Many find themselves reading digital comics. This has risen due to great companies such as comiXology. Their app and others alike make it quite simple to purchase and read comics without leaving your home. Marvel has taken an additional step to get people's feet wet with digital comics. The four dollar comics that some view as being expensive now have the added incentive of a free digital copy to be redeemed and used through their site. I have become aware of the multitude of ways to get comics in a thrifty manner:
- Marvel updates their app (available on iOS, Android, and PC) every Tuesday with three freecomics around noon.
- Marvel has 99¢ sales on Monday and Friday. These usually have a theme to them.
- comiXology also has sales regularly.
- Each publisher on comiXology tend to offer at least a few free comics.
- DC and Image will drop a $1 off the price after a comic has been released for a month.
- IDW drops their price in HALF after four to five weeks of a title being released.
- comiXology and Marvel accounts can be linked after sending a simple e-mail to their support team detailing your information.
- Finally, SHARE!!! Some are still adamant about reading comics in print and could care less about the digital copy.
- Also, if you have no need for the code Comic Vine has a trading forum just waiting to be used! Which can be found here.
- If that's not your style, sell the codes on eBay for some quick cash! Just put a few dollars as the Buy-It Now price and set the shipping to free because you can send them the code in a message.
I currently have 361 comics in my comiXology account. I've only been getting digital comics for a year. Of those 361, I've only paid for 27, and the majority of those were through the 99¢ sales.
Just some friendly tips for those in need. I hope this helps :)