How welcoming is Hellboy? (can I read hellboy in hell?)

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Citrus

I plan to buy all the Hellboy library editions but... I don't exactly have money up to my ears at the moment.

Are Hellboy comics welcoming enough that I can pick them up right now? I'd like to read Hellboy in Hell, because I find that extremely intriguing... But I don't want to be confused...

Should I start from the beginning and work my way up to recent hellboy over time?

Should I get the fundamental story arcs and skip certain ones to get up to date, then backtrack when I want more content?

Or can I jump in right now, and backtrack later?

Thanks in advance CV!

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

bump

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By IrishX
@Citrus:  I personally love the Hellboy/B.P.R.D comics and consider them the best thing out there. Mignola is a great story teller and each is great in of itself. I think you would be fine jumping right in and reading Hellboy in Hell. I suggest reading all the trades in order. Also look into Lobster Johnson comics and Baltimore comics as they are both great Mignola books as well.
Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Citrus

@IrishX said:

@Citrus: I personally love the Hellboy/B.P.R.D comics and consider them the best thing out there. Mignola is a great story teller and each is great in of itself. I think you would be fine jumping right in and reading Hellboy in Hell. I suggest reading all the trades in order. Also look into Lobster Johnson comics and Baltimore comics as they are both great Mignola books as well.

Awesome, thanks man I appreciate it :D