How to get your Girlfriend into Comics

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By UncleEmu

You only need one thing, and that is FABLES. Have your girlfriend read the first Fables TPB; suddenly you have someone who wants to go to the local shop, instead of waiting in the car or asking you to go before you come over.. After that you can slowly get her over to whatever you're into. I went the X-Men and Tin Tin route. Oh, and you're welcome.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

I don't know if I want a girlfriend who's as into comics as I am....I was dating this girl when Iron Man came out in theaters and it was so awesome to see her love the movie and then see her shock when I told her it was a comic book movie....if you're with someone who already knows all this stuff then you might get like the female version of "Comic book guy" and have her walking out of the movie critiquing everything about it....and where's the fun in that

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

either my girlfriend actually likes comics or she just pretends to. Either way I take her to see all those twilight movies so we are even in our addictions.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fodigg

My wife was never into comics but I got her into them with the following titles:

I tried the complete Bone but she hated lugging around such a big book. I tried Watchmen and that's where she stalled because it's dense and she doesn't know much about superhero comics so what good is castigating them on the page for her? If I get her to pick anything else up I'd probably try something like Ex Machina. Possibly Sandman or other Gaimen books but that might not be up her alley.

She has shown no interest in superhero books, which I'm fine with. Comics are not restricted to superhero books IMO. If I were to try and get her into a capes book, however, I'd go with Runaways, Invincible, or Spider-Man Blue.

She does go with me to see all the comic book movies for two reasons: I then owe her when she wants to see one of her movies and hunky actors in leather and spandex. Gotta love the beefcake.

Plot? Who needs plot? All you need is George Kirk with his shirt off and a beard.

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Depends on the girl. Not all of them fit the same mold; I have a female friend who enjoys Star Wars, Conan, and Thor on her own.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

The girl I'm seeing reads comics, but it's not all that wonderful.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

and why would I want that?
BB

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By luckydomino1

not all girls like comics obviously i am looking for a girl that already likes comics im not gonna try to get some girly girl into comics

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

@UncleEmu said:

You only need one thing, and that is FABLES. Have your girlfriend read the first Fables TPB; suddenly you have someone who wants to go to the local shop, instead of waiting in the car or asking you to go before you come over.. After that you can slowly get her over to whatever you're into. I went the X-Men and Tin Tin route. Oh, and you're welcome.

LOL - I think I have to agree with the FABLES angle. It's a great read - especially Snow White's mostly central role in the books.

Y-The Last Man is good as well - although done - but hey, sharing what you love with someone in your life is great. Don't need to be on board for everything, and its great to have something you enjoy all to yourself, but its fun getting exposed to new things. Cute post actually. :)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Billy Batson

@Edamame said:

Just put AXE spray on the comics. :)

women don't actually like AXE or so have I heard...
BB

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Primmaster64
@Edamame: But you know what women love?
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Primmaster64
@Edamame said:

@Primmaster64 said:

@Edamame: But you know what women love?

It begins with the letter "P", right?

I have such good memory.

...Oh...Yeah ;)
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Renchamp said:

The title made me think a guy in a bar trying to pick up a girl. "Hey, you could be in the comics."

Is this guy your imagining Greg Land, holding a camera and a bunch of tight spandex costumes? If so, then this is also what I thought....
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#17  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Lenore has always worked for me with women, I don't think it's possible to not like Lenore.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Tell her there is a diamond in it for her...

:P

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By CATPANEXE

These are very good ways to get your female significant into comic books. Here is another method I suggest.

- Tie her up to a chair and gag her.

- Flog her, spank her, (for the crime of denying the the clearly wonderful comics of course), pour melted wax on her, ect....

- Worry about whether comics should be read a different evening.

?

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

I'm about to start a relationship with a girl I met a 2 days ago...and she's into art...and I am want her to get into comics...The Big Bang Theory should conduct an experiment like this...