#1 Posted by oceanmaster21 (12006 posts) - - Show Bio

Some ppl say Thor is as strong as superman some say he is not but wht I wonder.is how strong is Thor physicaly without his hammer and what powers dose he have without his hammer

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4338 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir doesn't amp his physical strength. His belt does that. It doubles his natural strength.
As for what he can do without Mjolnir: He can naturally control the weather and create continent splitting earthquakes. Mjolnir just lets him do that easier and with greater control.

Mjolnir allows him to fly, teleport between realms, and a myriad of other abilities that are as varied as Silver Age Superman's powerset.

#3 Posted by kgb725 (11004 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a top tier guy in the strength department and can control the weather and also godblast he can levitate but cant fly hes also bulletproof

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (26598 posts) - - Show Bio

without his hammer or belt he's class 100 with his belt he's a 200 tonner his hammer has nothing to do with his strength

#5 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (683 posts) - - Show Bio

he's about as strong as my morning coffee

#6 Posted by oceanmaster21 (12006 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: so do u have any scans of thor and the belt and do u have scans of thor controlingbweather without his hammer or lavitate i didnt know thor cud do all that

#7 Posted by kgb725 (11004 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: sorry to say but idk how to post scans but you can see it on virtually any respect thread

#8 Edited by sommyt (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: CLASS 100 MEANS IN EXCESS OF 100TONS THOR HAS FEATS THAT HAVE BEEN IN THE BILLIONS OF TONS

#9 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3998 posts) - - Show Bio

WW level I'd say.

#10 Edited by joshmightbe (26598 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt: which is why i said he's class 100 because he can lift more than 100 tons

#11 Edited by Marcusmdc (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: Real talk..Here is the run down to Thors strength. Thor without the hammer like The Hulk has no limit to his strength. He has gone toe tot toe with the hulk while Hulk was enraged getting stronger. They both locked hands trying to over power each other..no hammer in use, just arm strength they both struggled for an hour and niether could gain the upper ground. Also somebody a few months ago asked Hulk while in Bruce Banner form who was stronger between thr Hulk and Thor...Banner replied ,"That is the ETERNAL DEBATE". Thor does not receive any strength from his hammer at all...but without his hammer or the belt of strength he still has unlimited strength...uthey even say tht on many Marvel wikis..

#12 Posted by Marcusmdc (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Real talk..Here is the run down to Thors strength. Thor without the hammer like The Hulk has no limit to his strength. He has gone toe tot toe with the hulk while Hulk was enraged getting stronger. They both locked hands trying to over power each other..no hammer in use, just arm strength they both struggled for an hour and niether could gain the upper ground. Also somebody a few months ago asked Hulk while in Bruce Banner form who was stronger between thr Hulk and Thor...Banner replied ,"That is the ETERNAL DEBATE". Thor does not receive any strength from his hammer at all...but without his hammer or the belt of strength he still has unlimited strength...uthey even say tht on many Marvel wikis..

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (86157 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's physical strength isn't affected by his hammer.

He's just as strong with it as he is without it. His hammer allows him to channel his power more efficiently and it also allows him to strike his foes harder not to mention allowing him to perform various other energy wielding and transportation feats. Thus his hammer makes him more powerful but it doesn't make him physically stronger.

#14 Posted by SheenLantern (7409 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's physical strength isn't affected by his hammer.

He's just as strong with it as he is without it. His hammer allows him to channel his power more efficiently and it also allows him to strike his foes harder not to mention allowing him to perform various other energy wielding and transportation feats. Thus his hammer makes him more powerful but it doesn't make him physically stronger.

#15 Posted by marvelbeatsdc (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has the belt of strength which doubles his strength in battle but leaves him weakened afterwards which mean he is just as strong with mjolnir as he is with out it.

#16 Posted by Cooldes (4243 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, I hate to beat a dead horse, but just to put the final nail in the coffin:

Notice the lack of any hammer in this shot

Yet, Thor is matching the "Prince of Power" in pure strength. In fact, in real mythology, I believe Thor (in some incarnations) is actually a Norse god of strength, so this shouldn't really come as a surprise to anybody, really.

#18 Edited by Cgoodness (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

imagine Hercules and a amped up Storm combined.....

#19 Posted by w0nd (5268 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Cooldes (4243 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: i've always thught we put

Character statement <<<<<< Actual Feats

He can fly storm style w/no hammer

#21 Edited by Wolfrazer (9800 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Thor even have the belt of strength if he can exceed 100 tons anyway? When a character is passed that mark, I don't see the real need to have a belt of strength...

#22 Posted by w0nd (5268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@w0nd: i've always thught we put

Character statement <<<<<< Actual Feats

He can fly storm style w/no hammer

because i thought we were going by what they currently do/ have said lately i have not seen him fly without his helicopter hammer spin. I think every since the movie he has been consistently doing it, but yeah i guess he can fly like storm as well. Wonder how fast he can travel like that

#23 Edited by Phillisodinson (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: Everything you said was correct, except for the belt part. Writers barely implement the belt any more, his amplified strength is conveyed as more of a natural ability.

#24 Posted by Divell (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

His physical strength would not be affected without his hammer. What would be affected is his abilities to flight faster than light and teleport himself around everywhere. Mjolnirg also amplified his control of cosmic energies and weather control, but he is still capable of doing only that he wouldn't be capable to do it as he was. He can still use the Belt of Strength to make him stronger than Superman easily.

In strength Thor with Belt >> Superman > Thor without Belt > Hulk.

In power Thor with Mjolnirg >> Superman > Thor without Mjolnirg > Hulk.

Now Thor is using a Mjolnirg with powers similar to the Worth Hammer but it is for Unworthy instead of Worthy. I think Marvel is working in a big project to make their heroes even more powerful than ever or is just losing his time and ours and doing things random.

#25 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (27174 posts) - - Show Bio

We are about to find out soon...

#26 Posted by DBVSE7 (7121 posts) - - Show Bio

Below Superman even more.

#27 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

Not nearly as powerful as with his hammer. He loses his powers that make him close to Superman-level. However, he still has great strength, durability, and weather-based powers. He doesn't lose all his powers as many think he does.

#28 Posted by Cgoodness (11762 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by MasterKungFu (17249 posts) - - Show Bio

very very very strong indeed

#30 Posted by albusan (2688 posts) - - Show Bio

He was kicking the X-Men's butts in Axis without the hammer.

#31 Edited by Sophisticated_Ignorance (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to send people with Hulk like strength and durability flying and KO them. These scans prove Thor physically holds back against The Hulk btw.