How to become a vigilante,like batman or nightwing?

• 159 results
Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Mandarinestro

1. A gang of at least 10 physically fit former criminals to back you up.

2. A government official willing to vouch for you.

3. Support from everyone in your neighborhood.

4. A tombstone.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rogueshadow  Moderator

Be very good at one martial art that teaches you how to defend yourself and practice those moves many times.

Use this bullet proof vest , this bullet proof mask , this bullet proof helmet , this thing and a cool hoodie that doesn´t mess up with your view (customize this to make it look like you are terrorific).

Two batons (train on how to fight with them, if they are stun batons better), A taser, a tranqulizer gun.

Grab the criminals one by one when they are alone. Hit them where it hurts the most and beat them badly make sure that they know your name and how you are.

I wouldn't bother with the stun batons, they take up too much space, I think these would be better.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Not really. Wal-Mart sells bullet proof vests. As to OP specs, well, if he can afford the material, he can afford the people to make it for him.

@street_level_hero: Its a new method of manufacturing that gives it its ballistic properties. It's about woven fibers or something like that. Basically, the material weighs next to nothing and is twice as good as kevlar. Ill look around for the proper name, but im pretty sure thats it.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kyrees said:

last will and testament

This.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Be very good at one martial art that teaches you how to defend yourself and practice those moves many times.

Use this bullet proof vest , this bullet proof mask , this bullet proof helmet , this thing and a cool hoodie that doesn´t mess up with your view (customize this to make it look like you are terrorific).

Two batons (train on how to fight with them, if they are stun batons better), A taser, a tranqulizer gun.

Grab the criminals one by one when they are alone. Hit them where it hurts the most and beat them badly make sure that they know your name and how you are.

I wouldn't bother with the stun batons, they take up too much space, I think these would be better.

I actually metion it (the Thing). But I think that the batons are good. I think that the best thing you can do is to keep distance from the criminal (to have more reach than them). If the Op is a big guy who has long arms then the batons may not be as necessary.

Avatar image for street_level_hero
Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

@kyrees: Not really. Wal-Mart sells bullet proof vests. As to OP specs, well, if he can afford the material, he can afford the people to make it for him.

@street_level_hero: Its a new method of manufacturing that gives it its ballistic properties. It's about woven fibers or something like that. Basically, the material weighs next to nothing and is twice as good as kevlar. Ill look around for the proper name, but im pretty sure thats it.

Can you find a link to where you read about it and how it can stop a. 50 cal bullet and link it here please? This is PolyEthylene:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also remember these 3 things to become a vigilante: You don´t need to be a badass to be a vigilante, you just need to be brave, There are times when running away is the right thing to do and try to have some fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@street_level_hero:

"A new material developed by Dutch scientists has made its way into soft body armor. Dyneema SB61 is a fiber made from an extremely high grade of the common plastic polyethylene."

and the link here

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@black_arrow: My bad, I didn't click on that link. The sticks just seem like unnecessary weight. Might be good to see if you could customise expandable batons to be connected to the electric gauntlets' power source so that you can run the electricity through them. This allows you to select what you need based on the situation and wouldn't have the bulk of carrying around full stun baton, they seem pretty big, around twice the length and girth of an expandable baton.

At some point, some nutter with a trust fund really will try this stuff, like... full on Batman, lol.

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

@street_level_hero:

"A new material developed by Dutch scientists has made its way into soft body armor. Dyneema SB61 is a fiber made from an extremely high grade of the common plastic polyethylene."

and the link here

Awesome! Thank you very much for finding that. It seems you are quite correct and it is made of polyethlene. Is there another article where it states that it can stop .50 cal rounds?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: My bad, I didn't click on that link. The sticks just seem like unnecessary weight. Might be good to see if you could customise expandable batons to be connected to the electric gauntlets' power source so that you can run the electricity through them. This allows you to select what you need based on the situation and wouldn't have the bulk of carrying around full stun baton, they seem pretty big, around twice the length and girth of an expandable baton.

At some point, some nutter with a trust fund really will try this stuff, like... full on Batman, lol.

Yeah if hey would be expandable they would be great. The problem of some nutter doing that is that someone of his family is more prone to send him to a psychologist before helping him.

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Yeah if hey would be expandable they would be great. The problem of some nutter doing that is that someone of his family is more prone to send him to a psychologist before helping him.

No Caption Provided

http://www.amazon.com/POWERFULL-RECHARGEABLE-EXPANDABLE-Flashlight-Protection/dp/B00O53CUU6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1419750617&sr=8-4&keywords=expandable+stun+baton

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189:

Have we established the OP lives in the US? If he doesn't, then buying body armour for a start is going to be tough...

Here's an idea: If you want to fight crime... become a Police Officer! They even get paid to do it.

Seriously.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Probably, not everybody can be Alfred. I'm damn sure that I don't know anybody who would help me.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably make an electrified eskrima or baton

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@street_level_hero: Thanks, that'll probably be my bulletproof layer.

You're very welcome. If it ends up being too cost prohibitive perhaps try Titanium, Titanium-Zirconium, or Carbonized Titanium.

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably make an electrified eskrima or baton

Make sure stun gun tech is legal in your state: it is a felony to own them in some states.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In recent new today- Man found dead trying to use a super man cape to glide off building and attack Jaywalkers.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@vigilante333: Aside from H2H, armour, melee weapons ect. How is your detective work? Could you actually track down a bad guy before the police do with only a fraction of their resources?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vigilante333: here's one last thing to remember: the police won't like vigilantes like you meddling with their jobs and the criminals won't like it if you are pestering them. make yourself more significant to the bigger crime syndicates in your area and you are more likely to get stringed up regardless of your training and hiding. this ain't the comic world where criminal organizations are stupid enough to let people who their operations off the hook easily.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By modernww2fare  Online
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think you could be a Vigilante like Batman and Nightwing. I think, you would have to be closer to the Punisher in order to even almost expect to make it back home that night.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

WTF is going on?

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kay first of all I am 16, so I have become a good detective. I also would stop small crimes by listening to police scanner. I might go after bigger crimes or gangs stuff like that after 2 yrs or so of crimefighting, and i am not going to have a cape

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I have lots of time to become a good detective

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@street_level_hero: Isn't being a vigilante illegal in the first plae already?

I am reasonably certain that the op really means crime fighter and is using the term "vigilante" loosely and there are real life superheroes fighting crime lawfully every day.

In the strictest sense, yes, vigilantism can be an illegal act depending on the jurisdiction but the Guardian Angels and others have actually been vigilantes so I believe there are acts of vigilantism that are permitted as long as said acts do not violate any existing laws outside of a broader "vigilantism" law that may exist.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vigilante333: your age doesn't make you a good detective, more or less it makes you a target because of how predictable you can be. the kind of vigilantism you will be planning in the long run will get you killed because the government doesn't protect people like you like they do to the police and the police has its share of losses to those kind of elements. there's a reason real life superheroes don't go against the big ones.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't go against the gov., until I am trained to the max and only if they were doing really bad stuff (corrupt cops). I'd also have backup

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

@vigilante333 said:

I wouldn't go against the gov., until I am trained to the max and only if they were doing really bad stuff (corrupt cops). I'd also have backup

So you really are gonna do it or are you just pulling our legs right now?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

- Common Sense

- Mental evaluation

- Hired body guard

- Have 911 on speed dial

- If you're going to get into a fight, then make sure there is a hospital around

- Make sure you have REALLY good insurance

lol

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kay first of all I am 16, so I have become a good detective. I also would stop small crimes by listening to police scanner. I might go after bigger crimes or gangs stuff like that after 2 yrs or so of crimefighting, and i am not going to have a cape

If you hear about a crime on a police scanner, that pretty much means the Police are on their way.

Why don't you just join the Police if you want to fight crime? It's a whole lot more effective than trying to do it on your own.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to join for for a couple years, but police are corrupt. I am not saying all are corrupt. And I would go on patrol and use the police scanner if I am closer.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want it to a job

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to join for for a couple years, but police are corrupt. I am not saying all are corrupt. And I would go on patrol and use the police scanner if I am closer.

Well that attitude is sure going to serve you well in your adventures...

Have fun getting arrested wearing a bulletproof wetsuit.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hahaha

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By modernww2fare  Online
kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kyrees

@vigilante333: being serious to this kind of vigilantism means you will die a violent death and no amount of training and armor would spare you from it and no, the government will easily hand your ass over regardless of training you do. you ain't batman and you ain't fighting an inept government.

your backup won't even last if the government and bigger crime organizations decides to hunt you down and if the latter decides to be more brutal, they will take your family members with you.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'll die

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine I would stay in town and no government stuff I would stay with small crimes. Until I feel confident with my set up and training.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vigilante333: your feeling of confidence is inconsequential because you will be fighting a group that has better resources than you have even if you go full guerrilla mode and cutoff your ties to anyone. even military men hide their faces when they go against bigger crime syndicates and they are protected by the government.

vigilante333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I would hide my face, and I already told you that i wouldn't go after any big crime syndicates

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By kyrees

@vigilante333: in this day and age, a mask is only as useful if you don't piss off the wrong kind of people who can easily track you down.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DigitalShooter9

Acquire these:

• 2 tasers
  • 1 helmet
  • brass knuckles
  • custom jumpsuit
  • custom mask
  • car (cover the license plate)
  • pepper spray
  • something like a belt to holster your stuff.
  • moderate cqc training.
  • bullet proof vest

If you have everything above, you should be able to operate against most small scale stuff going on. (mugging, shoplifting, street gangs etc.)

Carry a pistol incase you get into real trouble.

PS: You WILL die...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7