How to start with infinite crisis?

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xtremekidx

I really want to read it but sadly dont know where to start.can anybody provide a link or list to all tie-ins and everything?i read somewhere that it goes all the way to final crisis....

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xtremekidx

*bump*

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By lightsout

I read these (& think I got a good grasp of the arc):

Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1

Day of Vengeance 1-6

The Omac Project 1-3

Wonder Woman v2 #219 (2005)

The Omac Project 4-6

Villains United 1-6

Rann Thanagar War 1-6

and then Infinite Crisis 1-7

BUT, if you really want a good telling of the arc, I HIGHLY recommend the novelization (aka book version of comic arc) by Greg Cox (just like look up Infinite Crisis Greg Cox on Amazon, it's only around $7-9). I read it after I had read the comics and I would have to say I enjoyed it even more (despite no-art). (Cox's novel of Final Crisis is an even bigger improvement on the comic-version (than with IC)).

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By jsphsmth

@lightsout said:

BUT, if you really want a good telling of the arc, I HIGHLY recommend the novelization (aka book version of comic arc) by Greg Cox (just like look up Infinite Crisis Greg Cox on Amazon, it's only around $7-9). I read it after I had read the comics and I would have to say I enjoyed it even more (despite no-art). (Cox's novel of Final Crisis is an even bigger improvement on the comic-version (than with IC)).

I am an event hater, but I did picked up the novelizations of Infinite Crisis, 52, Countdown, and Final Crisis on a whim. They were a good read and a good alternative to picking up all the floppies.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lightsout

@jsphsmth said:

@lightsout said:

I am an event hater, but I did picked up the novelizations of Infinite Crisis, 52, Countdown, and Final Crisis on a whim. They were a good read and a good alternative to picking up all the floppies.

I've read the comics of 52, and while I initially had trepidation because I knew it was focused less "popular" characters, I really enjoyed it. Would you say the novel of 52 would be worth the read? (I picked up IC & FC without hesitation, but with 52 I was unsure if the lack of art combined with more minor characters would not keep my attention (like the part of the story with Montoya becoming the new Question would just read like a detective novel & not a comic one)).

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By jsphsmth

@lightsout: 52 was my favorite. The novelization concentrated on Black Adam, Booster Gold, and the Question(s). I was only reading it because of the Question/Batwoman/Crime Bible connection, but the Black Adam part was amazing, and I hate to say it, for the first time ever I enjoyed reading Booster Gold.

If you like the work Cox did on the others, you should enjoy this as well.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lightsout

Sweet, once I finally get through the comic-related-novels I already have, I'll have to pick it up.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jsphsmth said:

@lightsout: 52 was my favorite. The novelization concentrated on Black Adam, Booster Gold, and the Question(s). I was only reading it because of the Question/Batwoman/Crime Bible connection, but the Black Adam part was amazing, and I hate to say it, for the first time ever I enjoyed reading Booster Gold.

If you like the work Cox did on the others, you should enjoy this as well.

I didn't really enjoy the novel. It's okay, and maybe one day I'll finish it, but I prefer the original 52.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lightsout

Oh noes! Conflict! haha. Good thing it'll probably take me forever to even finish the books I've got going now, so I won't have to make that decision for a while.

weenman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By weenman1

Go all the way back to Superman & Batman 6!

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xtremekidx

thanks guys,but from what i heard the crisis on infinite earth and all the tie-ins involved really confused me...so this really helps me...

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lightsout

@xtremekidx said:

thanks guys,but from what i heard the crisis on infinite earth and all the tie-ins involved really confused me...so this really helps me...

Just to be clear, Crisis on Infinite Earths is different from Infinite Crisis (because you used both title-names).

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Timandm

I think this link might help you out...

http://www.tradereadingorder.com/dc-series/infinite-crisis/

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Freefa11

@xtremekidx said:

In case you haven't read it, you should read the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, IMO. Final Crisis really is a continuation of that story, and you'll probably get a lot more of what's going on, and what Alex Luthor & Co are trying to accomplish if you know what happened in CoIE.

52 is a good read, but it occurs after Infinite Crisis, so I wouldn't worry about it yet, although it is worth reading on its own merits (though it can be a bit expensive to get the whole thing).

Final Crisis is a totally separate story that doesn't really have anything to do with Infinite Crisis.

Also, IMO, of the various tie-ins to the story, the ones that are the most useful are Countdown to IC and OMAC Project (including the Wonder Woman issue). They pretty much set the stage for the events to follow in IC. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Day of Vengeance and Villains United quite a bit, but ultimately I feel they are more stand-alone stories that really don't help to fill in or flesh out the actual Crisis event.