How smart do you think the general audience is?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In terms of comic book related properties, how much do you think the average individual can wrap their head around? I'm talking the type who may have a passing fancy for Superman, Spider-Man, or Batman, and some knowledge of Green Lantern, Flash, Captain America, and The Hulk.

Seems comic book fans think the general audience can't wrap their heads around certain things, like the multiverse or the idea of one character being played by two actors at the same time? Like their heads will explode or something trying to figure it out.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No they'll just think it's really stupid and need a brief explanation we just act like it's complicated i have explained the hole incursion storyline in brief in 5 minutes to a friend of mine were just acting smart.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think its a matter of 'how smart is the audience'? I think its more a matter as Chazz sort of mentioned of just adequately explaining w/e story you want to do in a movie. Be it a sci fi movie such as Inception(which really became too convoluted for its own good) or a cbm, its more about doing a good job telling the story than it is worrying about whether the audience can handle the idea of multiverses or have a basic knowledge of a comic character. The onus is on the director to make things work and seem plausible while not forcing people to have to google stuff to have an idea of what is going on in the movie.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Most people in America are not what I would call smart. Nor attractive.

This is why vids of old ladies falling face first into cat poop are super popular, but the same audience won't Google a word they don't know how to spell - they just wing it like "nailed it".

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MakkyD

Well from my behind the desk perspective, they're idiots and need cliches and predictable plots or else they'll get confused.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On a serious note, they're no more complicated than films such as Interstellar and Inception and they're popular among the general audience.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd say they are pretty smart. It's just sometimes they don't want to think too much when watching a film and CBMs aren't exactly hyped as Oscar worthy films when it comes to storylines and acting.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very. I'm that guy who explains everything to all of my friends and family members.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

one day they'll say darkseid is a rip-off from thanos

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

aside from listening to popular opinion or lack of knowledge, not very.