How to bump a thread?

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I heard that bumping is used like to get good threads noticed and I don't know how to do it I want to do it to my Thread as it is really good but only few people so how?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Like this.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Just post on it and it will be bumped to the top.

Also, check this out for some guidelines on when to bump a thread. :)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@flashdamn: Bumping means simply posting in a thread so that it keeps near the first page of the topics, as most people don't bother to check after the fist page, or even latter half of first page on a forum.

You can't post more than two times in a row, though, so you'll have to ask your friend to bump it.

(Iirc someone found a trick to it, you can delete your second post and post again, but I've never tried.)

Other than that, the thread suggested in the above post is a good read..

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I heard that bumping is used like to get good threads noticed and I don't know how to do it I want to do it to my Thread as it is really good but only few people so how?

don't bump threads just to get them at the top of the page. if the threads are good, people will reply.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@flashdamn said:

don't bump threads just to get them at the top of the page. if the threads are good, people will reply.

Well, to be fair sometimes there's a spurt of activity in a very short time and it get's pushed to the next page or so...