How strong is someone if-

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RBT

They can hurl somebody in the orbit. Answer in respect of some other character. Like they're ABC level strong.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

100+ tonner.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolverine08 Yeah. But a lot of characters are 100+ tonner. IM, Thing, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Superman... Where would they fit?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I read that cyborg was not past 10 tons

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

i wish i was tht strong :(

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

About 1/14 as powerful as me.

ComeOutAndPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 tonner...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 tonner...

You mean to say that Spiderman(who is almost 25 tonner) can throw someone in orbit?

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that +100 tonners are capable of such a feat. You need to be far above that kind of strenght. Not sure how strong though, because there is a lot of stuff you need to consider, when doing the math.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:

I don't think that +100 tonners are capable of such a feat. You need to be far above that kind of strenght. Not sure how strong though, because there is a lot of stuff you need to consider, when doing the math.

Has WW ever done that?

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Even if she has, she is not a regular +100 tonner. She is far above that. +100 tonner was a term for heroes in their early days, where lifting more than 100 tons was a ridiciulous feat. Nowdays someone like Superman, who is classified as a +100 tonner lifts the Earth. You need far more strenght than just the typical 0-100 tons to throw or punch someone into the orbit. That's what I think that is.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:

@rbt: Even if she has, she is not a regular +100 tonner. She is far above that. +100 tonner was a term for heroes in their early days, where lifting more than 100 tons was a ridiciulous feat. Nowdays someone like Superman, who is classified as a +100 tonner lifts the Earth. You need far more strenght than just the typical 0-100 tons to throw or punch someone into the orbit. That's what I think that is.

I think punching someone in orbit would require much strength than throwing them. Anyways, thanks.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chibio said:

this

it would take a lot to break through with the mass of a human body.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a matter of strength per say, it's a matter of how much force is needed to send a person into space.

100-300 tonners.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By batmannflash

definitely way above 100 tons. that's a feat for only someone like Superman or Hulk. Not sure about Wonder Woman doing it. And to an above post, Cyborg is only about 15 tons. pre new 52 he was about 5-10 tons.

100+ tonners include Iron Man, Thing, Aquaman, WW, GL, etc.. but they still shouldn't be able to throw someone out of orbit.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Same as a spaceship-that can hurl people into space.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

There is some math behind it that could be figured out by some clever people. But someone might be able to figure out how much energy you'd need to make a 80kg object move up with at least 11,2 km/s, which is a little different than to lift something, like the amount of energy you can transfer to the object with the reach of your arms.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dondave

You'd need to to be far more than a 100 tonner. New 52 Aquaman has been lifting Submarines and Cruise Ships which weigh far more than 100 tonnes in weight and I wouldn't suggest he could punch or throw someone into Orbit

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. My question now is, has WW ever done that?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsterStomp

Hurling someone into orbit would take more momentum than just strength. Flash could probably hurl someone into space and he is just peak human strength. Batman can't hurl someone into orbit and he is above peak human.

Momentum > Strength in this situation. Though I think anyone with Superman level strength would be needed.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:

I don't think that +100 tonners are capable of such a feat. You need to be far above that kind of strenght.

Which is why it has a +.

Implying it's above 100 tons.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: I'm only half-wrong but glad to see cyborg a little stronger

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Top tier Class 100 or higher.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically everything is always in orbit of everything. Your computer mouse is orbiting you, because it is less mass then you are. (I assume) But to be put into Earth's orbit, you would need to be pretty strong, unless, of course, you're on the ISS. I don't think I answered your question, though, I kind of just went off on a tangent.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Escape velocity is mach 34, so you need to be able to throw them at slightly less then that.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 SC  Moderator

Reading this as how strong does someone need to be to throw another unfortunate person into space? Like past the Karman line? I'd randomly guess being able to lift around 740,000,000 tons maybe, but someone with better maths should be able to come up with a better figure, because I ignored a lot of factors. The escape velocity of Earth I think is around 11.2 km per second, I just looked around to see how much power behind space shuttle launches were, and naturally they are lifting much heavier loads but some people can be really really huge too so it could just be a really huge dude like Blob or Volstagg. There are different stats given for the various rockets/shuttles, but I settled at one figure of a combined 37 million HP. Also there are various reference points out there that can be used as rough frames, like humans throwing baseballs and how much supposed horsepower a weight lifter generates with various types of lift. Then you just need to scale the numbers up. Except lighting something heavy is a lot more simpler than throwing something from Earth into space, gravity, wind, air friction, and so on are factors.

I know Hulk, Thor have thrown or knocked things into space, characters that can move faster than 11.2 km per second should be able to as well, I figure lots of characters have demonstrations of knocking human sized things into space or lifting in excess of above tonnage and or greater. Like any characters that can resist the effects/pull of a black hole probably could. Any character that lift a big mountain.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1000+

HaiDer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they threw someone into space, the person they threw would probably disintegrate before they made it