• 191 results
WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WenjunChew

NOTE: We are talking about ANIME Arceus, not GAMES' Arceus because the latter would be easily owned with a Masterball.

In that single Pokemon movie where Arceus shows up, we know that Arceus has 16 plates (By now with the introduction of the Fairy type it would be 17 plates but that's digression), giving Arceus the defensive advantage from any type of attack. However, with Arceus missing 5 specific plates, he's rendered vulnerable to the point where could actually be taken out by electric attacks. Not only that in the movie, he's shown to be vulnerable to meteorites.

So I propose that a street leveler with the right resources could do this:

1. Lure Arceus to a visible spot on Planet Earth.

2. Launch lighting-speed projectiles from space at Arceus when he is not expecting it. Justice League watchtower can do such stuff for instance.

3. Incapacitate Arceus, in which he would lose some plates.

4. When Arceus lost some plates, use a weapon of a strategic type to engage Arceus in a fight.

Amongst the street-levelers who I think can handle Arceus in a battle are the following: Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Batman, and Reed Richards. They are smart enough or have the right resources to do so.

Agree/Disagree? Discuss.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hank Pym.

/thread

He's probably pushing the limits for street level, though.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fighting type moves are super effective.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid!

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WenjunChew

@cgoodness said:
No Caption Provided

Unfortunately the Master Ball never showed any feats where it can capture anime Arceus.

@beaconofstrength said:

Hank Pym.

/thread

He's probably pushing the limits for street level, though.

Hank Pym can do it too, he's a genius level intellect and I think he can beat even Galactus by himself. However, I don't classify him as street-level.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

1. Batman.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presuming arcesus just sits there and lets the street level characters do it.. it could work. Idk much about pokemon.. so I'll tag @those_eyes:

But if batman can do it, pretty much anyone can.. Arcesus isn't as big a deal as I heard then. :p

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presuming arcesus just sits there and lets the street level characters do it.. it could work. Idk much about pokemon.. so I'll tag @those_eyes:

But if batman can do it, pretty much anyone can.. Arcesus isn't as big a deal as I heard then. :p

this is stupid and should be flagged.

The part where arcesus got hit by meteors is non cannon. Palkia and daliga where making a universe and destroying one at the same time and arceus stomped them both at the same time. Arcesus knows every move so he could use any pokemon move he wanted which includes reality warping like jirachi can do.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I don't really care tbh. Just thought you should know about the thread.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WenjunChew

@princearagorn1 said:

The part where arcesus got hit by meteors is non cannon. Palkia and daliga where making a universe and destroying one at the same time and arceus stomped them both at the same time. Arcesus knows every move so he could use any pokemon move he wanted which includes reality warping like jirachi can do.

Making a universe means nothing in a fight.

You can't just throw Arceus' weakness as non-canon out just because you don't like it. The fact is: Arceus got hit by meteors, a human saved him, and then humans betrayed him and forced him into a slumber.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Honelstly, arceus

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honelstly, arceus

Arceus loses you mean?

Arceus is powerful, no doubt, but his weaknesses are exploitable by resourceful street-levelers.

Superman or Flash alone would thrash Arceus badly.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@princearagorn1 said:

You can't just throw Arceus' weakness as non-canon out just because you don't like it. The fact is: Arceus got hit by meteors, a human saved him, and then humans betrayed him and forced him into a slumber.

Hold on when did I make up him being hit by a meteor non canon? its actually non canon.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: maybe you should tell wenjun how significantly nerfed the anime is compared to the game.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew:

You have to make this in gen. discussion or somewhere else, this is not battle thread... !

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@princearagorn1 said:

Hold on when did I make up him being hit by a meteor non canon? its actually non canon.

@kyrees said:

@those_eyes: maybe you should tell wenjun how significantly nerfed the anime is compared to the game.

I was talking about Anime Arceus all the time.

Game Arceus is even more laughable.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder said:

Honelstly, arceus

Arceus loses you mean?

Arceus is powerful, no doubt, but his weaknesses are exploitable by resourceful street-levelers.

WTH? You're classifying Superman and Flash as street levelers? That's ridiculous even for you.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder said:

Honelstly, arceus

Arceus loses you mean?

WTH? You're classifying Superman and Flash as street levelers? That's ridiculous even for you.

I didn't say that.

I'm just talking in terms of a fight.

Everyone knows that Superman and Flash are above street level. But it doesn't mean that street levels can't take them on for a fight.

I was just saying that in this fight, some users thought that Arceus is like the TOAA of the Pokemon universe when in reality he's at "wanked" levels merely planetary.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kyrees

@wenjunchew: the plate system of arceus on the anime and on the game are different. the plate system on the game gives him one form per plate and gives him powers and weakness related to that plate. they are also independent from one another. the plate system in the anime power him and are interconnected to one another.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

the plate system of arceus on the anime and on the game are different. the plate system on the game gives him one form per plate and gives him powers and weakness related to that plate. they are also independent from one another. the plate system in the anime power him and are interconnected to one another.

Eh...

Lets see. Game versions and anime versions cannot be compared.

Anime versions' legendary pokemon for instance, are far more powerful, sometimes in order of magnitude, from "ordinary pokemon". Game versions of legendaries on the other hand can be taken out using the right pokemon and strategy.

For Game version of Arceus, each battle only allows him a single type, and he's only marginally more powerful than the other legendaries (statistically), and even in that aspect he still loses to Mega Mewtwo.

For Anime version of Arceus, yes, he switches forms at will. The anime Arceus is far more powerful than the games' Arceus in terms of showings. However, it is shown that sufficient power is enough to injure him, as such are meteorites and ORDINARY pokemon's attacks too. Even Pikachu managed to damage him when he was missing 5 of the plates.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: the game versions are more powerful than their anime versions because if you look at their pokedex entries, which is considered canon to pokemon arguments, you'd see entries that would contradict the anime. lugia for example has a pokedex entry that say that its wing flap can cause a 40 day storm. muk is slow walking toxic facility and machamp can do 1,000 punches in two seconds with enough strength to lift a mountain

in-game mechanics are ignored in pokemon argument/video game arguments because it all falls on the player on how to react to it, not on the character itself.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Battle.

+ Explain how Street Levelers can beat Speedsters.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

the game versions are more powerful than their anime versions because if you look at their pokedex entries, which is considered canon to pokemon arguments, you'd see entries that would contradict the anime. lugia for example has a pokedex entry that say that its wing flap can cause a 40 day storm. muk is slow walking toxic facility and machamp can do 1,000 punches in two seconds with enough strength to lift a mountain

in-game mechanics are ignored in pokemon argument/video game arguments because it all falls on the player on how to react to it, not on the character itself.

Pokedex entries are mostly hyperbole and considered part of "character statements" which is not necessarily reliable.

Even if we ignore in-game mechanics, the fact is that in the games' story, a teenage boy/girl is capable of "owning" Arceus and other legendaries with merely man-made technology.

Hence I'd argue anime versions of legendaries are more powerful.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kyrees

@wenjunchew: it may not be reliable but given the stark differences on anime, the game and the manga, you really can't say anything to it and mixing the three versions doesn't help in making a good argument

an actual game story doesn't include legendaries as something you can own, despite the in-game mechanic that you can catch one. it's also in-game mechanic that you can defeat them with one hit or defeat them with 200 hits.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WenjunChew

@kyrees said:

it may not be reliable but given the stark differences on anime, the game and the manga, you really can't say anything to it and mixing the three versions doesn't help in making a good argument

an actual game story doesn't include legendaries as something you can own, despite the in-game mechanic that you can catch one. it's also in-game mechanic that you can defeat them as well with one hit.

Well, I feel that legends are often exaggerated and so on, the game story never really showed much feats of the legendaries. So far what I see of them showing off in the games are them playing as forces of nature within Planet Earth. That's their best showings.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Battle.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Don't make threads in the battle section if its not a battle

This belongs in gen. dissuscion or off topic

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Battle.

@wenjunchew: Don't make threads in the battle section if its not a battle

This belongs in gen. dissuscion or off topic

Erm, how is it not a battle?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew

Because this is a disuccusion thread, not a battle.

There are not characters battling each other, only you proposing a rather illogical idea that street levels of any sort could beat arceus. Either set up specific characters or have a mod move it to discussion

thanks

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because this is a disuccusion thread, not a battle.

There are not characters battling each other, only you proposing a rather illogical idea that street levels of any sort could beat arceus. Either set up specific characters or have a mod move it to discussion

thanks

Actually there are: Either Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Batman or any other similar street-levelers.

Its not an illogical idea.

But I know where you are coming from.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: / 33:20

Loading Video...

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arceus is like abstract level, the only street leveler I can see beating him is someone like John Constantine with prep.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@strictlyanime: haven't seen you in a while :)

how has my anime counterpart been?

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not a battle.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: / 33:20

Loading Video...

And that does what? Didn't even cover the entire planet, only city level. The street levels can stay far away from a far distance and target Arceus.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StrictlyAnime

@princearagorn1: Fine fine, got busy with school and my friends got me into League of Legends and I let myself forget to drop by here during the summer

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Street-levelers can dodge what is essentially a meteor shower?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wenjunchew: This belongs in General Discussion. NOT in the battle fourms.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

well, he's trying to find a specific situation where street level characters could beat high level characters. I could just as easily place a street leveler, the likes of batman, at the end of a long kryptonite tunnel and have him shoot superman. It's never going to happen in actual battle lol.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Oh god, ima flag then move on.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there is a street leveler who can take down Arceus but its overrated as hell even the game version

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

SPITE

The Presence > or = Arceus.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@xlr87t3 said:

@those_eyes: Is Arceus omnipotent?

Yes, he is the GOD of the Pokemon Universe!...not like a DC GOD (Sky Father)...more like, really GOD...like the Presense...he was the creator of everything!

Asking what Street-leveler could beat Arceus, its like asking, if Captain America can beat The Presence...lol.

Arceus was "downgraded" on the movie, due to obvious reasons...what would it make, GOD vs anyone else?...it would be ridiculous, so they made Arceus just look like a real powerfull pokemon like Mew and Mewtwo on "Pokemon the movie", or like Lugia, and the 3 legendary birds, on "Pokemon movie 2".

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By those_eyes

Get this thread locked now! I will not have pokemon made a mockery of.

No Caption Provided

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strictlyanime said:

well, he's trying to find a specific situation where street level characters could beat high level characters. I could just as easily place a street leveler, the likes of batman, at the end of a long kryptonite tunnel and have him shoot superman. It's never going to happen in actual battle lol.

Look at it takes way. Remember chthulu got hit by a boat then stoped fighting and it reformed and went to sleep after that. Are you saying street levelers can beat chthulu because he got hit by a boat? This is the same as saying street levlers can beat arceus because he got hit by a meteor?

Why does everyone accept the lore of chthulu and his power but not arceus? Chthulu gets pitted up against galactus all the time and nobody complains but put arceus up against batman and people actually make a case for batman winning.