How's "Locke & Key"?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_red_viper  Moderator

So I was browsing Amazon the other day and I came across a title called "Locke & Key" by Joe Hill (published by IDW). Is it worth a shot? Looks cool enough, and the reviews are pretty damn good. I'm not too familiar with alternative comics and I havn't read almost anything that doesn't belong to DC or Marvel (or Vertigo). Will it be a good start?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skit

Definitely try it out, it is a very good series if you like sorta horror. I should note though that it isn't traditionally published and by that I mean it doesn't go 1-40 something issues that it's currently at.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it. It rarely gets super-intense (but still has a definite tone) but the core concept is very interesting and the characters have meaningful interactions and motivations, so you really want to stick with the story.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best comic series i have ever read.Amazing character work that will bring to tears, it has suspense so palpable you will probably never guess what happens next,You will never know what comes next issue but you'll be glad to know that it will always be the same writer and amazing artist.And because it rarely happens in comics it must be said ,Locke and Key also sticks the landing.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I definitely would try this out! It's probably one of the best series I've read from IDW comics and the story is really interesting and exciting at the same time!