#1 Posted by Citrus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I plan to buy all the Hellboy library editions but... I don't exactly have money up to my ears at the moment.

Are Hellboy comics welcoming enough that I can pick them up right now? I'd like to read Hellboy in Hell, because I find that extremely intriguing... But I don't want to be confused...

Should I start from the beginning and work my way up to recent hellboy over time?

Should I get the fundamental story arcs and skip certain ones to get up to date, then backtrack when I want more content?

Or can I jump in right now, and backtrack later?

Thanks in advance CV!

#2 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by IrishX (2421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Citrus:  I personally love the Hellboy/B.P.R.D comics and consider them the best thing out there. Mignola is a great story teller and each is great in of itself. I think you would be fine jumping right in and reading Hellboy in Hell. I suggest reading all the trades in order. Also look into Lobster Johnson comics and Baltimore comics as they are both great Mignola books as well.
#4 Posted by Citrus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX said:

@Citrus: I personally love the Hellboy/B.P.R.D comics and consider them the best thing out there. Mignola is a great story teller and each is great in of itself. I think you would be fine jumping right in and reading Hellboy in Hell. I suggest reading all the trades in order. Also look into Lobster Johnson comics and Baltimore comics as they are both great Mignola books as well.

Awesome, thanks man I appreciate it :D