frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

SPOILERS for #6.

I have to say, the delay has irritated me. But I liked the previous issue - though Power Ring proved himself to be one of the most pathetic villains I have perhaps ever read, the pacing and tone of the issue was exciting.

The prisoner

The 'hooded' pfisoner was revealed to basically be Chuck Norris the Earth 3 Shazam (Alexander Luthor). A mysterious figure that supposedly the Crime Syndicate fear:

No Caption Provided

That only raises the question of why keep him alive if the Crime Syndicate fear him? Does he just want to kill the Crime Syndicate or both the Crime Syndicate and Luthor's band of villains/Batman?

Who really destroyed Earth-3?

This still needs answering.

No Caption Provided

From the looks of it, I would wager my bets on Darkseid and his para-demons (taking the role of 'the creatures'). All these questions and only one issue to tie all the loose ends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Nightwings doesnt die again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nightwing survives and becomes a silly little spy agent. That's all I know.

And sadly we will have to wait months for the last issue since DC can't do their job and get comics out on time.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

An incursion destroys the New 52 and their alternate universe. The Illuminati don't even try to prevent it...

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@oscars94 said:
No Caption Provided

An incursion destroys the New 52 and their alternate universe. The Illuminati don't even try to prevent it...

LMAO

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

-Something will definitely happen to Mazah's, whether he'll die, go back to Earth-3, give up his power or whatever. I can't see him staying on Prime Earth as his power level and ideology is much too dangerous.

The Crime Syndicate probably kept him alive because they thought he was too valuable to kill or can't kill him at all for some reason.

It seems like he wants to get rid of the Crime Syndicate mainly but since he comes from a world where he was essentially the only "hero" he doesn't trust anybody else and like he said he's going to "kill every single one of you" which probably means he's unstable and maybe even crazy.

-Darkseid is definitely as possibility, but the way the story has been building up I think it could be someone/something complexly different and maybe even more dangerous. My guess is as good as anyone's but I'm throwing out the possibility that it could be the Anti-Montor

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

-Something will definitely happen to Mazah's, whether he'll die, go back to Earth-3, give up his power or whatever. I can't see him staying on Prime Earth as his power level and ideology is much too dangerous.

The Crime Syndicate probably kept him alive because they thought he was too valuable to kill or can't kill him at all for some reason.

It seems like he wants to get rid of the Crime Syndicate mainly but since he comes from a world where he was essentially the only "hero" he doesn't trust anybody else and like he said he's going to "kill every single one of you" which probably means he's unstable and maybe even crazy.

-Darkseid is definitely as possibility, but the way the story has been building up I think it could be someone/something complexly different and maybe even more dangerous. My guess is as good as anyone's but I'm throwing out the possibility that it could be the Anti-Montor

I don't think he'll die, but he probably won't stay. Maybe he'll "die" fighting off the threat that destroyed the antimatter universe *cough*Anti-Monitor*cough*.

Everyone except for Ultraman wanted him dead. I'll bet he has some attachment to him. Maybe he's his son with a female Lex Luthor. Alexandra Luthor?

He's a hero in the antimatter universe where everything is sort of reversed. Him being cuckoo, or Sentry, would make sense, but it could also have to do with an antimatter mindset.

There are two problems with that. 1) As far as I know, there's only one Darkseid (period). Unless it's an animatter one, but he's probably be called Lightseid and he'd probably be the god of everything good and cuddly. 2) Darkseid is not powerful enough to send the Crime Syndicate packing. Seriously, the CS is really strong. There's not way Darkseid's giving them the beating they appear to have gotten. Considering that it's the antimatter universe and that the original one was destroyed by the Anti-Monitor and that AM has yet to make an appearance (except for the Last Lantern arc), it's a safe bet that it's him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jphu8414: @awesam Mazahs kills Johnny and then Ultraman seems to be talking about the 'Dark Lightning', then he gets cleanly blasted.

No Caption Provided

Do you think he's killed Ultraman? Because he seems much more powerful.

The Anti-Monitor destroyed the original Pre-Crisis Earth 3. It'd be fitting if he destroyed the New-52 doppelgänger version.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@awesam: Darkseid is powerful enough to destroy Earth 3, just not the entire universe. Also, about there being 'one' Darkseid - there's clearly a Smallville Darkseid and DCAU Darkseid each with their own Apokolips.

The mainstream Darkseid is currently destroying Earth-2. He can cross dimensions.

The Crime Syndicate aren't even that powerful. Johnny was downright pathetic. Darkseid is leagues above them. He's already took possession of the Earth 2 Superman. The Earth 2 Superman looks like he could solo the Crime Syndicate.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jphu8414

@awesam: Yeah good points, I'm pretty sure Mazah's is Alexander Luthor Sr. (I think)so the baby inside is probably Jr. I am also now pretty convinced that it's the Anti-Monitor that destroyed Earth-3

@frozen said:

@jphu8414: @awesam Mazahs kills Johnny and then Ultraman seems to be talking about the 'Dark Lightning', then he gets cleanly blasted.

No Caption Provided

The Anti-Monitor destroyed the original Pre-Crisis Earth 3. It'd be fitting if he destroyed the New-52 doppelgänger version.

It's hard to say, from the looks of the pic maybe he did die, and it looks like he got Atomika too. Although it could be a possibility that he could just get back up and still be alive in the next issue so I don't know. I kind of hope he's alive just so I can see more of him fighting in the next issue.

If Mazah's did kill him then that just reaffirms what I thought about him being crazy powerful and maybe even too dangerous to stay on Prime Earth

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MatteoPG

Why do you all think that he's not the Lex Luthor from that Earth? Before answering, know that I am not up to date with the event (I only read the first 2 issues), so I don't know if Lex was killed on Earth 3. I mean, Lex is a short name for Alexander, so if we don't know what happened to him, we could assume that he is the actual mirror image of our Lex.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frozen  Moderator

@jphu8414: I don't see why Ultraman would just sit on the floor and glare, even if he gets back up, it doesn't look like he could win. He was fighting evenly with Black Adam before it was broken up by Mazahs.

Bringing back the Anti-Monitor will confirm ties with the original Crisis though.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@awesam: Darkseid is powerful enough to destroy Earth 3, just not the entire universe. Also, about there being 'one' Darkseid - there's clearly a Smallville Darkseid and DCAU Darkseid each with their own Apokolips.

The mainstream Darkseid is currently destroying Earth-2. He can cross dimensions.

The Crime Syndicate aren't even that powerful. Johnny was downright pathetic. Darkseid is leagues above them. He's already took possession of the Earth 2 Superman. The Earth 2 Superman looks like he could solo the Crime Syndicate.

Not even going to respond to that Darkseid comment. Still doubt Darkseid would be a big enough threat. Also, I doubt they'd give us some big build up just for it to be Darkseid. You know he's just going to get his ass kicked again by the Justice League. Doesn't Darkseid travel with a mother box? The threat seems to be tearing his way through space/time.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frozen  Moderator

@awesam said:

@frozen said:

Not even going to respond to that Darkseid comment. Still doubt Darkseid would be a big enough threat. Also, I doubt they'd give us some big build up just for it to be Darkseid. You know he's just going to get his ass kicked again by the Justice League. Doesn't Darkseid travel with a mother box? The threat seems to be tearing his way through space/time.

Lol, perhaps those Darkseid's are 'avatars' but DC are inconsistent with their being 'one' Darkseid. Is there only 'one' Orion too?

I don't think so. Captain Cold easily beat Johnny Quick and Sinestro broke Power Ring before it even began. Black Adam was fighting rather evenly with Ultraman in their second fight, he was seen drawing blood now that Ultraman wasn't snorting kryptonite.

I'm not sure on how Darkseid is travelling through dimensions.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MAZAHS117  Online

I'm guessing Mazahs has ties with the Anti-Monitor possibly. Mazahs is wearing somekind of armor getup that as soon as I saw it reminded me of Superboy-Prime. I'm thinking the Crime Syndicate kept Alexander Luthor alive as somekind of weapon/detourant for what destroyed Earth-3, which I'm assuming is the Anti-Monitor, to fight him off in case he followed them to Earth Prime.

Alls we can do is speculate until iss #7 is released. Should be interesting how this whole thing wraps up. Just sucks it's still over a month away :-/

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is the Anti-Monitor, I wonder if it's pre Flashpoint version...Are we seeing another Crisis storyline in the works?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By reaverlation

I wouldn't mind it being Prime

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#18  Edited By Outside_85

@reaverlation: Actually he would make a great meta character ala Deadpool. Imagine him walking around DC's offices on Earth Prime, shouting at everyone how they are ruining everything. :)

As for whom destroyed E3, well the Syndicate (or Ultraman atleast) believed Alex and other magicians could be used as a weapon against it, the Blight tie-in series revealed some blurred out colossus with red eyes. Due to magic being believed to be effective against this being, leads me to assume it is also magical in nature, which rules out Darkseid, but leaves it op to this guy.

No Caption Provided

That said, there's no telling if it's not an E3 Spectre or something brand new either.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: lmao at Prime story.

Trigon doesn't seem like a bad idea as he is basically evil incarnated and Spectre being the one to stop him.

Not likely but it would have been cool if it were Helspont

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MAZAHS117  Online

@outside_85: Hmmm, never thought about it being Trigon that is tearing through the space/time rift! Sounds like your on to something there

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Crime Syndicate are all killed, All the heroes who "died" return, Lex and Captain Cold join the Justice League for some reason, Black Manta and Deathstroke join the Suicide Squad,(and both have a 0% chance of dying in that book which kind of takes away a lot of the excitement that comes from that book; that anyone can die at any moment) Dick becomes a secret agent, Mazahs destroyed earth 3 or something lame like that and will become a recurring villain in the New 52, and Black Adam wont be used until the next event.

There's my guess anyways.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frozen  Moderator

@outside_85: It looks to me that Ultraman isn't immune to Mazahs' magic.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By JakeN7

I still can't get over how dumb "Mazahs" is. We get it, everything's opposite on Earth 3, you didn't need to go that far. If that was the case though, why isn't it Namrepus instead of Ultraman, Rednow Namow instead of Superwoman, Namtab instead of Owlman, Hsalf instead of Johnny Quick, Neerg Nretnal instead of Power Ring, or Derfla Htrowynnep (I had fun with that one) instead of The Outsider?

So dumb.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Never said Ultraman was immune or overy resistant to it. I am just hanging onto that the Syndicate intended to use magicians, and only magicians, as bullets against this thing. Alex lived for this long because Ultraman wanted to use him against it, while most of the others wanted him dead (Owlman even uses it as a 'bargain reason' to keep Grayson alive).

There is also in the Wolfman written Trigon issue a hint that Trigon can be stopped or atleast halted by certain forms of magic (which included the sort used to make Cassandra Sandsmarks armor).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Never said Ultraman was immune or overy resistant to it. I am just hanging onto that the Syndicate intended to use magicians, and only magicians, as bullets against this thing. Alex lived for this long because Ultraman wanted to use him against it, while most of the others wanted him dead (Owlman even uses it as a 'bargain reason' to keep Grayson alive).

There is also in the Wolfman written Trigon issue a hint that Trigon can be stopped or atleast halted by certain forms of magic (which included the sort used to make Cassandra Sandsmarks armor).

You didn't. Geoff Johns however, did say that. But I'm guessing he has some sort of force to which there can be no resistance against it, or something else.

The question is; how the hell did he get the power to take other people's powers?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Transformers1024

I'm hoping that in the last few pages, Barry Allen wakes up from a really weird dream where Dick Grayson became a gun wielding super spy, Wally West was Hispanic, Stephanie Brown and Donna Troy were missing for the longest time, and Superman fought "SUPERDOOM."

Barry would later go tell his dream to the Justice League while they were all hanging in the Watchtower. Batman and Cybo...I mean Martian Manhunter tell Barry that he needs to go to a neurologist to get his brain examined, followed by a couple years of therapy and counseling for dreaming such bulls!hit.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Outside_85

@frozen: Well, I think thats more of the reverse stuff. Like Shazam has his powers granted, Mazahs however takes his, as in taking is the opposite of giving. (Btw, are we sure this Alex Luthor is even a Earth 3 native?)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Well, I think thats more of the reverse stuff. Like Shazam has his powers granted, Mazahs however takes his, as in taking is the opposite of giving. (Btw, are we sure this Alex Luthor is even a Earth 3 native?)

I never thought of that analogy. Though he clearly tags Ultraman without even laying a fist on him, so I'm really curious to see how his powers work.

It's just been assumed he is an Earth 3 native. Where else would he be from?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Outside_85

@frozen said:

It's just been assumed he is an Earth 3 native. Where else would he be from?

Remember that other Earth Superman Prime abducted a Annatz Arataz from to detain Mr. Mxy? (A Zatanna double who tortured kids)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@outside_85: What if Superwoman's child's father is Alexander Luthor and the child is Alexander Luthor Jr?

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By ColaNicole

@jphu8414 said:

@awesam: Yeah good points, I'm pretty sure Mazah's is Alexander Luthor Sr. (I think)so the baby inside is probably Jr. I am also now pretty convinced that it's the Anti-Monitor that destroyed Earth-3

@frozen said:

No Caption Provided

It's hard to say, from the looks of the pic maybe he did die, and it looks like he got Atomika too. Although it could be a possibility that he could just get back up and still be alive in the next issue so I don't know. I kind of hope he's alive just so I can see more of him fighting in the next issue.

If Mazah's did kill him then that just reaffirms what I thought about him being crazy powerful and maybe even too dangerous to stay on Prime Earth

I'm pretty sure that wasn't Ultraman that got struck. You can clearly see Manta and Atomica who were inside the Watchtower. Ultraman was outside fighting Adam, and nowhere near that confrontation. I'm pretty sure it was just the prisoner, the same way lightning strikes Billy to transform him.

Edit: Looking back through issue 6, I really, really don't think that's Ultraman. From that strike he proceeds to kill Johnny and if it was Ultraman a bigger deal would be made. He couldn't strike himself then Ultraman. Besides, I think Ultraman will have a big part to play in the finale, judging by the monitor screen in JL 29, he beat Adam.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pplz gonna die or get punched.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@outside_85: What if Superwoman's child's father is Alexander Luthor and the child is Alexander Luthor Jr?

Sounds unlikely considering how she and Owlman hover around each other.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Sounds unlikely considering how she and Owlman hover around each other.

Well, in Pre-Crisis continuity Lois Lane was the father of Alexander Luthor Jr and seeing as they combined Lois and Diana into one Super Woman in both Post-Crisis and New 52, it seems possible. Especially since Super Woman is a whore.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colanicole: Crap you're 100% right, I hadn't read the issue in a while and was only going off of the pic. It is definitely Alexander Luthor who got struck by the lightning. I was confused because Ultraman is in the panel right above and it seemed like he got struck.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These theories are killing me

Andhaira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andhaira

Just read FE 7. Ultraman didn't defeat Adam. Adam defeated him by moving the sun away from the earth. Also Adam wasn't knocked out, that was likely a mistake in the JL panel.