#1 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a fan of the TV show and while I prefer to buy single issue comics, lets face it - at 250 a 1st print just for the #1 (less than NM) it would be financially irresponsible to collect them in that fashion.

I've heart there are different types of trades/collections.

Which is the best?

#2 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

go with the Compendiums....the first collects issues 1-48 and the second collects 49-96 and you can get both on Amazon for under $35 a piece

#3 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by impossibilly (876 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of the hardcovers, because the art is printed on a bigger page. The compendiums are good if you only read at home. You don't want to lug those big guys around with you. The compendium pages are a little smaller than a standard comic book page if I recall correctly.

If you read on the go, I'd say to just breeze through the softcovers.

If you have an iPad, I'd say to read them in Comixology. They do $0.99 Walking Dead sales every now and again, usually tied into the start/end of each TV season.

#5 Posted by The_Tree (6411 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

go with the Compendiums....the first collects issues 1-48 and the second collects 49-96 and you can get both on Amazon for under $35 a piece

I'd go with these as well. More bang for your buck.

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

From left to right :P

#7 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

So the consensus is Compendium ... How often are these released? I am coming from a mainly DC pull and we all know how quickly they have been sending out their trades.

(oh and I really prefer physical copies..I dislike reading them on digital devices)

#8 Posted by cobsohn (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this is correct, but I remember the compendium having non-glossy pages as well as a size decrease. Cheapest is definitely digital but the high-res, thick, glossy pages of the trades is the same as the issues and how its meant to be enjoyed.

#9 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

@briangsharon said:

So the consensus is Compendium ... How often are these released? I am coming from a mainly DC pull and we all know how quickly they have been sending out their trades.

(oh and I really prefer physical copies..I dislike reading them on digital devices)

each compendium covers around 48 issues....the second compendium went to issue 96 and the current monthly issue is at 104....so they're are only two compendiums out right now...but the last one came out a few months after issue 96 was released

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

From left to right :P

So thats how a book works :I

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

From left to right :P

So thats how a book works :I

Just found out on this article. I'm still skeptical though...

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4669 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

From left to right :P

So thats how a book works :I

Man, I was about to say that ...