#1 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the Court and Night Of the Owls saga mainly due to the fact 1.) it shows just how human Batman was and 2.) the twist about Lincoln March

I could understand that some fans were hurt over the DOTF ending but to me honestly it was pretty great

And Zero year is pretty exciting right now if u ask me

What do you think ?

#2 Edited by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Night of Owls was delightful. It has been average since then. But I find Zero Year to be ho-hum, so take my opinion with a grain of Bat-salt.

DISCLAIMER: Never, EVER inhale Bat-salts.

#3 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Snyder's Batman run. But a lot of people hate it

#4 Posted by Kangaxx_54 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Snyder's run, but it seems that there are many who don't. For example the 'I shall become a bat' scene from Batman #23. There's a long discussion of it on the Batman board, with most people not liking it, but I found it at least as good as Year One, and perhaps even better (sacriledge!). The 'bat destroys window pane by flying into it' thing has never resonated very well with me.

But overall it seems to me that those who've been reading Batman for a long time prefer the classics, while newer readers, such as me, like Snyder just fine. I don't think it's because we don't/can't appreciate the classics, but perhaps because we don't have so many years of history; of how 'it's supposed to be', and as such are more open to other interpretations.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Snyder's run, but it seems that there are many who don't. For example the 'I shall become a bat' scene from Batman #23. There's a long discussion of it on the Batman board, with most people not liking it, but I found it at least as good as Year One, and perhaps even better (sacriledge!). The 'bat destroys window pane by flying into it' thing has never resonated very well with me.

But overall it seems to me that those who've been reading Batman for a long time prefer the classics, while newer readers, such as me, like Snyder just fine. I don't think it's because we don't/can't appreciate the classics, but perhaps because we don't have so many years of history; of how 'it's supposed to be', and as such are more open to other interpretations.

and because you don't know any better. it's like trying to get a twilight fan to read dracula.

#6 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

SEARCH FUNCTION