how to buy comics? digital?

papo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By papo

I currently get my comics at my local comic book store which is about 35 minutes from my house and they offered me a10%. Getting comics on you iphone/ android app can save you money on gas and sometimes if you wait a bit you can get comics on a cheaper prize. and also I just learn that you can subscribe to dc comics and they offer you a 25% on the new comics and they send them to your home. the subscription to dc option sounds really good but I guess I prefer to be loyal to my store. let me know what is your opinion.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

I usually go to the comic shop. or ebay. if its like the orignal version of batman than i dont bother looking because even if i found it. it'd be way too much $$$$$$$$$$$

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By noj

@papo: There are for sure benefits to digital but to me nothing really can replace the feeling of going into a shop and picking them up. Plus I would kinda feel like a dick if I stopped supporting them. The subscription thing DOES sound like a good thing though, but I doubt you could get them on release day and they would probably come a few days later. Plus I doubt you could guarantee condition and Im someone who really likes my comics in good condition.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@noj said:

@papo: There are for sure benefits to digital but to me nothing really can replace the feeling of going into a shop and picking them up. Plus I would kinda feel like a dick if I stopped supporting them. The subscription thing DOES sound like a good thing though, but I doubt you could get them on release day and they would probably come a few days later. Plus I doubt you could guarantee condition and Im someone who really likes my comics in good condition.

very true.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zackattack529

the way i feel about comics is i started collecting them before i really got interested in reading them. i started off collecting all of kyle Rayners series then i got sooo interested in the reads, i started to buy the current series back in 05' when Geoff johns took over. and over the years its been out of nostalgia that i continue to buy them in Print, because like someone here already said, NOTHING takes that feeling of going into your LCS and having it in your hands. and while buying digitally is more convenient in soo many ways, i still like the fact that i am building a SOLID collection that ill be able to pass onto my grandchildren, where they may pass it onto theirs OR sell it lol its both nostalgia and smart to collect the Prints IMO

papo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By papo

I understand I feel the same but after getting around 25 issues monthly I have really thinking about drooping issues or getting the dc subscription.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twentyfive

Sadly, I have no comic shop near my home. I mail order mine. I have no iphone, so digital is out of the question. But I like physical comics more than digital ones (just my opinion).

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#8  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Comic book store, though I am getting Green Lantern as a subscription from DC (which I get from the mail).

Werupenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Werupenstein

I dove into Comixology for the first time a few weeks ago and I'm loving it for picking up older stuff on sale.

Pretty much every day they have a new deal of about 30-50 comics on sale for $0.99; Daredevil and Grant Morrison on sale today.

New books go for cover prices, but after a few months everything drops down to $1.99, I'm not too concerned about keeping right up to date so it's not a big deal for me.

Works well on my phone, but I'm seriously wanting to get a tablet now...

I wish marvel unlimited had a mobile app, reading comics at the computer is not ideal.