it actually. So in strength he is not very high. Speed he is very high but not higher than WW. Energy blasts or techniques he is higher than WW but Captain Atom has matter manipulation, is capable of time manipulation, and is faster than the speed of light.

You wish! Goku can't move a planet but he can shake it when he powers up, his energy Blast could blow up the planet. How fast do you think Goku is,all he has to do is think of the place while Captain Atom flies there. WW versus Goku hand to hand, come on!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@KnightRise: It's not.

@lilben42: Goku never did anything to give us an accurate gauge of his strength once he become SSj 4. Goku was able to destroy planets with his finger, when in his normal form. Considering that it's stated in the manga that he can lift about 40 tons while in his normal form while on king kais planet, so if you know the math that is actually stated in the official DBZ dictionary when in SSJ4 his power is multiplied making the amount of weight he can lift 160,000 tons at least. Which yeah is not as strong as Superman. I didn't say he was as strong as Superman just strong enough to push him to his limits, and just so you know 160,000 tons is more then lifting all of the continent Africa. Making him much strong then WW or Captain Atom.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

im just going to say it Goku does not rank in any teir Marvel or DC cause admit it or not argue till your heart is content Marvel and DC character are in a completly diffenrt league of their own and the DBZ characters are no where near that league. Yes they are powerul but no were near the vast magority of comic book heros

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lilben42

@evilvegeta74: IT is teleportation not speed. He shakes the planet with his energy. Captain Atom is more powerful than Goku. He has matter manipulation and is capable of time manipulation Wonder Woman is way better than Goku in hand to hand. Batman even said she was the best hand to hand combatist in the world. She has been training for hundreds of years.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

above herald level and just below skyfather level. several solar system buster to be precise, or several supernova level, something like that.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lilben42
No Caption Provided

@Teerack: WW moved the sun before. Captain Atom I might agree but WW no. Yes Goku can destroy planets but Captain Atom has matter manipulation and can absorb any energy thrown at him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: Lol pre 86 before DC retconned everything to not be so horribly awful and ridiculous lol.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evilvegeta74

@lilben42 said:

@evilvegeta74: IT is teleportation not speed. He shakes the planet with his energy. Captain Atom is more powerful than Goku. He has matter manipulation and is capable of time manipulation Wonder Woman is way better than Goku in hand to hand. Batman even said she was the best hand to hand combatist in the world. She has been training for hundreds of years.

Why fly when you just think where you wanna go. Goku has trained under the Kais, who are like Gods . When heroes die such as Heracles, they end up being trained by these Kais, who have been doing this eons not for 2 or 3v hundreds of years. The Kais have past on some of their ultima techniques to Goku and warriors who had been in other world for thousands of years. WW is a warrior, but in hand to hand combat, the Saiyan would win.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lilben42

@evilvegeta74: Heracles when did he get in DBZ. I don't remember the Goku saying 1000 yrs either.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lilben42
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Teerack: Yeah but the OP never said which version so any version can be used. WW still has alot of other strength feats. Although you can't tell hiw much she picked up they couldn't do it without her.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By evilvegeta74

@lilben42 said:

@evilvegeta74: Heracles when did he get in DBZ. I don't remember the Goku saying 1000 yrs either.

When they had the other world tournament, Goku fought Pikkon, it was mention that some of the heroes there had been ther for thousands of years, Heracles was the tall blonde guy in white!

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lilben42

@evilvegeta74: They said that or are you assuming. They probably have been dead for 1000 of yrs.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: They couldn't have moved it as fast as they wanted to, but super man could of done that alone.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@evilvegeta74 said:

@lilben42 said:

When they had the other world tournament, Goku fought Pikkon, it was mention that some of the heroes there had been ther for thousands of years, Heracles was the tall blonde guy in white!

No that guy in white wasn't Hecules that guy was Olibu.
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

@lilben42 said:

@evilvegeta74: They said that or are you assuming. They probably have been dead for 1000 of yrs.

It was stated, wouldn't make that up,actually it was mentioned when Goku saw all the warriors because he made a crazy face, when it was mentioned that warriors had been training there for thousands of years.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By evilvegeta74

Olibu was a@Wolfrazer said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@lilben42 said:

No that guy in white wasn't Hecules that guy was Olibu.

Olibu was the guy, that Heracles stories were based on,on Goku's earth. Thanks for the correction.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: Common sense would dictate the modern versions of the characters...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KnightRise

@Teerack: Africa weighs 16,000 tons?... -_-

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'd rate Goku on a level high enough in Marvel and Dc to protect the Planet and some universal threats, depending on the threats power levels.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lilben42

@evilvegeta74: Oh ok I still don't know what that means.

@Teerack: Not really. If no version is stated I would think all feats apply. I'm putting Goku really high in the DC universe. He would be second powerfulest, 4th, 5th ot 6th in strength and 2nd or 3rd in combat for the whole DC Universe.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: Guess you don't get common sense.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zr0c00l

@Teerack said:

@lilben42: Goku never did anything to give us an accurate gauge of his strength once he become SSj 4. Goku was able to destroy planets with his finger, when in his normal form. Considering that it's stated in the manga that he can lift about 40 tons while in his normal form while on king kais planet, so if you know the math that is actually stated in the official DBZ dictionary when in SSJ4 his power is multiplied making the amount of weight he can lift 16,000 tons at least. Which yeah is not as strong as Superman. I didn't say he was as strong as Superman just strong enough to push him to his limits, and just so you know 16,000 tons is more then lifting all of the continent Africa. Making him much strong then WW or Captain Atom.

ummmm just no. and yes i know you made a typo and mean 160,000 tons and really if youre putting ssj4 up then his strength can be generously given a 100x power increase for strength making it 16 million tons. thats a large number but nowhere near ww level of strength shes close to superman who on death battle where they also misrepresented his strength and im assuming where you got 160,000 from, his strength was in quintillions (though hes been clearly been shown lifting 6 sextillion tons with little effort for five days straight) but supes isnt really the point just making clear who she is compared to in strength and just how far above goku in strength she is.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Teerack

@zr0c00l said:

@Teerack said:

@lilben42: Goku never did anything to give us an accurate gauge of his strength once he become SSj 4. Goku was able to destroy planets with his finger, when in his normal form. Considering that it's stated in the manga that he can lift about 40 tons while in his normal form while on king kais planet, so if you know the math that is actually stated in the official DBZ dictionary when in SSJ4 his power is multiplied making the amount of weight he can lift 16,000 tons at least. Which yeah is not as strong as Superman. I didn't say he was as strong as Superman just strong enough to push him to his limits, and just so you know 16,000 tons is more then lifting all of the continent Africa. Making him much strong then WW or Captain Atom.

ummmm just no. and yes i know you made a typo and mean 160,000 tons and really if youre putting ssj4 up then his strength can be generously given a 100x power increase for strength making it 16 million tons. thats a large number but nowhere near ww level of strength shes close to superman who on death battle where they also misrepresented his strength and im assuming where you got 160,000 from, his strength was in quintillions (though hes been clearly been shown lifting 6 sextillion tons with little effort for five days straight) but supes isnt really the point just making clear who she is compared to in strength and just how far above goku in strength she is.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lilben42

@Teerack: Well I guess not. Its a shame your self denial blinds you from seeing the truth. A disappointment really.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lilben42

@Teerack: haha just kidding.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: You said it's not common sense to assume the relevant modern versions of the characters would be the ones we'd look at. Nothing to do with me at all. Just pointed out your amusing statement.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teerack

@lilben42: I'm so confused.... I'm going back to sleep.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lilben42

@Teerack: I'm glad your amused because I said I was kidding.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By John Valentine

Over 9000.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlackWind

Low Herald level. He completely lacks versatility, but has decent destructive capacity.

@lilben42: If anything, gods there in DBZ are more like overseers. I see nothing even slightly godlike about them.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#44  Edited By SC  Moderator

Depends which writer writes him.

You know whats amusing? Having a super fan of a character coming on a thread and announcing how its impossible XYZ could be compared to their favorite fictional character, and then seeing the creator or influential writer of XYZ character assert that aforementioned characters are indeed comparable or have similar powers or power levels in ways that the super fan refuses to acknowledge. Bit of flexibility can go a long way. I remember Goku's creator being a fan of Superman so they probably wouldn't write Goku too far ahead of one of their fav characters, as far as comparisons go, would probably view them as equals, but again. Fictional characters flexible abilities/rankings.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lilben42

@BlackWind: Right.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By mk111

Goku would be pretty high up there. Around Green Lantern level, at least.

SoleSnatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times stronger is goku than superman? I know XD------ IT OVER 9000

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ariesxmasters
No Caption Provided

This thread turned into Same old comparing "Goku to Superman" thread. I'll tell you guys the verdict on who wins this fight, whoever the writer is a bigger fan of more that's who is going to win. There both inconsistent in just about every way.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VenomousTaco

Superman/Thor level. No less, no more.

:-)