How would you feel, if this next summer's big event

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Ends up bringging the old continuity back (Pre-New-52) as the new Earth-2, by keeping the New-52 continuity as the Earth-1 (the main-earth), as a sign of progress, allowing the readers to read whatever they want to read?...i've been hearing many different opinions on this subject, and i would like to know what you guys think about this possible scenario.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ends up bringging the old continuity back (Pre-New-52) as the new Earth-2, by keeping the New-52 continuity as the Earth-1 (the main-earth), allowing the readers to read whatever they want to read?...i've been hearing many different opinions on this subject, and i would like to know what you guys think about this possible scenario.

So long as my main New 52 Earth is unaffected, I honestly don't care.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

Ends up bringging the old continuity back (Pre-New-52) as the new Earth-2, by keeping the New-52 continuity as the Earth-1 (the main-earth), allowing the readers to read whatever they want to read?...i've been hearing many different opinions on this subject, and i would like to know what you guys think about this possible scenario.

So long as my main New 52 Earth is unaffected, I honestly don't care.

Ok, sounds good, thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like the idea.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Don't really care. I'm over events unless the publisher is named Valiant.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda want to keep N52 Earth-2 and Prime Earth. But I also want Pre 52 Earth-1. But if it's brought back it'll be too jumbled. ERRRGGH.

If they're going to bring back Pre Flashpoint they might as well retcon New 52 out of existence completely.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fil123

ive grown to love the new 52: batman and superman are younger and its refreshing to see them like they are in the new 52

GA has never been better (no facial hair is a plus), todd is actually a decent character now, everything bat fam other than tim, etc

only thing i miss is wally

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It would be a bad idea because people won't move on and accept the N52 as the main universe if the PC universe still exists.m

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By reactor

It would be a bad idea because people won't move on and accept the N52 as the main universe if the PC universe still exists.m

N52 is an exception. DC reboots after some years of publishing, its a cycle people should be used to by now. But I've never heard of any of their reboots getting as much unwarranted flack as the N52 is getting. Tbh, if it was going to stop, I honestly think it would have by now - it's been over three years, and people are still whining (usually about the dumbest things, too).

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that i'm thinking about it, the current Earth-2 readers, may not like that idea, very much...though, DC could "fuse them" into one...you know the old Pre-New-52 continuity fused with the current Earth-2, into one super-earth-2! :) it would a best-seller!

Well, the New 52 has been around for 4 years now...if people haven't acknowledge it yet, maybe it's really time for a change...

@reactor said:

@superguy1591 said:

N52 is an exception. DC reboots after some years of publishing, its a cycle people should be used to by now. But I've never heard of any of their reboots getting as much unwarranted flack as the N52 is getting. Tbh, if it was going to stop, I honestly think it would have by now - it's been over three years, and people are still whining (usually about the dumbest things, too).

Exactly!

@fil123 said:

ive grown to love the new 52: batman and superman are younger and its refreshing to see them like they are in the new 52

GA has never been better (no facial hair is a plus), todd is actually a decent character now, everything bat fam other than tim, etc

only thing i miss is wally

Read the OP again ;) you could have both, you could have it all!...you would be able to still pick up the books that you want to read...plus Earth-2, where you would see the good old Wally West :)

Plus, this would be good business for DC, they would easly make much more Money, than they are making now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Would feel good.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: but most earth 2 counterparts will be too similar to earth prime, most characters are pretty much the same. too be honest i dont care, pretty much only read batman or a real good event

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@fil123 said:

@bat_girl_cc: but most earth 2 counterparts will be too similar to earth prime, most characters are pretty much the same. too be honest i dont care, pretty much only read batman or a real good event

Yeah, well, it's just a on paper idea, sure it could go wrong...anyway, not all conterparts would be exactly the same, the Batgirl now is Barbara Gordon...Nightwing is now "agent grayson"...the bat-family has also new members now...Wonder Woman's back-story is different now...Superboy's back-story is different now...the JL G.L is a power ring now...Superman and Wonder are a couple now...the Flash is Barry Allen now...Lex Luthor is a JL member now...etc...and i have a feeling that they are getting even more different from their Pre-52 selves.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Would feel good.

Glad to hear it, cuz i would like it too, and i have a feeling that either this, or something along this lines, is really going to happen next year :D

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Except most people accept the N52 and aren't complaining. Only a select few think they're the center of the universe.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Except most people accept the N52 and aren't complaining. Only a select few think they're the center of the universe.

"Most people"?...who are the most people?...just take a look at the sales, dude!...only a handfull of titles are selling decently, and that's mainly due to the Bat-related titles...plus, the weeklies...also, i've lost count to the number of titles that have been launched and cancelled since the New 52 started...saying that "most people" like it, it's almost dillusional.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: you're wrong. Superman, Wonder Woman have experience boosts.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

"Most people"?...who are the most people?...just take a look at the sales, dude!...only a handfull of titles are selling decently, and that's mainly due to the Bat-related titles...plus, the weeklies...also, i've lost count to the number of titles that have been launched and cancelled since the New 52 started...saying that "most people" like it, it's almost dillusional.

Uh, DC sales are doing fine, bro. In fact, they're doing better than they had with the pre-Flashpoint continuity.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: you're wrong. Superman, Wonder Woman have experience boosts.

So?...the New 52 is not only Superman and Wonder Woman...most people don't like this new universe, that's why most titles that got launched, got cancelled shortly after...then, more were launched, and they got cancelled as well.

@reactor said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

@superguy1591 said:

Uh, DC sales are doing fine, bro. In fact, they're doing better than they had with the pre-Flashpoint continuity.

No, sales aren't doing fine...the bat-related books are doing fine (Batman has the biggest fanbase, so...) which is a good thing (i'm a bat fan myself), and the weeklies are doing fine...but then again, one of them is bat-related, the other is being written by Grant Morrison, who is a beloved writter, and the other is about what could happen to the universe in the future, a crisis-like title...those, are OBVIOUSLY doing fine, but if you look at the others, you'll see that the New 52 is a failure.

http://comicbookrevolution.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1270:dcs-new-52-sales-charts-low-performer-category&catid=58:rokk&Itemid=82

They did good a first, but that was only due to the natural boost of doing a reboot, not because the new 52 is better.

I'll admit that sales (right before) flashpoint, weren't very good...but the New 52 ones, aren't good either.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: who are these most people? And as far as DC is concerned, if Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman got a sales boost, they're happy. They're the three pillars of their universe.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@superguy1591 said:

@bat_girl_cc: who are these most people? And as far as DC is concerned, if Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman got a sales boost, they're happy. They're the three pillars of their universe.

I already told you...anyway, the only title that sells over 100k is the Batman title...the others (in a good month) sell 70/80k...but the large majority is between the 50/40k and the 20/10k....how is that good?...

So, in your opinion as long as 3 titles sell well, then, the Universe is fine?

Anyway, this entire discussion is pointless, because the main point of this thread, was to see what people think about both continuity's in the same universe, as different earth's...and so far, no-one has yet given a valid reason of why this would be a bad idea...you said, that it would be a bad idea, because people wouldn't move on...but have you ever considered the chance of people just don't want to move on, because they don't like this new universe?...also by having both at the same time, that means that none has to go away...and people would just read what they want...then, we would see which titles sell better...i'm betting the Pre-52 ones would sell much better.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have enough love for the Pre-52 to support this. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I would really like this, best of both worlds why not right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

How would itfeel.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@squares said:

How would itfeel.

Yeah xD or, how would you feel...

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only thing I honestly miss about the Pn52, are a couple character concepts and thats about it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

I would be mad if they replaced the New 52 with the old universe, cause it would be an ultimate cop out, so I like this idea, maybe they could merge Earth 1 and Earth 2 into a single continuity like they did in COIE and have the new Earth 2 be the old pre N52 universe and oh my god, I've gone crosseyed...

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like some things in the New 52 (Like GA and Aquaman) and almost everything in Pre 52. Can't they just merge the universes or something? I wouldn't mind them being separate though.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like some things in the New 52 (Like GA and Aquaman) and almost everything in Pre 52. Can't they just merge the universes or something? I wouldn't mind them being separate though.

Well, they sure can, but, the New 52 itself was DC "merging" the old continuity with some new concepts...and results are there for everyone to see...it sucks!!

Well, you would be able to read whatever you wantted anyway :D