How was Rip Hunter able to beat Vandal Savage in a knife fight?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Zetsu-San

So I just watched yesterday's episode and I am having trouble believing that Rip Hunter beat a 2000 year old warrior in a knife fight. Aside from all that combat experience, where was his enhanced speed/strength? During his first appearance he was able to keep up with the flash, and to pull out and spitfire numerous knives in the time it took for Olly to fire a single arrow. Hell the knives themselves were moving as fast as the arrows.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sometimes I find it odd that people think being ancient makes you better. You can only get so much better and it some don't need all that time to reach their peak. Also they're ancient it doesn't mean they're going to retain everything.

Not saying Vandal isn't far superior I'm just commenting on the idea of ancient experience thing.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Villain decay. Seriously Savage actually did better against Rip Hunter during their fight in egypt, before he was super old.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well maybe Rip is a badass, I mean we have never saw him fight before.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Villain decay. Seriously Savage actually did better against Rip Hunter during their fight in egypt, before he was super old.

More like the CW effect,I stopped taking fights seriously a long time ago no matter how pleasing the choreography.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Spoiler much?

Jeez.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time Rip was ambushed by Savage's cult. But Rip beat him because of his wife his son. Sometimes that's enough.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Arrow

Maybe Vandal decided to take kung fu classes after Rip beat him. What's more incredible is how Rip didn't took Vandal as prisioner once he beat him.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time Rip was ambushed by Savage's cult. But Rip beat him because of his wife his son. Sometimes that's enough.

Not when you are dealing with a guy who has super speed and enhanced strength.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Because hadn't become immortal yet. Rip traveled back to Ancient Egypt, when Vandal was still just a Priest.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because hadn't become immortal yet. Rip traveled back to Ancient Egypt, when Vandal was still just a Priest.

That doesn't explain how Rip won the second fight. Unless Vandal has decided to go through intense training after Rip beat him in 1975, he shouldn't be to different from what we saw in the arrow crossover.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zetsu-San

@jashro44: Except he was bragging about how he trained with all these different historical figures. He said he taught robin hood how to shoot a bow, Houdini how to perform magic etc.

So even the "intense training after 1975" explanation is bogus.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Except he was bragging about how he trained with all these different historical figures. He said he taught robin hood how to shoot a bow, Houdini how to perform magic etc.

So even the "intense training after 1975" explanation is bogus.

I agree with you and I find that unlikely which is why I said he shouldn't be to different from the arrow/flash crossover.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Oh yeah I can't explain the second. Maybe his time offers greater training.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

Maybe future Kung fu is better than past Kung fu.