#1 Posted by kgb725 (5452 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you rather your fav hero to be uber powerful or uses other things like smarts and resources to win ?

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19497 posts) - - Show Bio

A mixture really, but I feel new 52 supernan is the sweet spot.

#3 Edited by comicace3 (3466 posts) - - Show Bio

I want my superhero to be superhuman. I mean they gave Black panther an upgrade. Why not Batman? Make him at least a 2 toner with enhanced reflexes, super brain activity and senses. Maybe some kind of accident should give those powers.... Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be as powerful as superman or WW, but at least give him enough power so there would be a chance he could defeat one of those superheroes with prep without anyone saying it's PIS.

#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5377 posts) - - Show Bio

I care more about the character than the powers. My favorite hero being one of the most powerful just so happens to be a bonus.

#5 Edited by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

As powerful as the almighty Batman.

#6 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

For my fav guy give spidey back his "other" powers and i'd be happy, for my fav girl...well She's already the most powerful member of the F4 so i'm happy.

#7 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The American military is gaining in strength as the years roll along and super hero powers will need to keep up. A nuclear bomb or big bomb for sure should be able to kill Superman if Superman is to be more believable in power levels. A big missile should be able to knock out Superman so kryptonite is not really needed. Lots of smaller missiles from jets should be able to knock out Superman.

#8 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that my favorite hero is Superman, some of the maximum values I'd assign to his powers would be as follows:

• Super Speed - 46 billion light-years per planck time
  • Telescopic Vision - 46 billion-light years (delivered at speeds equal to the exchange of information between entangled particles)
  • Microscopic Vision - 1.616199(97)×10−35 meters (planck length)
  • Heat vision - 1.416785(71)×1032 kelvin (absolute hot)
  • Arctic Breath - 0 Kelvin (absolute zero)

I haven't determined proper values for his strength or hearing yet.

#9 Posted by Alak (920 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite superhero (Nightwing) is a street-level character so I wouldn't want him to break the boundaries of human capabilities. It's sometimes fun to watch a hero get defeated by a much more powerful villain, only to come back and beat the latter with prep and smarts. Most comic book stories are only interesting if the opposition is just as (if not more) powerful than the protagonist. Otherwise, it'd be boring.

#10 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that my favorite hero is Superman, some of the maximum values I'd assign to his powers would be as follows:

• Telescopic Vision - 46 billion-light years (delivered at speeds equal to the exchange of information between entangled particles)

ok, how in the world did you get the planck relations?

#11 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

as strong as the stories require.

#12 Posted by roboadmiral (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I want my superhero to be superhuman. I mean they gave Black panther an upgrade. Why not Batman? Make him at least a 2 toner with enhanced reflexes, super brain activity and senses. Maybe some kind of accident should give those powers.... Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be as powerful as superman or WW, but at least give him enough power so there would be a chance he could defeat one of those superheroes with prep without anyone saying it's PIS.

That all kind of defeats the point of Batman. The point is that he isn't superhuman, that he's just a man. If he has powers (especially by accident) he is no longer self-made. Batman is intended to be the peak human, a man with an iron-clad will who has pushed his body and mind to their limits. With superpowers, he is no longer what he had the force of will to make himself, but a being of happenstance.

#13 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@rideaspacecowboy said:

ok, how in the world did you get the planck relations?

I'm not claiming these values are canon; rather, they're the levels I'd write Superman at if given the chance. I think there's an interesting story tell tell about an individual who's truly omnipotent.

#14 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

I care more about the character than the powers. My favorite hero being one of the most powerful just so happens to be a bonus.

Basically this though my favorite is Optimus and not Silver Surfer. Come to think of it, just make the basic level of Optimus the same as his current position in Transformers Prime man he's really cool right now.

But that is a bonus and is not necessary, Optimus is cool just the way he is.

#15 Posted by silverJuggernaut (132 posts) - - Show Bio

nova or silver age silver surfer power level. i wat him to be abl to destroy a planet but it will exaust his power when he dos.

#16 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5377 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by jimmy11 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

First, I would like Spider-Man with power augmentation from "The Other" event and 50 ton strength.

Also, it would be nice to put Majestic back on the power level from Mr Majestic Vol. 1 (1999).

#18 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6411 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Wonder Woman powerful.

#19 Posted by JulieDC (859 posts) - - Show Bio

The skill/power set my faves have are just right. More or less power would take away part of what makes them great.

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

check this out. this is what I would do with superman if I was writing him(from another thread):

i think they should retconn superman and heres how i think they should do it:

-this is how the red sun thing should work; the red son doesnt give him powers but it doesnt take them away either. so for instance from the time he first arrived in earth he absorbs the yellow sun radiation nd becomes infinitely more powerful. so say he encounters a red sun in outer space. he doesnt gain MORE strength but he doesnt lose it either. and this brings about supermans "holding back" complex too. since he's always holding back while he's always getting stronger. id love to read that!

-there should only be three characters who hve or can get kryptonite reltively easily. Batman, Lex and Metallo. evrybody else should have to go through hell to get it. the way its written now every tom dick and harry has a rock in their backyard.

- remove to ridiculous vulnurability to magic. mke him as invulnurable to magic as he is to any thing else. this is why i hate reading a superman/shazam book because i know at some point shazam is just going to hold him and yell "shazam!" til supes is near death. thats boring nd thts lazy writing. according to this weakness thor, wonderwomn, dr fate, dr strange, black adam, shazam should all curbstomp superman

-i dont have a quote unquote "problem" with the not being able to see through lead...i just dont understand it or see why its at all necessary

-superman should be established firmly as having incalculable strength. ive read a thousand times "superman is as strong as he needs to be." id like to see that in practice. there are alot of inconsistencies in superman. he's a planet buster but needs help with moving earth and strains even with help? that stuff should be cleaned up superman should have perpetually incresing strength based on what i said should happen with his yellow sun absorbtion

-flash should be the only thing in the universe faster, on any level, than superman... PERIOD

#21 Posted by Immortal777 (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

Faster than a speeding tachyon, more powerful than the gravitational pull of a collapsing star, able to leap from world to world in a single bound!